Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible solutions to the current problems

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Possible solutions to the current problems

Hello.

Please take your time and read my entire post before posting any comments or criticism, I also would highly appreciate if developers would take a look at my post. Anyway, lets start.

What we have now is problems with mana, unbalanced damage, certain skills, attributes, potions, items, class roles and the list goes on.
    One of my biggest concerns are the potion, mana and attribute/skill problems at the moment.
    I'll try to keep this short.
    Almost every class runs out of mana in just 20 seconds or so, and has to keep potting that mana to keep on going.
    The healer role is currently literally non-existent, who needs a healer when I can easily out heal incoming damage with potions?
    More and more, we see weird builds, enchanters and warriors running around with crossbows and daggers, that doesn't make sense.
    Now you might say "why? it does more damage", yes it does, but is this "working as intended"? I doubt that.
    Also, although warriors received a buff recently, my 2h warrior still hits like a napkin, and does less dps than my lvl 15-something archer.
    Items are just very confusing and partly make no sense.

These problems are not only because of the way items were designed, but also because of the current attribute system.
    There are too many stats, that go together with too little attributes.
    If the developers plan to keep 3 attributes for all the current stats, well I doubt it's even possible to balance it out unless they make each class stack 1 attribute.
    Eventually we/they have to introduce more attributes or get rid of stats.

Skills are another point that I consider a problem, and I would like to talk about potions here as well.
    Instead of us having to keep spamming the potion button constantly, we should work around it.
    I have some ideas, I don't mean my way is the only way, I don't really care how they fix this, as long as it eventually gets fixed.
    Currently each class uses mana as their resource, with potions we have unlimited resources, which means we can keep on going as long as we want, we can just spam our best skills that cost the mana without any consequence.

One way of working this around could look something like this for example:
    Add a ~30 sec cooldown on potions (keep on reading please), have something similar to a rest function which could be used while not fighting, maybe 5-6 sec after using any ability that helps a party member or damages enemies, we could dig deeper on how this could work without problems, but I just want to sum it up by saying, similar to to the way threat works now just the other way round, kinda.
    Now our problem is running oom too fast while fighting, we could work this out with adding abilities with something close to 1-3 min cooldowns, that recover mana and possibly some hp instantly, or over time.

These abilities combined with reduced mana costs on skills and wise potion usage, would result in a more fun and interesting gameplay.
    This is my point of view of the game right now, there are other minor problems at the moment, but in my eyes these concern me the most, and I won't bother respeccing or buying expansions before therse crucial points for gameplay get worked around.

Edit: Since people are against having each class have its own role, why not make the same dungeons in harder difficulty, with harder monsters etc, that would require an organized group, rewarding more powerful loot and rewards. This way every group of the community is satisfied.
    Last edited by Shebee; 04-21-2010 at 07:32 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

firstly, your cool down durations are all too long. 30 seconds is simply WAY too long.
    Having periods where we sit and rest REALLY disrupts the flow of the game. What I mean is, alot of games are rushed. People rush into a large group of monsters, aoe the crap out of everything, and as soon as the last monster is dead and the last chest is open, we start rushing to the next set of monsters.
    Its is fast paced action and fun.

Having to sit down and twiddle our thumbs waiting for our heal or potion to cool down distracts from the fun of the rush.

Besides, if we take away potions, what else do we spend gold on? lol

If there is to be a duration on potions, it needs to be extremely short. Short enough so I can potion my sell to full hp relatively quickly, but long enough such that I'm not out potting a boss dmg.
    1-2 seconds is ideal enough.
    Put it this way, imagine if you died. what now? you chug one potion, and have 50% hp and have it stand around waiting. Not fun.
    Or if you draw too many monsters and are struggling to survive. 1 potion wont save you, and you'll be dead in 30 seconds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, like I said it doesnt have to be my solution, but at least 30 sec cooldown would be nice.
    Whats the point in spamming potions, please tell me at least one argument, why spam potions when there are other ways around it.
    It doesn't have to be a rest function, they could adjust the cost so that there is little to no down time at all.
    Currently, we could just aoe taunt every monster in the whole map and just keep spamming potions and aoe them down, yeah very fun and fast paced indeed...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shebee View Post
    Well, like I said it doesnt have to be my solution, but at least 30 sec cooldown would be nice.
    Whats the point in spamming potions, please tell me at least one argument, why spam potions when there are other ways around it.
    It doesn't have to be a rest function, they could adjust the cost so that there is little to no down time at all.
    Currently, we could just aoe taunt every monster in the whole map and just keep spamming potions and aoe them down, yeah very fun and fast paced indeed...
    Like I said, the spamming should be addressed, but a 1-2 second cooldown is more then enough.
    such a cooldown will prevent or at least discourage people from over rushing into monsters or an archer trying to tank a boss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I dont really agree, I don't see how a 2sec cooldown would prevent people from spamming potions.
    Besides, what about pvp, I'd think they disable potions entirely in pvp, which would just lead into chaos because everyone is still dependent on them.
    And you said we cant live without potions, have you ever played any other mmo than PL?
    I just try to make ideas to replace the potion spamming with a natural regen and abilities. And as in this case a rest button if you happen to be nearly oom after a long fight.
    Whats the point if you can keep up 100% mana all the time, this makes failure non-existent, which is pretty stupid, everyone can just solo rush new content and soon no one plays together, the game will be crowded with archers etc..
    I think if you fail to teamplay, what I mean is, have a tank have a healer etc, then you should fail, or at least take it easy and go very slowly through content.
    Whats the point in having parties, or chanters/warriors anyway if we can just keep soloing everything?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

How do you know that they got problems with money? I think they're completly fine right now
    Proud Legends member!
    Level 30 chicken "Chronical"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Never said there were problems with money?
    Besides I'm sure theyll be adding more things to do with money (they already added systems for NPC etc).
    Im very surprised everyone seem to take these suggestions negatively.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I dont really agree, I don't see how a 2sec cooldown would prevent people from spamming potions.
    Besides, what about pvp, I'd think they disable potions entirely in pvp, which would just lead into chaos because everyone is still dependent on them.
    And you said we cant live without potions, have you ever played any other mmo than PL?
    I just try to make ideas to replace the potion spamming with a natural regen and abilities. And as in this case a rest button if you happen to be nearly oom after a long fight.
    Whats the point if you can keep up 100% mana all the time, this makes failure non-existent, which is pretty stupid, everyone can just solo rush new content and soon no one plays together, the game will be crowded with archers etc..
    I think if you fail to teamplay, what I mean is, have a tank have a healer etc, then you should fail, or at least take it easy and go very slowly through content.
    Whats the point in having parties, or chanters/warriors anyway if we can just keep soloing everything?
    Yes, disable potions in PVP is somewhat a given, else its going to be a contest of who has faster fingers and better connection, but that is going to be a loong time away.

Anyway, I'm assuming that you dont play an archer at high levels so you might not know their fragility. At Lost Expidition or Fathom Crypt, its Very hard to out pot a boss. They do more dps then your pots do hps. Esp with a slight lag.
    They can easily kill an archer or a mage within 3 seconds, and thats why I say the pot cooldown duration is fine at 2-3 seconds.

As for the new warriors going in and soloing bosses with the help of potions, I cant really think of a solution. =x

And I've played ALOT of mmorgs. Some enourage potting, some dont, alot just make potting exorbitantly expensive to make it a unwise decision.
    Last edited by Splurd; 04-20-2010 at 10:35 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You are right too, but wouldn't it be a lot more wise to make the system work in a PvP supportive way now already?
    Instead of changing it later again?
    Also, maybe you took my over exaggeration too seriously, but I think you got my point.
    And still, wouldn't it be more fun, and interesting to play if you had (if needed) to use a potion only every 30 secs, still without having any problems, instead of spamming it every 2 seconds?
    I just really don't see anything that would be in favor for the potion spamming, it just makes it kind of unfair in a way, I think each role should have a certain responsibility to a certain point.
    Tanks try to keep aggro, healers try to keep everyone alive etc.
    So tell me, why potions? They are too forgiving for mistakes, e.g. "oops I pulled 10 monsters in a room, ah np I can just keep spamming my potion button".

Guardian of Alterra King Richie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

All of these are brilliant ideas i agree completley with the cooldown time and everything but fair (s)ucks for writing it all down that would have taken ages !!

Proud LEGENDS Member
    Last edited by Justg; 04-20-2010 at 12:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Might want to edit that post man....
    Level 35 archer - kronicdecay
    level 31 enchantress - beaneater

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Completely remove pot's altogether!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enchantress's can heal. Make class roles more established, make Enchantress's and Archers more squishy, That will DEFINE a TANK and HEALER and DPS roles, instead of everyone being able to tank, and solo, and heal, and the do everything garbage some players are doing. (Myself included) !!
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom
    Guild Website - www.venom-guild.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthia View Post
    Completely remove pot's altogether!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enchantress's can heal. Make class roles more established, make Enchantress's and Archers more squishy, That will DEFINE a TANK and HEALER and DPS roles, instead of everyone being able to tank, and solo, and heal, and the do everything garbage some players are doing. (Myself included) !!
    Were you being serious.
    Last edited by Shebee; 04-20-2010 at 01:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hate bringing old games and using them as examples but I'm going to do it anyway.. Take ultimate online for example : to heal you could either sit and wait, use bandages (which took about 3 seconds to apply) or have someone heal you. I agree that potion spammage is not a good thing and putting even a one second delay on them would make a huge difference and give healers another reason to be needed
    Level 35 archer - kronicdecay
    level 31 enchantress - beaneater

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Applying a even 10sec cooldown on potions is not enough, they will still be a great dependency on your performance.
    But by making it at least 30 sec, and instead of pressing that pot buttong youd have your ability to regen mana for example.
    What is it that makes you want those potions? Are you addicted to use potions or what?
    Why can't we play in a way where potions don't matter much..

No seriously, someone give me an argument against my idea that would be in favor for the potions, give me one, please even one good reason why it is better to have potions as our main income source than abilities?

Currently its just like, oh **** i need mana, ill tap a couple of times on that button. Why not get rid of mana completely and just remove the mana costs on skills entirely?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Jesus, more stuff people are having a problem with. The classes have ALREADY been screwed up because of peoples complaining, can we just leave how it is.
    Last edited by Banned; 04-20-2010 at 02:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Banned View Post
    Jesus, more stuff people are having a problem with. The classes have ALREADY been screwed up because of peoples complaining, can we just leave how it is.
    Can you stop criticizing and making stupid comments on every damn post please?
    If you have nothing to constructive to say, just keep your mouth shut and play the game if you feel its working fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Can you stop criticizing and making stupid comments on every damn post please?
    If you have nothing to constructive to say, just keep your mouth shut and play the game if you feel its working fine.
    The fact of the matter is that if I do keep my mouth such the classes are going to keep gettig screwed even further.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You were obviously playing an archer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Archer FTW?