Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Simple Fix to All "Boss Weapons" In Game Forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Default Simple Fix to All "Boss Weapons" In Game Forever

Many people are complaining about boss fight designed weapons not targeting the boss while procing
    I would like to suggest a very simple solution - which is adding option in settings "Priority Boss Targeting"
    which is simple as it sounds - if there is a boss / mini boss monster in range, it will target it first.

In every map we need to deal with mobs, and boss after that.
    So insted of changing every single weapon, add that option and every single boss design weapon will be fixed.

Also it will finally solve problem where "Shadow Piercer" Skill (and other skills) are never targeting bosses like Rahabkor, watch this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FGo...nel=ALSynergia
    PS - I believe this option should be on by defult, if implanted.

- Synergia

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,503 Posts

No. As discussed many times, target selection is most often closest enemy (or enemies if multi-target) within the targeting cone.

However, it could be the cone data is incorrect (as was with Hyperos charge). If you're targeting behind you with weapons, let us know and we can look at it.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Default Rahabkor Mobs Targeting

Not sure if this is intended, but my attacks seem to prefer attacking mobs instead of Rahabkor, even if he is closer than the mobs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    No. As discussed many times, target selection is most often closest enemy (or enemies if multi-target) within the targeting cone.

However, it could be the cone data is incorrect (as was with Hyperos charge). If you're targeting behind you with weapons, let us know and we can look at it.

-ALS
    Can we fix the problem that is showen in the video?
    it has been like this for years

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

-ALS
    Some people like to move back and hit at the same time.

This is known as "kiting" or "orb walking" in MANY other games. This is insanely good mechanic as it allows you to distance yourself from your enemies between your attacks. This allows you to reposition.

It's more interactive this way. Do you guys expect us to stand still and hit boss? That's boring..

It's fine if u don't want it to be this way, but it's slightly inconvenient.

I personally feel a "targeting cone" is an out-dated mechanic.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

What if by priority it hits the closest enemy with more life or stronger in the area?
    It would be more effective, and it would solve a lot of things, including the problem of hitting boxes.
    It also happens with hammer and axe skills in war. Sometimes it jumps or brings enemies that are not in the area, or even hits boxes, etc.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

yes it was not hitting the closest target (rahab) instead it is hitting the mobs.

Sent from my M2010J19CI using Tapatalk

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,503 Posts

Unfortunately, what you're seeing here is probably the result of using center of caster to center of target for distance calulations.

Name:  center.png
Views: 171
Size:  20.6 KB

In this example, ignoring orientation, you are the triangle, but although it looks like you are closer to the large red circle, you're actually closer to the smaller green square (green line is shorter than red line).

Are we going to fix this? Nope. It's part of the charm of our game and I'm sure you can figure out a way to kill the boss knowing how this works.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Unfortunately, what you're seeing here is probably the result of using center of caster to center of target for distance calulations.

In this example, ignoring orientation, you are the triangle, but although it looks like you are closer to the large red circle, you're actually closer to the smaller green square (green line is shorter than red line).

Are we going to fix this? Nope. It's part of the charm of our game and I'm sure you can figure out a way to kill the boss knowing how this works.

-ALS
    You mean to literally stand inside bosses? :O

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Hope it helps

This js what i have been doing since they first denied to change anything about it .

Try standing right top corner after 1st half and use ur wep to proc .

one must keep the mobs busy on the left side .

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

-ALS
    If you are right and mobs don't have special priority, it only means that center of rahabkor placed VERY far from his real visible position and probably outside of map(!!), I think that's problem, besides your picture, maybe also our skills have some 1st priority to atk enemies which stay inside map. Rogues staying inside rahabkor, facing rahabkor and shadow piercer still goes into mob which stay very far away and behind. It's about almost every skill/atk. If it was supposed to work like that (that we have to kill all mobs before we can atk rahab again) - just give immortality + untargetable mode to rahab (or even make him don't appear) until last mob died and it wouldn't be so confusing.
    Also I hope you will find it strange that players complain ONLY about rahabkor's mobs. In all other maps targeting bosses is fine (in other maps only problem is players' knowledge and greediness to kill boss faster and it's why they want their skills ignore everything around and atk boss).
    At 71 expansion was similar problem at hydra (but barely who would remember it now, because there needed to kill tails/miniheads anyway to finish hydra faster, at rahab is different sutiation and we can damage him by melee atks without killing mobs); but it was fixed at hydra and I hope same will be done with rahab.

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,503 Posts

Mobs have to be within the map to attack them and they also require direct line-of-sight which is why my picture shows the center of the circle within the map boundary and a straight line between the targets.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

Well i guess Rahab is waaay back far because you can stand atop of him and end up hitting mobs you cannot even see on your screen(Fully zoomed out).

14.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #14
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostNoob View Post
    Well i guess Rahab is waaay back far because you can stand atop of him and end up hitting mobs you cannot even see on your screen(Fully zoomed out).
    Not sure how that's possible since the maximum range on any weapon is 12m and you need to be facing the mobs to attack them. Seems like you'd either attack the mobs because you're not facing Rahabkor or you'd only attack Rahabkor because the mobs are behind you.

He could be becoming untargetable at certain times or maybe he's leashing, but I'm not too sure on that. I'd need to review the encounter and it's our most complex one.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

for me the design for combat battle or skill is good its boring if u want to auto aim boss, for those complaining why not clear the mobs and box before use ulti
    in boss?? peace !! for those aiming LB time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

There's also an issue with elite Rahab where the poison pools deploy too quick and are near unavoidable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts

Not sure how that's possible since the maximum range on any weapon is 12m and you need to be facing the mobs to attack them. Seems like you'd either attack the mobs because you're not facing Rahabkor or you'd only attack Rahabkor because the mobs are behind you.

He could be becoming untargetable at certain times or maybe he's leashing, but I'm not too sure on that. I'd need to review the encounter and it's our most complex one.

-ALS
    This is the positioning of one example in the OP's video (if you haven't watched it). Despite the player facing the boss, and on top of him, it would still target the mob behind him from afar.

Hence, my hypothesis being the bosses center point is way behind the barrier (illustrated as the pink circle on the image) for the skill to still be targeting the mobs.

Pink circle - boss's center line
    Pink Arrow - boss
    Blue arrow - Player
    Red arrow - mobs

layout:
    Name:  Make it sense bruh.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  44.4 KB

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #18
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,503 Posts

I did watch the video. I recreated a simple test case and found the problem.

He was within the map bounds, but his targetability was configured in such a way to have a lower target priority than normal mobs (best analogy is kind of like a chest). He now has the same targetability priority as other mobs and Shadow Piercer now targets him if facing, closest, etc.

This is fixed in the next server (content) update.

-ALS

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to asommers For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I did watch the video. I recreated a simple test case and found the problem.

He was within the map bounds, but his targetability was configured in such a way to have a lower target priority than normal mobs (best analogy is kind of like a chest). He now has the same targetability priority as other mobs and Shadow Piercer now targets him if facing, closest, etc.

This is fixed in the next server (content) update.

-ALS
    finally ? only if you had self tested it before 5-6 months

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

21.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #20
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kulldeepboro View Post
    finally ? only if you had self tested it before 5-6 months
    You're welcome.

-ALS