Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Maul of Ollerus

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default Maul of Ollerus

Hi, please add a glass effect to the Maul of Ollerus to make it look more beautiful and modern. Because vanities now mostly have a glass effect when rotated to the right/left.

Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

1) it was not intended to be a vanity, it's a weapon.

2) it's an old item.

3) Many people decided to buy it for how it currently looks. If you don't like it then don't buy it, only buy if you like how it currently looks.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

I think what he meant to say by glass effect is actually the specular effect that most of the recent vanities, including new weapons/armors have. I don t think adding specular and tweaking the models meshes to refine the poligons will affect the old pieces in any negative way. In fact nothing will change regarding design, it will simply look more polished and beautiful. Imagine having a perfect orb in Ker shal instead of the one that has visible edges and a more refined stick mesh. There is a discrepance in the current state of the vanityes and equipments and I strongly suggest the update of all of those old items/vanities meshes/textures to bring them in line with the newly added pieces.

And I have made a model of Ollerus Maul and added some specular just to give you some ideea on how it may look like.

Name:  Untitled-1.gif
Views: 139
Size:  3.92 MB

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,483 Posts

We will fix bugs with the artwork, but we're not going to update existing items with subjective requests.

Appreciate the feedback!

-ALS

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It's a shame if there's something good to beautify an item in the game but it's not processed because it's a subjective request. In fact, if you look around, things like this can add to the value of the item, such as making it cooler. Because I think this is a suggestion from a player which is certainly to increase the value, not just a subjective request.

Thank you.