Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: YAFTT: Yet another forum toxicity thread!

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,492 Posts

Default YAFTT: Yet another forum toxicity thread!

I let it slide for months, but now I'll be enforcing this thread.

We will now start removing posts/threads that don't provide constructive criticism or meaningful topics. If your comment doesn't belong in the thread, it will be deleted. Why are you commenting about Y when the thread is about X? Make a new thread, or find an open thread that's discussing the topic you want.

"But my thread didn't have any toxicity!"
    Well, maybe initially, but then it devolved into hateful bashing. It also doesn't help when Spacetime is misrepresented/misquoted to further your agenda.

The bashing is getting old. Do you want your threads/posts ignored? You have a DIRECT line to the actual developers (designers/artists/programmers) and decision makers that are making the game. Why do we need this constant, relentless, and grinding negativity? Do you think I want to delete threads? Next step would be hiring a person to sit between you and us. All of your feedback and comments would be filtered and become tick marks on a tally.

If you don't want to play, DON'T PLAY. I don't want to hear about how you don't want to play, just go away. Vote with your time and vote with your wallet.

We love this game and we love the players. We're always open to constructive criticism and we want to hear your constructive feedback in order to improve the game.

-ALS

PS. Finished reading? Great! Now read it again.

2. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to asommers For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post

We will now start removing posts/threads that don't provide constructive criticism or meaningful topics. If your comment doesn't belong in the thread, it will be deleted. Why are you commenting about Y when the thread is about X? Make a new thread, or find an open thread that's discussing the topic you want.

Well, maybe initially, but then it devolved into hateful bashing. It also doesn't help when Spacetime is misrepresented/misquoted to further your agenda.

The bashing is getting old. Do you want your threads/posts ignored? You have a DIRECT line to the actual developers (designers/artists/programmers) and decision makers that are making the game. Why do we need this constant, relentless, and grinding negativity? Do you think I want to delete threads? Next step would be hiring a person to sit between you and us. All of your feedback and comments would be filtered and become tick marks on a tally.

If you don't want to play, DON'T PLAY. I don't want to hear about how you don't want to play, just go away. Vote with your time and vote with your wallet.

We love this game and we love the players. We're always open to constructive criticism and we want to hear your constructive feedback in order to improve the game.

-ALS

Sent from my M2102J20SG using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Why did my feedback thread about arcane staff got deleted?

The only thing the thread had was a suggestion to make the aura from Arcane Staff do a lot of damage in compensation remove the self-buff it gives.

The thread had 0 replies as far as I am aware.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ploid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

It's amazing how much transparency we've been getting this past year and how much you guys are willing to interact and communicate with this community. Some devs aren't willing to be as open because they don't want to open themselves up to the risk of death threats and toxicity (which is totally understandable). I'm glad that we have this direct line of communication as it has made playing a marginally better experience with all the feedback and changes that were implemented at a very impressive pace. Hopefully we can maintain this direct communication for a long time. Thanks for listening to us!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaziscate For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts

Many threads about the Arcane weapons the past 12hrs provided constructive critism, I'm talking about feedback, suggestions and workarounds to make the new Arcane weapons live up to its name. But, despite all that they were still deleted.

Sure, there might have been some remarks that showed dissapointment and frustration, but they were still genuine feedbacks because we really do care about the game.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,065 Posts

Can my thread about the arc weapons please be "undeleted"? Even in this threads rules/requests and the forum rules it still has not has broken any rule. I posted a video on a weapon, I say what I don't like about it (Constructive Criticism), I say what I can suggest to fix it without having to reworking the entire weapon (Constructive considerate suggestions).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Can my thread about the arc weapons please be "undeleted"? Even in this threads rules/requests and the forum rules it still has not has broken any rule. I posted a video on a weapon, I say what I don't like about it (Constructive Criticism), I say what I can suggest to fix it without having to reworking the entire weapon (Constructive considerate suggestions).
    agree that Encryptions thread is quite well detailed ... i don't see any toxicity in it unless is other people's comments ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Finish reading

Sent from my CPH1909 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

We appreciate your hard work and we do understand that you are just humans like us..
    The thing is, there are some small things that I believe you can do, but you don’t and sometimes it can be upsetting.
    (I mean like testing new weapons uses compare to the current meta)
    We love this game and this is why we don’t give up and walk away, and talking about what do we think that should be done.
    I guess that you might find my threads as “toxic״ but believe me when I say,
    You guys are awesome, and I really appreciate your work overall.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts

I'm gonna agree about the part where it actually is tiring to read constant complains in regards of people threatening to stop supporting game financially or that they're just "gonna quit". Don't think that community understands how does the developing the product
    =/= paying attention to entire feedback works. I like how Suggestions section has been developed and is interactive with someone responsible for game growth, makes it reasonable to go in public space and raise and discuss issues if there are any, without exaggerating on the matter.
    People just should understand that collecting feedback does not mean everything that has been suggested by the players (even if it's vast majority that want same thing) will get implemented into the game. Most of the time it's about adapting to changes or
    eventually take into consideration a different approach to the game, cause at the very end it is just a game. Competitive or not, whatever people do in AL taking out the anger or whining on Forum will not help the game in any sort of development.
    I can't be the only one that think this is quite clear.

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

14. The Following User Says Thank You to |Ares| For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I love the game thats why i spent money .but all off that money got wasted cuz i didnt loot single arcane weapon and gear only arti thats doesn’t cost much. But neveind im just gonna grind esunk for gold and buy arc gears and weapon .btw thanks for the effort .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

So what assommers means is that they don't take criticism to well. They will not take anything from feedback. Basically its either like the game and like everything they are doing to make the game worse or don't play. Correct me if I'm wrong. People aren't saying they hate the game for the first time in 10 years just to get you out of a job. Maybe you should really take a look at what some of these people have to say instead of deleting their threads and banning people and putting the reason as "your taking the game to serious". But owh well maybe yall do want the game to die who knows what goes through yalls heads.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to janedoed2001 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by janedoed2001 View Post
    So what assommers means is that they don't take criticism to well. They will not take anything from feedback. Basically its either like the game and like everything they are doing to make the game worse or don't play. Correct me if I'm wrong. People aren't saying they hate the game for the first time in 10 years just to get you out of a job. Maybe you should really take a look at what some of these people have to say instead of deleting their threads and banning people and putting the reason as "your taking the game to serious". But owh well maybe yall do want the game to die who knows what goes through yalls heads.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    Really? like that 1 guy who made a thread crying, because sts included 1k gold on crafting and even going further that players are getting broke because of it? I think sts are correct, most of the threads nowadays are just purely unthought of, just something that pops on their mind without even pondering on their own then to spew on threads like some genius who found some loopholes, and also most comments are ad hominem nowadays, just a pure attack on sts without even suggesting why or what should have been done. Now, is that constructive criticism? More like a kid asking for lollipop.

+1 on removing threads/comments that are purely hate and non-constructive. These are behaviors that are to be detest of and should be corrected with discipline.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default YAFTT: Yet another forum toxicity thread!

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post

-ALS

Im going to hold my truthfulness. Because I don’t want to get forum banned.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gravings For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

we need to understand what the devs doing is for every players balance enjoyment they listen to our questions, our needs, our problem on game, sometimes we are fighting, sometimes our idea are the same but sometimes are not, but just remember what devs say here in forum we are family,

Player4L

No players no game
    You have to ask your self do you really love al? and why? sts don't make anymore games imo sell this game to a major developer

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Player4L For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

The game is good, but I thought it was better in the past, I believe that when things get easy, you get bored quickly, too, everything is proportional, or older ones who paid more difficulty are still today, now the younger ones who are getting everything easy, until when will they stay? Nobody stays in a game without difficulty, then lets go, apart from the old ones are stopping, the result is to lose everyone.

my private opinion I particularly love AL and I want to see him improve every day.

Enviado de meu SM-G770F usando o Tapatalk

Ok'Tal Prisonㅤ Youtube:ㅤㅤ Gaming Apostle JㅤGuild:ㅤ <Apostle>
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Player4L View Post
    No players no game
    You have to ask your self do you really love al? and why? sts don't make anymore games imo sell this game to a major developer
    ofc they do. learn sts lore then come back to us.

LINKS CAN HACK YOU, now visit the wiki ;D
    https://arcanelegends.fandom.com/wik...e_Legends_Wiki

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pickname - Dougim View Post
    The game is good, but I thought it was better in the past, I believe that when things get easy, you get bored quickly, too, everything is proportional, or older ones who paid more difficulty are still today, now the younger ones who are getting everything easy, until when will they stay? Nobody stays in a game without difficulty, then lets go, apart from the old ones are stopping, the result is to lose everyone.

my private opinion I particularly love AL and I want to see him improve every day.

Enviado de meu SM-G770F usando o Tapatalk
    thats right because of 1-2-3 hit to boss proc the game was boring, they dont know the meaning of game great strategy and adventure game now they killing the adventure and they put the player in to greedy, now take a look at thair request to new arc they want bonus set stat lol.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to snakeeyes For This Useful Post: