Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Option to downvote toxic comments on threads?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Default Option to downvote toxic comments on threads?

Forum toxicity and low IQ posts have recently flooded general discussion and other places on the forums. Possibly add an option say if a post or a reply gets 5 to 10 downvotes it gets auto deleted that way not only will it reduce the dev's workload of monitoring forums but also can keep forums clean.

For example, in the trader's market, many people to this day bump their threads multiple times in a day violating a rule written by sts and going unpunished for it. In general discussions, we have players in a thread discussing the pros and cons of the new arc weapons and replies like "I'm the #1 rogue in arlor" which has absolutely nothing to do with the topic in the discussion.

Asommers, you already made a thread discussing this and if this idea of downvoting to remove posts/threads is taken into consideration I believe you will see less forum toxicity and will be able to prioritize game development.

I'm also aware there are negatives to implementing this idea such as general hate shown to individuals on the forums that's why I suggested a minimum of 5-10 downvotes additionally you can upvote a post to cancel a downvote so that threads that are beneficial but just hated on due to jealousy or whatever righteous reason they may have don't get deleted.

If anyone has suggestions to add to this or other possible negative effects of implementing this idea please share! - Atoned
    The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts

theres a person in specific that makes multiple threads about the same item and bumps them every 2-3 hours and nothing happens to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

Abusable
    At least one (currently banned)person has multiple acc just to thank himself on main acc

Way back when rep was introduced there was an option to downvote
    It didn’t last very long for a few reasons
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,483 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Repent View Post
    Possibly add an option say if a post or a reply gets 5 to 10 downvotes it gets auto deleted that way not only will it reduce the dev's workload of monitoring forums but also can keep forums clean.
    We use vBulletin, so we'd have to spend some time figuring out how the upvote/downvote system works, but it may be a viable option even if it gave Customer Support a reliable report of the top downvoted users per day to look into. Of course this could be rife with abuse, so we'll have to see doing anything drastic with it like auto-deleting posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuds View Post
    theres a person in specific that makes multiple threads about the same item and bumps them every 2-3 hours and nothing happens to them.
    This one's a little tougher, but we do get reported posts on abusers and when that happens, we typically scan the first few pages for abusers and ban/close accordingly. The reports do come in daily, so we've been able to look at it daily. What I would like to do here is if we can procedurally detect users bumping their threads and auto-closing them.

-ALS

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to asommers For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post

Abusable
    At least one (currently banned)person has multiple acc just to thank himself on main acc

I'm aware of what you're talking about maybe an option is IP tracing? That way a person can only vote once and if they log in on a different forum account they would be unable to vote again since their IP is still the same.

Of course, that may be too hard to implement, but just a possible way around certain players abusing the system. - Atoned
    The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Default Option to downvote toxic comments on threads?

Another way this could work would be using a upvote/downvote ratio. If the ratio is below a certain threshold then the post gets deleted. I think the ratio would be better for future use in the event there are bigger controvertial posts. There would also have to be certain protections in place to protect recent posts from being deleted seconds after being posted. Having upvoting and downvoting should also be locked behind some kind of requirement (like time-gating, certain forum rank, certain amount of posts, etc.) to prevent dislike spamming from one person with multiple accounts.

Ok'Tal Prisonㅤ Youtube:ㅤㅤ Gaming Apostle JㅤGuild:ㅤ <Apostle>
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post

Abusable

lol thats like watching my own videos but worse. haha

..sometimes i do like my own videos though , but only if its really good... LOL

LINKS CAN HACK YOU, now visit the wiki ;D
    https://arcanelegends.fandom.com/wik...e_Legends_Wiki