Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arcane Legends Renaissance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Default Arcane Legends Renaissance

Hi,a quick request from an old player here.
    Can we make the game more enjoyable by buffing all the arcanes & mythic weapon below level 70?
    Just like Sts team did to hyperos and other mythics,arcanes 81. Hyperos so damn op,one proc can kill rahabkor if he doesnt have passive.

I believe if all low level weapon got buffed, or even revamp(maybe) this game will offers a wider possibilities instead of playing only in endgame. This game is all about endgame, so why not? Revive the earlier or mid game. I wanna see mu dragon sword proc a bigger lava pool and my drag staff summon alagarn to fight by my side.

Last but not least, i wanna thanks Sts for their hardwork of trying to make this game more balanced and being professional handling critism of players. Thanks,thats all.

Sincerely, Osas.

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,483 Posts

I don't think we'll be adjusting the weapons from previous campaigns, just the current ones while they are current, but we have spoken internally about possibly creating some new dungeons and items at a specific level cap to drum up interest for players that like to play the older levels.

We understand existing players may have skills and attributes that go up to 81, but it may be interesting to create a "nightmare" 41 dungeon requiring players to create an alt for those, or somehow level scaling the 81 to a comparable 41.

Who knows, maybe during character creation, we can have an alternate "level cap" for a specific character so you you don't have to rely on "disable xp" to keep a character at a certain level.

All of this is in the idea phase right now in an attempt to figure out what to do about the midgame.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    I don't think we'll be adjusting the weapons from previous campaigns, just the current ones while they are current, but we have spoken internally about possibly creating some new dungeons and items at a specific level cap to drum up interest for players that like to play the older levels.

We understand existing players may have skills and attributes that go up to 81, but it may be interesting to create a "nightmare" 41 dungeon requiring players to create an alt for those, or somehow level scaling the 81 to a comparable 41.

Who knows, maybe during character creation, we can have an alternate "level cap" for a specific character so you you don't have to rely on "disable xp" to keep a character at a certain level.

All of this is in the idea phase right now in an attempt to figure out what to do about the midgame.

-ALS
    This idea is beyond good. I love the dungeon for specific level like 41. I hope this will be implemented so soon, so that our Arlorian youtuber has more topics to discuss in youtube instead of just come up with merching,new weapon,farming content. This idea of dungeon will open so many damn possibilities despite of old/current player...it WILL ATTRACT NEW PLAYERS!!..

I have one more suggestion, can u add miles reward like, the chest reawward where we get a new set of legend equipment everytime we're level up. But change the prize like pet,jewel,mythic weapon or whatever.

Thanks for hearing us sts. Have a good day working!!Much appreciate!!!!
    Sincerely,Osas.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

-ALS
    wow really interesting approach +1 for this

Sent from my M2010J19CI using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Scaling the player's level/status isn't something sustainable and it won't be well perceived by the community. And I m telling you that based on my previous experiences with this system in other mmos. Asking players to create a new character just to make some piece of content relevant is a bad decission from any point of view. You basically cancel the ideea of progression for any existing player. There are few suggestions that come in my mind at this point.

1. Instead of scaling the player to fit the content, scale the content to fit the endgame. Nightmare could be a game mode like Hardcore where any piece of content will always be scaled to max level (81 current cap), 91 and so on. Every map and every boss will have a chance to drop different old items (mythic/arcane rarity, consumables, gold, furniture, different types of currency). Each type of currency will be required in order to buy different type of recipies that will allow you to craft powerful equipment or convert many of the existing old items in vanities. Obsolete arcane/mythic equipment will be used as components in the crafting process for the new powerful items. This way any existing item and piece of content will become relevant again. You will sink gold through crafting, boost economy and bring the fun aspect of AL back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

-ALS
    +1

I know this will probably get lost in the comments but sometimes when I’m home alone I like to go out in my garden and cover myself with dirt and pretend I’m a carrot.