Thread: Difference between Old PvP and Current PvP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Question Difference between Old PvP and Current PvP

Thread moot. ^^
    Last edited by Sparkzzz; 02-20-2014 at 10:39 AM.
    PL: Sparkzzz (76) Bear, Earthquakezzz (76) Rhino, Melodical (75) Bird, Sparkszs (66) Mage, Fireboltzzz (56) Pally, Flamezzz (56) Bear
    Currently active for the L77 cap.

Senior Member Everyone'sFavMage's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

First of all... Back in the old days it was all FFA. U entered a pvp room to pvp and that's what u did. There was never a "go" until later... Now most of the old pros miss that about pvp and are going back to FFA. As I am.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

The only difference is that PvP at the 25-50 caps was FFA-based, as opposed to the current state of 1v1-based. Rushers only exist because people's expectations of a PvP match have changed. We expect someone to ask us to say go, and when we are attacked off-guard, we flame the person and stick a title on them of, "dorkynoobrushernerdfailsucks".

---------

It's been suggested before, and I'll restate it here. Take "cross-team" chat out of PvP and have all chat automatically filter into team chat. At least have specific maps where this was implemented.

As for 1v1, here's my suggestion:
    Have a large pool of players (20+). You can pick any of these (20+) people and request to 1v1 them. Spectators may join the match, but cannot comment/interfere in any way with the 1v1. Both players will have a "Go" button. Once both players have pressed this "Go" button, they are open to duke it out.

Or you can have a duel system in towns, similar to O&C.
    Last edited by Dynastu; 08-11-2012 at 04:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Everyone'sFavMage View Post
    First of all... Back in the old days it was all FFA. U entered a pvp room to pvp and that's what u did. There was never a "go" until later... Now most of the old pros miss that about pvp and are going back to FFA. As I am.
    what the heck noob, ninja my post? u ded, prepare to be rushed for life! (if you don't rush me first, that is )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Honestly that's how pvp is in mostly all mmo games. U just need to get in a pvp guild or prove to others ur not a push over. If pvpers see a new person come in to a game, first thing pops is he gonna rush. Then let's test his skills. After that its ur faith of performing well and gaining respect as u fight others. Eventually 2 things happen, u start gaining respect or they see u as a weak individual. But really its based on how a person reacts to the rushers actions..

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Everyone'sFavMage:742998
    Exactly, Pocket Legends PvP was made for FFA just like WoW and other MMO's, but players made own rules like "Go" and "Gf".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkzzz View Post
    Ok, I haven't used the forums basically at all, but in-game I am a level 70 (90k/100k) bear with founders. My first ever proper thread is about the state of PvP now compared to the old days.
    Am I wrong to say that when level 35-50 were caps, there were rarely any rushers, but with the constant increase of players in-game, there are more arrogant people who rush and can get away with it? It seems like the game revolves around a lot of flaming about rich rushers now because:
    A)They have a lot of money to afford good gear and enough knowledge in PvP to kill most people.
    B)They have a lot of friends/guildmates to team up with and rush people who are isolated or noticeably poorer.
    C)Rushing appears to be quite infectious (not sure what word to use) as people often team up against innocent players.
    You're gonna find that the quality of player overall has declined.

1. A lot of people these days have much bigger egos than before and don't take well to losing

2. Name calling and other nastiness has risen dramatically

3. Many people have been here and have never known a game without rushing

4. People think that it is acceptable to try to 3v1 someone in forest fight and sometimes lay "traps" or guard spawn points in CTF

The "olde code of honor" is somewhat observed at level cap, but in twink warfare, in most cases, all bets are off. It was very rare in the old days to see 3v1s going on and generally there was a greater effort to make a match "fair".

It just seems like this ruins PvP gameplay for MANY players, assuming you are a casual gamer (although hardcore gamers often have this problem too). The ability to ignore rushers becomes harder to maintain if there are more and more rushers nowadays. I have MAJOR respect to those who never rush, regardless of who their enemies are.
    I'm not going to even bother pointing out rushers because it's pointless to do it on the forum and simply a waste of time, I just want to see veterans' opinions if they agree about what I'm saying. It's definitely ruined my gameplay by ruining my kdr on most of my characters and not being able to enjoy PvP properly.
    Everyone has to deal with rushing. And yes, most rushers are interested in a cheap way to get KDR.

To sum up, I would simply say that PvP nowadays seems to be mostly influenced by if you play enough (so casual gamers get rushed more often than hardcore gamers), and if you have enough friends/good guild to support you, which is difficult to find if you don't play enough, and I'm curious to see if any veteran players would agree.
    /rant
    (sorry if I've repeated various points, I'm too lazy to check my rant)

True. Join a good PvP guild. You're less likely (perhaps by as much as 50%+) to be rushed. Why? Because if they do - the higher end PvP guilds generally will have guildies who take revenge. Btw, you may be asked to assist other players in 3v1 situations if you join a high end guild or to make reprisals against others who rush guildies. Generally higher end guilds though won't recruit just anyone and many do have a code of conduct.

I don't PvP the way I used to anymore. Heck, I haven't even levelled to 70 yet. The imbalance caused by the new gear though is the bigger issue IMO. Many of these rushers could be fought off 2v1 and even 3v1 with some success if PvP was properly balanced and not "dodge based".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Difference between Old PvP and Current PvP

When u see noobs join a pvp game, they don't say "go" but they rush because they have the right idea, killed or be killed. Imo pvp is better and should be about rushing and not calling matches.
    Zanthox- 70 bear Aneyari- 66 mage Zeleone- 56 bird Zanthoxxx- 50 bear
    Yespls- 30 mage Raebkcalb- 15 bear Yesthx- 12 bear Hxexaxlxexr- 10 mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xxbugsyxx View Post
    Honestly that's how pvp is in mostly all mmo games. U just need to get in a pvp guild or prove to others ur not a push over. If pvpers see a new person come in to a game, first thing pops is he gonna rush. Then let's test his skills. After that its ur faith of performing well and gaining respect as u fight others. Eventually 2 things happen, u start gaining respect or they see u as a weak individual. But really its based on how a person reacts to the rushers actions..

Depends on the MMO. In WoW, it's actually very controlled. There is a countdown timer when you join an arena or battleground and you can't do anything outside of them. There isn't anything like that in PL. Rushing can't happen because well, you click to join the arena and there was a countdown.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

WoW is different from PL, it has even more OP'd classes.
    It's much more complicated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

When i first started pvp on my noob 18 bear,it was all rush ..."every person for themself" LOL...

Now its all "go" or be team rushed..

Rushing is unfair but in pvp u must be prepared for anything. *cough*YOLO*cough*
    PL:Xxkoopyxx~Xpertfarmer~Avianftw~Ithepvptwink~ Expertfarmer~Gratuity~Theaviantwink~Bearocalypsed~ Tehmagetwink~Tehbeartwink~Koopymerch+more AL:Thepvptwink~Xxkoopyxx~Ithepvptwink SL: Thepvptwink DL: Thepvptwink

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

I used to be of the mindset that 1v1 was the way to go. I still have that mindset currently. However, after spending some time around 30-35 and 50-55 I've gotten somewhat "dumbed down" by rushers. Now, if someone I don't know gets within 5 meters of me, I generally kill them.

Technically I agree with you that rushing is not the way the game should be played. But then again, if everyone rushed, I would like that as well. Because the game contains a little bit of both rushers and non-rushers, I do a little bit of both rushing and not rushing.

If I could choose between the two, 1v1 and FFA, that would be played all the time, I would pick 1v1.

~MM

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

CTF replaced FFA, short and simple.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KingFu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Im saying fixes do need to happen. but like in wow, u go to a bg and u want to win u join with players that can back u up. Or maybe just a pocket healer if u pro. In pocket legend arena is not a wow arena, its a battle ground like wow.. if u want a decent PvP rating in wow u go with ur team or guild.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Here's some basic things that helped me, and will help you.

Host your own games, this way you can simply type /boot playersnamehere
    If you don't like somebody or they are rushing you.

Next is to add everyone who you like to PVP with, create games with a password and invite your friends and guildes only.

This will, basically solve all your problems.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to call it For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

There really is no difference between the two.
    Besides more rushing and less balance, it's about the same thing. O_o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I'm happy I made my first unnamed bear.when I did. Back then me and my friends combined both.
    Short summary:
    It is organized FFA As soon as we were all ready we fought. Last team standing won.
    But if it was 3v1 or 3v2, we sat 1or2 players. And after every round the best player from the winning team (If they were short) would switch out. This was the only time I ever pvped on a main account.
    PL: Moreavian, Swerveyolo,
    AL: Fightclub, Swag, Twitter, Merch, Mercher.
    DL: Morewizard
    SL: Morewizard, itsdubstep, Santaeng, Drdre.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Dude it's a game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

difference in pvp since old days

lv19 bird cant 1 hit

lv19 int bear cant 2 hit

lv45 ranger cant 1 hit

pally cant 2 hit

bear is not invincible
    yea, yea, yea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Please go back to playing rock paper scissors with your fr... parents and leave the PVPing to the adults.