Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
Admittedly, my presence hasn't been around for a "minute" as I have been busy on life's journey.
My lack of presence is also only temporary until my work dies down.

First, in keeping with the topic itself at hand and why the leaderboards shouldn't be ranked as simply as they currently are.

The leaderboards are supposed to represent The Best (scores, kills, times, etc)...
Most of the leaderboards represent individual players, we then have a few parties of 4 and then a single guilds leaderboard which represents larger parties/groups (small social communities).

If we are going to use APs alone as the main deciding factor for The Best guilds ranked in the game then that would mean of course the more APs the better...

There surely can't be disagreements that a player with a higher amount of APs is going to be more helpful to someone new to the game learning to gain more APs...

If a guild is supposed to represent that, rather than looking at just the total overall amount of APs a guild has in total... why not look at the average APs a guilds players has instead as the guild with players with an average of higher APs would obviously be the environment most beneficial for someone new to the game...

Already mentioned a player with higher APs would be more helpful to someone then someone with a lower amount.

To work out the average amount of APs a guilds members has all we have to do is take the total number of APs and divide it by the number of members that are counted towards that total number of APs.

So based on the most recent figures just looking at The Best guilds in the game, starting with the current Top 3 to find the average APs each guild has per member...

1st - 25k APs average per member
2nd - 20k APs average per member
3rd - 27k APs average per member.

To keep it easy here's a handy spreadsheet of the top 20 guilds with all the math done already...

Source.
Attachment 252602
Name:  guildrankswithaverageapcount.png
Views: 270
Size:  38.9 KB

And now if we were to actually rank the guilds based just on the average APs a guild's members have, because remember more APs alone means more of a help to new players...

Attachment 252603
Name:  guildrankswithaverageapcountnewranks.png
Views: 268
Size:  34.3 KB

Feel free to go verify it all for yourselves.
(edit* the above is a example using the top 20, not sure what the top 50 results would be but if done let please share)

Uncomfortable truths.

A guild that's top of the leaderboards is supposed to be representing the group of best players that would potentially be the most helpful to new players (even if it helps by becoming a goal for that new player to aspire towards) and the best players has also been determined mostly by how many APs a player has (can go look at the player LBs).

Sure lets look at the total number of APs as a collective a guild has to judge if its The Best guild in the game...

A ton of Lead and a Ton of Gold weigh the same ... however the value each has greatly differs.

So we can't just look at the total APs a guild has and we know of course some players in a guild have more APs than others do as well so the fairest way, in reality, is by looking at the average APs amongst all the members of each guild.

Now we know there is more to the game now than just APs and what good is all that if members aren't even online?
so then factoring in not only the APs but also how often a guild members are even online is another good measure to help best represent what is Lead or Gold when looking at the leaderboards.

Oh look we've come back to pretty much what we had before.

The old leaderboards could definitely do with with a bit of tuning in to be a better representative of top guilds otherwise were just pretty much just happy to go along with delusional perspectives and ideas.

Quality > Quantity

Now some of the responses... lol

Not sure why your even triggered, the guild mostly as adults who get on their own business and time to time have a cheeky chat...
We all use the game for different things... I'm sure you can even comprehend that much?

Its amazing how you can literally contradict yourself in a single sentence... wow.
What exactly is the "misinformation" your causing me of? You seem be talking as if you know facts yet your source is "when some friends"...

You could always come and talk to me directly tho last time it was even me who reached out to you to try make some peace tho you have no interest... still hurting after I called out for trying to poach my officers in the past perhaps?

We are actually in agreement ironically enough which again I mentioned about removing or at least adding more to balance it out better.

So by all means adjust Leaderboards, however, I'm sorry but what's currently in play is not a true representation of The Best guilds in the game.

If people really don't care about quality in this game anymore then by all means lets see what the future holds.
Surely, you racked your brain calculating and looking for a way for your guild to "suspiciously" be in top 1 in that table.

Fun fact: your guild is the least active in that entire table.

Conclusions aside.