Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback: Guild Rankings II

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,468 Posts

Default Feedback: Guild Rankings II

As discussed in this thread (link), we're considering changing the way we compute guild rankings. I've read through all of the feedback and we've done some test changes to the guild ranking algorithm.

To recap, we're looking at simplifying it to the following:
    * For all players in a guild, consider the players active within the last 14 days.
    * Of those players, sum highest achievement points for up to 500 players in the guild to compute the guild score.
    * Top guild scores represent guild rank.

Here's a test run of the proposed changes showing the top 20 guilds. You can compare this to the official ranking here (link).

Name:  ranking.png
Views: 800
Size:  24.9 KB

NOTE: Guild stats in the final report are not determined at this time. We'll probably go stat by stat and see if it's useful to keep. Things like guild age could still be a stat, but wouldn't factor into the ranking algorithm.

Comments welcome!

-ALS
    Last edited by asommers; 10-21-2022 at 11:49 AM.

Ok'Tal Prisonㅤ Youtube:ㅤㅤ Gaming Apostle JㅤGuild:ㅤ <Apostle>
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

+1.....simple, nice, . looks good to me, a guilds "goodness??" should simply be calculated by how much aps is in it. yes

other than aps and activity, i guess.. pve/pvp kills/members is next important to disclosing the best guilds.

account age seems like itd become impossible for new guilds to progress on lb.

i wish the transition to this new computerization .. hahaha... be smooth with no backlash to dev.

LINKS CAN HACK YOU, now visit the wiki ;D
    https://arcanelegends.fandom.com/wik...e_Legends_Wiki

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

maybe make it las 30 days

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,062 Posts

Seems nice, guilds mainly are for active players and people who are advanced into the game.
    I don't know how the activity works but if its adding up activity percent per day then at the end of the 2 weeks diving that total percent by 14 to get the average then thats great.
    Or maybe if it takes those 2 weeks and counts percent of the guild logged on within those 2 weeks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Ok so it's gonna be just guild aps lb. Seems fine. No more botters and dummy farmers for boost ranking.

Στάλθηκε από το LDN-L21 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to papas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I thought to maybe also add badge per member would be cool

Gesendet von iPhone 13 mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by papas View Post
    Ok so it's gonna be just guild aps lb. Seems fine. No more botters and dummy farmers for boost ranking.

Most aps within 500 (or less) active players of the guild I think. Not all members and not the ones that have been offline for more than 14 days.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Only having active players and aps as a parameter still doesn't do justice to guild rankings.

I suggest some of these things here:

1.Guild leaving to joining ratio, since a good guild should be able to hold onto their players.

2.Only 1 character per account's aps should be considered in case they have alts in guild. Suppose if a single player has 10 alts with good aps in the guild, then it means a single player can affect the ranking to a large extent.Also there won't be a difference between a 500 player guild with each player having 10 alts to a guild with 50 players 'active'.

Sent from my M2010J19CI using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

I like it, that looks good.
    The "Percentage of players" would be the number of active players of the guild in 14 days that were taken for the calculation?
    And having an icon in the game, or something like that, which directs us to the guild information would be good, there it could indicate, age or day the guild was created, number of players, statistics, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tailwarrior View Post
    Only having active players and aps as a parameter still doesn't do justice to guild rankings.

1.Guild leaving to joining ratio, since a good guild should be able to hold onto their players.

2.Only 1 character per account's aps should be considered in case they have alts in guild. Suppose if a single player has 10 alts with good aps in the guild, then it means a single player can affect the ranking to a large extent.Also there won't be a difference between a 500 player guild with each player having 10 alts to a guild with 50 players 'active'.

Even if you have hundreds of chars with maximum aps, logging in with all the accounts, every day, would be really exhausting.
    Leaving it at 14 days or even 7 days will discourage that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tailwarrior View Post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

So I just realised. That this isn't the final ranking. This is how u define top 50 guilds that will be on the lb.
    And now ur on the phase that u choose which factors will be, that will make the final rankings.
    Having alrd desided that guild age will not be part of it. Tho why a guild being solid and active and have supported the game for most time, should not be rewarded? Would really love to have a reply on this one.
    Keeping the system of excluding worse and best rank factors should remain to help new guilds. If u choose not to keep it tho np. It will be smae for everyone.
    @asommers

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    Even if you have hundreds of chars with maximum aps, logging in with all the accounts, every day, would be really exhausting.
    Leaving it at 14 days or even 7 days will discourage that.
    Just logging for a day within that 2 week frame will make me active and I don't need to do it everyday. I have like 4 accounts with 30k+ aps in each. So I contribute 120k aps. isn't that right?

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #14
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,468 Posts

I'll formulate some responses to recent comments later, but I'll ask a simple question:

If the top 500 active players in the game (by APs) all joined a single guild, wouldn't that be the top guild in the game?

If so, we've got enough data create a list of top guilds. If not, why not?

-ALS

16. The Following User Says Thank You to asommers For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,062 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    I'll formulate some responses to recent comments later, but I'll ask a simple question:

If the top 500 active players in the game (by APs) all joined a single guild, wouldn't that be the top guild in the game?

If so, we've got enough data create a list of top guilds. If not, why not?

-ALS
    This works fine, in the current guild ranking system I can use my own characters to get a guild to top 12 easily only by leveling those characters to 46 with 10k aps on each x pve kills for kdr and x pvp kills for kdr. I did the math to it all back then but never decided to do it because I needed 400 characters with all of that. With this lb you still need 300 characters with a minimum of 10k aps each to hit lb so its still the same just alot easier to do. I doubt anyone will want to pull it off too due to the difficulty of managing all of that.
    Guild age is not a good thing to factorize when ranking on lb, yes its nice to know there are guilds from 2012 but what is the point of them being on lb when most of them are inactive with 0 players. Guild lb is ment to show people what guilds are the most advanced and active in the current time period.

I suggest to show stats on the lb too, Rank, name, PlayerCount, APS, Activity %, Date Created. If it all can fit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    This works fine, in the current guild ranking system I can use my own characters to get a guild to top 12 easily only by leveling those characters to 46 with 10k aps on each x pve kills for kdr and x pvp kills for kdr. I did the math to it all back then but never decided to do it because I needed 400 characters with all of that. With this lb you still need 300 characters with a minimum of 10k aps each to hit lb so its still the same just alot easier to do. I doubt anyone will want to pull it off too due to the difficulty of managing all of that.
    Guild age is not a good thing to factorize when ranking on lb, yes its nice to know there are guilds from 2012 but what is the point of them being on lb when most of them are inactive with 0 players. Guild lb is ment to show people what guilds are the most advanced and active in the current time period.

I suggest to show stats on the lb too, Rank, name, PlayerCount, APS, Activity %, Date Created. If it all can fit.
    U need to understand that aps is the only factor that brings u on guild lb. After ur in there are multi factors that defines ur overall rank. Even if u have lowest aps between all guilds u can get way better place.
    With new system that counts aps of the members been active last 14days all those guilds u mention are off lb. There were guilds with activity like 5% on lb. Now all those aps don't count cause 95% of members are inactive.
    Untill now guild age counted the less tha everything else in game for guild ranking. Plus there is the excluding system of top and lowest rank, so that even makes it matter less(the oldest guild with rank1 is same with all guilds that their guild rank is worse than rest of their factor ranks) idk if u can understand how this actually works. But the point is guild age will not get u on guild lb unless u have enough active ppl with total aps needed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,062 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by papas View Post
    The numbers ur using is totally wrong. Idk when u did ur math but rn u can't get on lb with 300members with 10k aps average. Stop misleading ppl. I can tell many ppl follow u and u provide wrong info on this one. Do better homework before u embarrass urself.

Its simple math. What is 300 times 10k? 3m, look at the chart asommers made above, top 20lb is in the 3m aps range.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

I thought u was talking abt old lb. That's why I changed my comment. If those 300 are active last 14days then ur right.
    Mb @Encryptions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

I believe this new system isn't really doing any justice to the fairness of the guild lb / for years all of the top aps players have swarmed to the #1 guild for no other reason than their rank , now that aps will be the main deciding factor i feel that all guilds below that are being disadvantaged shown by cu being the only guild still in the top rankings after the new change please consider this comment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InsanitrisesAL View Post
    I believe this new system isn't really doing any justice to the fairness of the guild lb / for years all of the top aps players have swarmed to the #1 guild for no other reason than their rank , now that aps will be the main deciding factor i feel that all guilds below that are being disadvantaged shown by cu being the only guild still in the top rankings after the new change please consider this comment
    U misunderstand. This rank u see is just the aps factor ranks. Is desided who will be on lb. Not the final Rankin overall. CU was 5th rank on old lb in aps factor. Now getting rank1. That's because 1-4rank guilds were all full with inactive members which now don't count. So they lost their ranks.
    Changes of lb are made exactly to be fair!
    Pls dont mention things abt a guild u obviously don't know. Top 1guild on lb is attractive for newbies not top aps players. Cu has closed recruiting for years, with little exceptions of close friends and returning players. We became Top aps players by grinding together as a team n I can say with honesty also as a family!
    No matter what changes will be done CU will be on top spots of guild lb. I'm sorry if that makes u sad. And for ur info we never tried hard for it. I never forced anyone do aps or grind pvp/pve kills. We just play a game we love.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to papas For This Useful Post: