Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Happy 10th Birthday Arcane Legends! | Birthday Event Guide

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Balenciaqa View Post
    so you guys choose to make people (guinea pigs) spending thousands of plat/euros/dollars whatever… for unfinished weapons as the right path?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    These weapons were finished and were / are appropriately balanced for those full Arcane Sets and with balanced parties.

Unfortunately that sort of testing isn't AL's reality as most of us tend to have inferior motley mismatched gear and we all want to solo everything.

I'm trying to offer you transparency with respect to the issues I found in the testing process and tell you how things are going right now to answer your implied question: "Why aren't things perfect?"
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    These weapons were finished and were / are appropriately balanced for those full Arcane Sets and with balanced parties.

Unfortunately that sort of testing isn't AL's reality as most of us tend to have inferior motley mismatched gear and we all want to solo everything.

I'm trying to offer you transparency with respect to the issues I found in the testing process and tell you how things are going right now to answer your implied question: "Why aren't things perfect?"
    Tell me, what did you find out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I've been thinking about this since the new arcs were released
    I'm not sure I understand completely how u guys are testing them and I also don't know how hard it would be to implement what I'm about to suggest but hear me out on this:
    "Arcane Weapons testing week event" => u add a npc that has a quest which gives us a limited time version of the arcane weapon of our choice(or maybe both idk) for our class
    it lasts for one week then the weapons dissapear; at the end we provide feedback similar to how the feedback for the latest events has been(for example we can give rating to proc rate, cds, power and so on)
    in the end I think you guys would have far more valuable data to check than testing it internally
    and also I believe it'd be a lot of fun and maybe we would even be convinced to invest in platinum to get them eventually
    many games(and mmos especially) test new stuff on quite a high number of players
    I tried to find some downsides to this but I couldn't; unless the implementation might be too hard/expensive/not worthwhile
    If some1 can think of some obvious ways this could be exploited(which seems to be quite a problem lately) please enlighten me
    I mean even if they are broken the event would only last for a week so we'd still not be in this wierd situation we are now
    Later you can make some more iterations of this event if needed and take time to actually create the final versions before releasing them

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iulicutu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iulicutu View Post
    I'm not sure I understand completely how u guys are testing them and I also don't know how hard it would be to implement what I'm about to suggest but hear me out on this:
    "Arcane Weapons testing week event" => u add a npc that has a quest which gives us a limited time version of the arcane weapon of our choice(or maybe both idk) for our class
    it lasts for one week then the weapons dissapear; at the end we provide feedback similar to how the feedback for the latest events has been(for example we can give rating to proc rate, cds, power and so on)
    in the end I think you guys would have far more valuable data to check than testing it internally
    and also I believe it'd be a lot of fun and maybe we would even be convinced to invest in platinum to get them eventually
    many games(and mmos especially) test new stuff on quite a high number of players
    I tried to find some downsides to this but I couldn't; unless the implementation might be too hard/expensive/not worthwhile
    If some1 can think of some obvious ways this could be exploited(which seems to be quite a problem lately) please enlighten me
    I mean even if they are broken the event would only last for a week so we'd still not be in this wierd situation we are now
    Later you can make some more iterations of this event if needed and take time to actually create the final versions before releasing them
    +1

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    IGN : ZIT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iulicutu View Post
    +1 excellent idea. is the best way. listening to the customer.

Enviado desde mi ANE-LX3 mediante Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

First of all, I want to add that I already read everything you said before. and I suppose you have realized the mistake of doing that knowing that they will not launch the entire team at the same time...

and it is not something new. We all know that the team will not launch at the same time, so they must have known that this would happen.

It is also known that not everyone has to buy all the current arcane equipment.

if these weapons were indeed balanced... I think it's predicted that whatever changes they make now will affect when they drop the remaining arcane gear.

they want to prevent the inevitable. everything in this life is based on failure and error. and perfection will never be achieved without failing many times. They don't want to do many updates in a row. I understand that as a developer. but wanting to have the equipment completely ready with a single update is impossible. They will still have to do it at the moment that something is unbalanced.

And don't forget that the key to any business is to provide what the customer asks for and needs. players are not asking for finished teams because they understand that it is complex and will take time. but they are looking for small adjustments that balance the current game.

Maybe at some point they will adjust it in such a way that it benefits everyone. but let the players know that they are not trying hard and paying money in vain.that each weapon is worth the price that is currently being paid. it doesn't have to be perfect. just functional.

Enviado desde mi ANE-LX3 mediante Tapatalk