Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Preview - Blotto's back! House Party 2022!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How about the gold drop does it need to wear gl?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

can we get blotto in monster furniture? and some old furniture like the disco ball and walls/corners in dark blue,red? and if we can reduce the blotto spawn every 1 hour like last blotto events

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Monelgr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

First disclaimer: I recognize that this thread is about the House Party event, and while I’m trying to make this post very relevant for final tweeks, if necessary, to the House Party event, hopefully as I give my humble opinion it spurs discussion from other players and even developers that will provide lots of insight into what motivates gameplay and event participation in an effort to improve upon future events as well.

STS Arcane Legends management team and Developers - We know that A TON of work goes into good game development and that brainstorming, creating, coding and updating events, gameplay and graphics is no small task. Therefore great weekly/bi-weekly event production is tough esp when trying to keep players happy and active. That takes well coordinated teams (and I have NO problem with, and even hope, that you each profit in some way from this game if that helps give us players better events and updates). Thank you.

Enough back patting, now let me talk House Party and events. As you create events I think you know that we each see events to be great for a number of reasons. What makes an event great vs simply good or even bad may for some players be the leader board rewards, tier rewards, new pets, gear, loot, time per event zone run etc.. I hope to address this subject more later in this post. I probably wont remember to cover all the best items that make an event GREAT for all players as well as myself, so hopefully people read and add to this post despite it being buried on page 5+. That said:

1. Boss Encounter: First, since this is a HOUSE PARTY thread Ill say that for this event as posted in the sneak peek, by keeping to the Arcanax methodology of only one point of damage per attack/hit to the boss Blotto while allowing him to inflict major damage to players is I think potentially very problematic. If I understand the Arcanax encounter portion of the 10th Birthday thread correctly, the reason behind one point of damage was so that it allowed for any player at any level to participate as equally as possible. Considering the hit points and amount of time it took to kill Arcanax, that method of only one point of damage works while including all player levels only when there is no damage received. Side note; I personally didn’t fight Arcanax very much at all because there was so little and such unwanted reward involved. For me personally, only when tier points were raised to 50 and cake slices were replaced by 25 tokens did event development make it from being an event zone i had no interest in whatsoever to being barely inviting. Without getting too sidetracked, the amount of time it took to kill Arcanax was a lot and if it is maintained for Blotto while allowing him high damage attacks, will cause low level players to die a lot and reduce interest from high level players. That’s not fun for those low level players constantly dying and why would I want to spend 2-4 minutes killing a boss that drops minimal loot when I can run other map areas in Arlor for more reward? Events should have a reason to participate. Previously the House Party event was pretty much the only event that allowed low level players to participate with high level and get decent gold loot. I don’t think it’s a bad idea to keep it around for that purpose. However, this current House Party event thread says that we only have “a chance” to loot gold. Depending on how high or low of a chance you’ve given us to get a gold loot drop, you may see a huge lack of interest in this event which in the past was, in my modest understanding, mostly just a gold loot event. To the point of damage done and received: for this current House Party event, my opinion would be to adjust damage received based on level noting that low level players have very little access to health and mana potions, ankhs etc., and/or adjust Blotto targeting so that he has a MUCH higher chance of targeting higher lever characters vs lower. If event participation is your goal as game owners/developers, to draw participation at all player levels, the gameplay may need to be tweaked .

2. Spawn Frequency: I’ve read several posts that say 2 hours is too long between Blotto spawns/appearances. Again this is just imho. As you develop events, IF you need to add this event as a “Filler Event” and IF in events like this one, where the event zone is open to all levels, AND you HAVE set a high probability/“chance” of gold loot and players stand to gain plenty of gold per boss encounter, then my humble opinion in reference to the frequency of Blotto appearing is that 2 hour increments is okay. I see this years House Party event popping up not previously on the calendar, as what I would call a “Filler Event” requiring minimal work, comparatively, from the development team. For those players who are level 81, we have plenty of ways to farm gold in between Blotto appearances and to complain about spawn frequency from an aspect of not getting free gold that you don’t have to work for, especially without giving meaningful input or feedback, is not only lazy but does nothing to help players or to help STS design future events better. Back to STS Arcane Legends game management - Main point on Blotto/Boss FREQUENCY is: If to fill the calendar with non-stop events, if you need to insert a “Filler Event” to fill gaps while you develope great 2 week events, and keep us players occupied while you code, then 2 hours while definitely long is “okay” from the sole standpoint that it’s in all honesty just allowing low level players a way to get decent gold loot and we also know players stick a second account in the room or sit afk. HOWEVER, I really like the idea of a house party event being A) an annual event where loot includes new and very cool house furnishings, which changes my opinion and request to please increase the boss and loot drop frequency by dropping the time to 1 hour or less. B) One great aspect of this event is the opportunity to see other players houses and their creativity. A previous House Party event with its new furnishing drops is what inspired me to actually get a bigger house and stick things inside it. With that in mind, just as we look forward to certain annual events such as Eggzavior or the Goblin event/chests for speed sets, I’d love to see this event be a recurring one for not only inspiring players to furnish their own house creatively, but also an event where really cool new house furnishings can be looted from the boss as well as chests. So that we can see and play with players and friends in time zones around the world as well as get those house furnishings, I’d like to see Blotto spawn in 1 hour increments or less. This year, the luggage furnishings are maybe neat but not great and they don’t WOW me personally or make me want to participate more.

3. Boss spawn requirements: last time there were many instances where some players did not make it into the event. Due to the infrequent nature of the boss spawn, players scramble for a house and with the 20 person minimum while a house has 25 max capacity, there are inevitably those who miss out. As developers you must play yourselves in order to watch actual game play and reactions. For this event, players who are Hosting the House Party are getting to their own homes at least 10 minutes prior to the spawn and many other players are also coming and sitting 5 to 10 minutes in order to have a spot. Side note: That is a long time to commit to one boss encounter with minimal loot and only a chance at gold loot. Could you please drop the boss spawn requirement from 20 players in the event zone (house) to 15 players.

4. Loot: In any event where the frequency of the boss encounter is low, please increase the loot drop. For those players who Are waiting around, that is a long time to wait for nothing. If you, STS, want player participation, interest and enthusiasm in an event, then it should make comparative sense to participate in the event vs doing something else and preferably it should offer something of interest. My suggestion is that as with any business make an EXTREMELY cool item/s that can only be purchased initially with platinum. The Phoenix pet is a GREAT example. You did something new and very cool with the graphics effects on the Phoenix and it’s aa. As a gaming company your goal is to make a profit and platinum purchases are a means to that end. I would encourage you to continue to make great items available through game play such as event tokens and loot drops, otherwise you will have many players lose interest altogether. But mediocre items will also result in a lack of interest. I for one was disappointed when I during the Halloween event saw and spent time and tokens on a plain tombstone then later noticed much cooler tombstones with a glowing graphic effect throughout Arlor dungeon maps. I will add a picture to show, I would much rather have house furnishings that have some sort of glow or flame. I spent a lot of time and effort last year during the arcane event (and I was disappointed that it was dropped from the calendar this year) to craft the lava couch because I think it’s not just a good piece but a GREAT one. In fact with any vanity item, aura, pet, or home furnishing I would like to see something really cool. I would much rather have you spend more time developing GREAT items that show up less frequently, than have you update us with many constant events and items that are marginally good at best. Also regarding loot, I would love to see more items like the Kill Co. Ring and Profit Ring. I’d love to see you bring back some of the very cool items from earlier in AL history such as Auras like Jupiter or Black Ice and the Halloween ghost/grim reaper banner.

What draws me to an event is:
    #1 the loot including both cool new items as well as gold that can be gained. Whether loot drops, tier rewards or event tokens, I like to see you mix it up but this is my main draw.
    #2 The game play both event zone requirements as well as over all time requirements such as pre boss mobs as well as boss encounter, graphics and fight time. I’d also be open to new boss strategy development but I think this post is getting to the point of needing a new thread all its own. Please see the pic attached showing an example of graphics I personally think are very cool and would like to see in future house furnishings.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB93D616-23C4-449D-ACB1-DA43EEF61AC4.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	12.88 MB 
ID:	250129

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mythocrisis View Post
    Looks good. Thank you.

@asommers any possibility to add those bears in different colors like white black red or other colors too while it launches?
    Not many vanities goes with brown.
    Kaws inspired bear would be so dope with X’s on eyes and mismatched colors (white with purple stitching/ black with red stitching etc)

+1 to spread out the boring events also

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

blotto badge dropable from boss (a icon of blotto face or a party hat badge) would be nice

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

why not a bear vanity set

Sent from my M2010J19CI using Tapatalk

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tailwarrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tailwarrior View Post
    why not a bear vanity set

Sent from my M2010J19CI using Tapatalk
    OMG! I want it too...

@asommers

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hisstar View Post
    OMG! I want it too...

@asommers

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    +1 i like it

11char

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Really? Another Afk event.. why not jarl event instead of this?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I thought devs were asking us about Jarl event not this ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

is it also possible for us to have a collab pet, like arcane legends x pokémon 😅, or vanity pet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Could you position yourself and take action in the face of so much comments?

@Cinco

Enviado de meu SM-G770F usando o Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Bear backback looks cool, any chance to get a full teddy bear vanity? Even if it's only available through plat it would be pretty neat

@Cinco @asommers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

+1111 very good ideas

17.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #115
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,475 Posts

Closing preview thread in favor of the feedback thread (link).

-ALS