Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: About the return of S1 rares.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ploid View Post
    What's the point of owning an item that you can't use in game-play?

Also, what does nostalgia have to do with the amount of items? Nostalgia occurs when things remind you of sweet memories of the past.

Even if items come back as vanities, they will be vanities, not gear pieces. So you will still gave your rare 1 out of 3-4 original gear sets.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    I don’t have any memories of dozens of newly joined players wearing a set that has been one of the most expensive and sought after collectables for the past 10 years, in the form of a 100 platinum vanity.

The point in owning these sets is different for each individual but i personally collected as a hobby when i’m not doing anything else. If they come back as house furniture i would still be obliged to point out the fact that 90% of the people who asked for them to return are people who could have never gotten them any other way because it was too difficult in one way or another.

If they released recipes to craft these sets into vanity instead then that would fulfill the intentions of forgotten event, the only reason anyone can complain then if it’s solely because they can’t afford it.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Snowman Is here For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

I also don’t recall it being sts’s job to regulate any in-game prices/values of anything players sell or trade with each other. Let alone something that’s cosmetic and gives no advantages to game-play. People saw a chance to take advantage of devs asking players which sets they wanted to see return and simply asked for the most expensive sets.

Even after them not releasing these sets for multiple forgotten events, people still ask. I really doubt every single person asking for crier and heraldic are die-hard fans of the sets and have the intentions of actually wearing these sets regardless of the price behind it because just as the other sets have been re-released and their prices have dropped to 1/10 their original counterparts price i barely see people wearing them as much as before the forgotten event even transpired.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Snowman Is here For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman Is here View Post
    I also don’t recall it being sts’s job to regulate any in-game prices/values of anything players sell or trade with each other. Let alone something that’s cosmetic and gives no advantages to game-play. People saw a chance to take advantage of devs asking players which sets they wanted to see return and simply asked for the most expensive sets.

Even after them not releasing these sets for multiple forgotten events, people still ask. I really doubt every single person asking for crier and heraldic are die-hard fans of the sets and have the intentions of actually wearing these sets regardless of the price behind it because just as the other sets have been re-released and their prices have dropped to 1/10 their original counterparts price i barely see people wearing them as much as before the forgotten event even transpired.
    Theyre asking for it since they did do that very recently on forerunners, and there's other proof and a developer response here as well. Please read through them again.

And giving a recipe for the set? Please hear yourself.
    There's what 5-6 people who own them. So you want the entire workforce to create a recipe for a bunch of 5-10 people to craft a vanity and manipulate the living macaroons out of it. No thanks.

Sone points of yours made sense but this is out of the batpoop crazy buddy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mythocrisis View Post
    Theyre asking for it since they did do that very recently on forerunners, and there's other proof and a developer response here as well. Please read through them again.

And giving a recipe for the set? Please hear yourself.
    There's what 5-6 people who own them. So you want the entire workforce to create a recipe for a bunch of 5-10 people to craft a vanity and manipulate the living macaroons out of it. No thanks.

Sone points of yours made sense but this is out of the batpoop crazy buddy.
    As i said in my first post i don’t care for forgotten event, if it doesn’t return or does. A recipe would give owners a choice to turn them into vanity. You can then buy the vanity at whatever price is agreed on, i don’t see why being able to afford it is any of the dev’s problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

STS will release them 1 collectable at a time don’t worry guys. 200 plat for crier! Yes we can!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

As i said in my first post i don’t care for forgotten event, if it doesn’t return or does. A recipe would give owners a choice to turn them into vanity. You can then buy the vanity at whatever price is agreed on, i don’t see why being able to afford it is any of the dev’s problem.
    I don't recall it being a dev's job to keep the prices of items high, and to not return items they never stated would never return.

It's your responsibility for buying an item a Dev never explicitly stated that it would never return.

Peace.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

I belive your suggestion:
    1.) Favouring a small bunch of collectors (around 4-5 people at Max with such gear)

2.) Absolutely non beneficial to the game by not generating money .

3.) Selfish as the recipe can only be used by the said 4-5 people and more room for manipulating beyond your wildest imagination.

I've already told you the reason in my last post.

Please think before you type the same response again.
    I'm sorry if I said anything hurtful but I'm just trying to understand you better about what you're asking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

…2.) Absolutely non beneficial to the game by not generating money .
    Looking at prices of new kraken items, why not make the hypothetical craft a gold sink? Seems like a lot of gold in the community? (Just an observation)

…Please think before you type ….
    Maybe you should do the same as what you told snowman, I’m not trying to be rude. I know who snowman is, and I will say is one (of a handful) of least selfish players that I know in AL.

We (collectors) have spoke our peace about how we feel about the rarity of collectible items. I appreciate Cinco for being transparent, however do hope if STS decided to make s1 equipment as vanities make them bound.
    As far as what STS will do with s1 items, it is what it is, and what will be, will be…
    Last edited by Avaree; 11-30-2022 at 04:57 PM.
    Avy
    12-2012

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

There are outliers for everything. Yes, there are a few collectors with gears of only 4-5 in game, but that is how it’s supposed to be. Life is full of outliers. Not everything is meant for everyone.

A real life example- Most people, if not everyone wants to be a millionaire, but not everyone will become a millionaire. Yes, you are free to want it, but that does not mean you will get it. If everyone was a millionaire, then no one would care to become one.

The point is: Some things are meant to stay exclusive because if they were not exclusive, no one would care for it.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Warriorknown For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

I belive your suggestion:
    1.) Favouring a small bunch of collectors (around 4-5 people at Max with such gear)

2.) Absolutely non beneficial to the game by not generating money .

3.) Selfish as the recipe can only be used by the said 4-5 people and more room for manipulating beyond your wildest imagination.

I've already told you the reason in my last post.

Please think before you type the same response again.
    I'm sorry if I said anything hurtful but I'm just trying to understand you better about what you're asking.
    You seem to have this misconception i’m defending s1 collectable owners and enabling an idea for them to manipulate prices, i guess my point has went over your head completely so let me elaborate.

1. You’re asking sts to introduce crier in vanity version, a recipe to craft these sets into vanity does that very thing.

2. If the forgotten event does not generate money then perhaps it needs to be replaced by an event that does generate it.

3. How am selfish? If sts goes through with recipes what will you lose? Compare that to what others will lose if sts continues to return rare collectables as vanity for platinum. Those 4-5 sets are available for everyone to buy and trade and most of the current owners are willing to sell/trade theirs, people are farming millions of gold per hour at endgame so maybe play the game and save up like everyone else did.

4. I’m not favoring the owners, i favor this alternative because it does not effect the original sets negatively.

I’m not hurt by anything that has been said in this thread but it’s a real shame the game has resorted to recycling content this heavily. The decision the devs will make will either introduce collectables to the vast amount of players who grind for top vanity in-game or will completely kill out whatever remains of original s1 sets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

You seem to have this misconception i’m defending s1 collectable owners and enabling an idea for them to manipulate prices, i guess my point has went over your head completely so let me elaborate.

1. You’re asking sts to introduce crier in vanity version, a recipe to craft these sets into vanity does that very thing.

2. If the forgotten event does not generate money then perhaps it needs to be replaced by an event that does generate it.

3. How am selfish? If sts goes through with recipes what will you lose? Compare that to what others will lose if sts continues to return rare collectables as vanity for platinum. Those 4-5 sets are available for everyone to buy and trade and most of the current owners are willing to sell/trade theirs, people are farming millions of gold per hour at endgame so maybe play the game and save up like everyone else did.

4. I’m not favoring the owners, i favor this alternative because it does not effect the original sets negatively.

I’m not hurt by anything that has been said in this thread but it’s a real shame the game has resorted to recycling content this heavily. The decision the devs will make will either introduce collectables to the vast amount of players who grind for top vanity in-game or will completely kill out whatever remains of original s1 sets.
    Great first point man! They want crier into vanity version, but only in a way where they are widely accessible to everyone. Not through a crafting recipe where the current owners who grinded for them benefit. It seems people like to get things the easy way with a swipe of a credit card, only so they could wear the vanity armor for a few hours!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Warriorknown For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorknown View Post
    Great first point man! They want crier into vanity version, but only in a way where they are widely accessible to everyone. Not through a crafting recipe where the current owners who grinded for them benefit. It seems people like to get things the easy way with a swipe of a credit card, only so they could wear the vanity armor for a few hours!
    Sorry gud ol brotha man, havnt here realize da yuh actually done here grinded 4bil for ye old crier.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alghost View Post
    Sorry gud ol brotha man, havnt here realize da yuh actually done here grinded 4bil for ye old crier.
    There is the problem, you do not see the full picture. Yes, the value of the armor is now a benefit. Do you think the crier magically appeared in my inventory when I first started playing?

The grind I am talking about is in 2017 when there was a lot of competition among collectors to get items like a crier. 40m gold to buy the crier was also a grind back in 2017 when the gold cap was 100m.

This is what I mean when you only see the benefits and not the grind people overcame to get their items. Why should others get it some easy way through the store?

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Warriorknown For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Guys
    It was just a question that was answered by a developer to give a clear picture to the current standing of collectibles.

You can fight here all you want with conflicting opinions. But I think we heard it from the man himself about the issue that was put forth.

Let's chill and hope everyone is satisfied with the decisions they take.