Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: About the return of S1 rares.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    but it will still take away nearly all the value of the item. that's the point most of us are trying to make lol
    forerunners have never been the rarest or most expensive collectable, this is different when you add criers, epic and rare heraldics into the conversation.
    Many people have put countless hours in getting enough gold to buy the absolute rarest of rare items in the game.
    Personally i don't understand why these items HAVE to come back, why not please both parties and recolor the heraldic to both satisfy the people who want to obtain a new heraldic they like, while also keeping the collecting scene alive.
    but im fairly impartial in the matter, i just dont see the logic in it
    As someone had said before, discontinued items do not function the same way like exclusive leaderboard items do, and there is always the possibility that they will be re-released.

It's similar to when companies re-release previous product releases. They never stated that the product was exclusive or provided a set production run, so they don't have any obligations to maintain the rarity.

They say they won't bring in the valuable stuff, but It has already happened with forerunners, Founders and Soulhunt sets that were also discontinued items from the early seasons, deemed exclusive by many, and it was approaching a 7 digit figure before they released it for plat recently. At the end of the day its their final call.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilove_Poopoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    As someone had said before, discontinued items do not function the same way like exclusive leaderboard items do, and there is always the possibility that they will be re-released.

It's similar to when companies re-release previous product releases. They never stated that the product was exclusive or provided a set production run, so they don't have any obligations to maintain the rarity.

They say they won't bring in the valuable stuff, but It has already happened with forerunners, Founders and Soulhunt sets that were also discontinued items from the early seasons, deemed exclusive by many, and it was approaching a 7 digit figure before they released it for plat recently. At the end of the day its their final call.

Good points, yet i still stand by what said.
    I know, and i never said it was promised to be exclusive, but this doesnt mean nuking the price is fair.
    In the end its a battle of interests. People who don’t want to lose all their hard earned gold will be against, people who just want to enjoy the item will endorse it.
    All im trying to say is; theres a middle ground.
    And even if i didnt have my toes dabbled in the Anti-Rare-Return-Fest camp, i’d see it as an overall W if we could get some new recolors (or even slightly new design variants) of the heraldics
    Anyways.. next tour of arlor when?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Spooked For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

I looked for the post by a dev, that (not word for word) said “s1 items wouldn’t be coming back” it was posted in one of the 2 forgotten vanity threads, I can’t find it in either thread now.
    But that’s besides the point.

I have to agree with Spooked on this mater, many players have played long and hard to obtain enough gold to get a s1 item, it would be very disheartening to those players who own an item from s1 to have it loose value, by a mass release of that item in a vanity form. It would be the same feeling to those who ran their heart and soul out to earn top event LB spot, just for a bound vanity only years later have it released to the community for x amount of plat.

IF sts decides to have a s1 come back on certain items in vanity form, pls include caps xD and ask owners of such original items if they want their item converted at no cost to a vanity.

At the end of the day this is their (sts) game, they will do what they think is best for the community.
    Avy
    12-2012

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Good points, yet i still stand by what said.
    I know, and i never said it was promised to be exclusive, but this doesnt mean nuking the price is fair.
    In the end its a battle of interests. People who don’t want to lose all their hard earned gold will be against, people who just want to enjoy the item will endorse it.
    All im trying to say is; theres a middle ground.
    And even if i didnt have my toes dabbled in the Anti-Rare-Return-Fest camp, i’d see it as an overall W if we could get some new recolors (or even slightly new design variants) of the heraldics
    Anyways.. next tour of arlor when?
    Yes I agree. It'll end with the interest of people.

The data that STS holds from forgotten events, in which players opposing the release of rares, and those who would want them in store next time around - all factor in.

In the end, developers will take the actions necessary to ensure the game maintains revenue to operate - even if it's a bitter pill to swallow.

Not that I want discontinued items to return, but rather raising awareness of what has happened and what can happen based on prior events.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

but it will still take away nearly all the value of the item. that's the point most of us are trying to make lol
    forerunners have never been the rarest or most expensive collectable, this is different when you add criers, epic and rare heraldics into the conversation.
    Many people have put countless hours in getting enough gold to buy the absolute rarest of rare items in the game.
    Personally i don't understand why these items HAVE to come back, why not please both parties and recolor the heraldic to both satisfy the people who want to obtain a new heraldic they like, while also keeping the collecting scene alive.
    but im fairly impartial in the matter, i just dont see the logic in it
    I have not given any opinion, which is irrelevant.
    I have only said what the devs said in response to the original question in the thread.
    So if the question is, will these items return in the form of vanity?
    The answer is, yes it is very likely.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

As far as i can see, releasing the vanity version doesn't make the original gear less rare.

For example, we now hardly find a legendary forerunner set, let alone twinkie level 1-2 legendary set. i have no idea how and where to buy a forerunner helm legendary now.

Collector job is to collect original gears, not vanity versions of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pyroflame View Post
    As far as i can see, releasing the vanity version doesn't make the original gear less rare.

For example, we now hardly find a legendary forerunner set, let alone twinkie level 1-2 legendary set. i have no idea how and where to buy a forerunner helm legendary now.

Collector job is to collect original gears, not vanity versions of it.
    The release of a vanity version nullifies the gear, as it is essentially an upgrade - it can be worn at any level over any gear. The gear version losses its value as there is no point when it can be mimiced by the vanity.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ilove_Poopoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

or dev can make the vanity the same as they made armor of the watch & villainous watch vanity, same but slightly different in color.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Looks like they will return at one point as vanities .
    Ty

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mythocrisis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I would love to own these pieces too BUT - Don't do this please... It is supposed to be a memory. Artifact of the past. What else do we have left if not these items? Even if it's just a memory..
    Thank you Spacetimestudios for being a part of my life.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Fytheo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

I just do not see the point of returning the OG vanities/items, like it only gives a brief sec of excitement and enjoyment but the main effect is simply to destroy or devalue that item. The good examples were the forerunners and green arlor set, nobody wears those vanities anymore because it is literally accessible easily. The OG items should be given prestige since it connotes AL history, a past, and nostalgic memories - every OG items lived long enough to tell a story. STS should instead innovate and not to bring back the old ones. The OG items are just mostly expensive and look pretty in the eyes of many because it is rare, but trust me once it is common like back in the days only few players are appreciating it. My 2 cents.....

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pfizer For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pfizer View Post
    I just do not see the point of returning the OG vanities/items, like it only gives a brief sec of excitement and enjoyment but the main effect is simply to destroy or devalue that item. The good examples were the forerunners and green arlor set, nobody wears those vanities anymore because it is literally accessible easily. The OG items should be given prestige since it connotes AL history, a past, and nostalgic memories - every OG items lived long enough to tell a story. STS should instead innovate and not to bring back the old ones. The OG items are just mostly expensive and look pretty in the eyes of many because it is rare, but trust me once it is common like back in the days only few players are appreciating it. My 2 cents.....
    Nothing but facts.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Warriorknown For This Useful Post:

Ok'Tal Prisonㅤ Youtube:ㅤㅤ Gaming Apostle JㅤGuild:ㅤ <Apostle>
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

This thread reminds me of the L71 EMS re-release on PL, The EMS (elite marlin sword) is a badass blue huge sword in the shape of a fish; one of the most expensive items.

It was re-released as a level 110 weapon, recolored. The model is the same though, which IMO is what is important.

If this would happen to the S1 rares, IDK if it would make a difference as the model is insignificant?

Either way, maybe you'll still get that question of "how is your sword blue?" etc.

LINKS CAN HACK YOU, now visit the wiki ;D
    https://arcanelegends.fandom.com/wik...e_Legends_Wiki

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal_Blood View Post
    This thread reminds me of the L71 EMS re-release on PL, The EMS (elite marlin sword) is a badass blue huge sword in the shape of a fish; one of the most expensive items.

It was re-released as a level 110 weapon, recolored. The model is the same though, which IMO is what is important.

If this would happen to the S1 rares, IDK if it would make a difference as the model is insignificant?

Either way, maybe you'll still get that question of "how is your sword blue?" etc.
    Exactly,
    This is what many of us are saying. A recolor of for example the heraldics is nothing new. There must be around 6 different heraldic color palletes for each class by now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

id like myself flurry hat and tabbard set mage or warrior. Winter is coming and Sts is going to gift us our tabbard sets. Maybe also add older lb vanities to store for plat, could stonk big.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gobbels View Post
    id like myself flurry hat and tabbard set mage or warrior. Winter is coming and Sts is going to gift us our tabbard sets. Maybe also add older lb vanities to store for plat, could stonk big.
    When Cinco asked for opinions in what the community would like to see released in the forgotten vanity event thread, tabard was suggested several times, (bc I deleted the ss, I can’t back this up) one dev said “sorry not gonna happen.” (not word for word)

All artist have an original first piece they drew/painted/crafted - I would love to see what has been designed but never released, IF there are scribbles of vanities lurking that have never been released, STS please show them off, let the community voice what they would love to see as the next possible “shiny new toy”.
    Avy
    12-2012

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Idk why these old useless "collector" items always get compared to lb items which take actual effort to obtain. Like Goddamn, if I could sit in town all day and get lb items I would but that's just not the case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Observing View Post
    Idk why these old useless "collector" items always get compared to lb items which take actual effort to obtain. Like Goddamn, if I could sit in town all day and get lb items I would but that's just not the case.
    As someone who has ran Multiple top10’s Top 25’s and Top 50’s; it took me longer to get the gold for a crier than farming a 2 week event.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Spooked For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

As someone who has ran Multiple top10’s Top 25’s and Top 50’s; it took me longer to get the gold for a crier than farming a 2 week event.
    Well said!!
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

You will still have the armor version even if they release the vanity. The armor version's rarity would still be the same however it'll be less desirable.

If you bought for nostalgia, you can still have it with the armor version. If you bought it for investment, things happen and prices change drastically.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk