Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: @Futumsh A Weird Problem That Is Repeating Itself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Default @Futumsh A Weird Problem That Is Repeating Itself.

Hey, I have a problem with the game, in fact, everyone in my region has this problem every once in awhile.
    The problem is, every once in awhile, we have very bad lag in the game, make it unplayable.
    Most of the time its fine (normal 150-250 ping) but then, comes a day and we all have the same huge lags that casuing us to DC over and over again.

I know in fact that this is not a problem with my intenet supplier because of 3 things:

1) My internet speed is high, and I am able to play very heavy games with no lags at the same PC as I play AL at. (Games like Overwatch, Call Of Duty ETC, and really 0 lags or network issues)

2) When I use VPN, AL works just fine (in most cases).
    Anytime I am not on VPN, I can't even move without getting to 5,000-10,000 PING

3) This is happening every month or so for few days TO EVERYONE in where I live (Middle East).
    For me the I lag a little bit less when I play on phone AND NOT playing on any kind of Wifi.
    If I do play on any kind of Wifi, lags are huge and make it impossible to play.

Usually this problem is happening for few days and then the game works fine.
    But this time it started like 2 weeks ago and still happening

I made a thread like that before, I didn't explain as much as this time about the problem, and yet you said its my own internet problem.
    I tried to explain more this time, I hope you could help us fix this problem.
    Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

you do realise how far away you are from the STS servers? you can't compare a triple A multiplayer title servers to (may i say indie?) studios server.
    if a VPN does the trick then isnt the problem solved?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    you do realise how far away you are from the STS servers? you can't compare a triple A multiplayer title servers to (may i say indie?) studios server.
    if a VPN does the trick then isnt the problem solved?
    I am playing this game since 2013, never had that problem before it started few months ago, happening for few days every month.

I am aware how far we are, however there are people who even live farther and yet don't have that issue

VPN works most of the time but doesnt seem right that we have to pay for subscribtion to a VPN just to play AL?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    197 Posts

Same problem here... And it's not my connection problem, I run much heavier online games on my phone, and have no issue at all....
    It happens week in a month, all of the sudden ping is 1k-30k or can't connect at all... I use VPN which connects me to German server and it improves the ping issue
    But I can't buy plat or do any offers or play hc normally cause VPN disconnects as well at times.
    I would like to understand is that specifically a regional thing? I have never had such bad ping sinse 2013....

Sent from my M2102J20SG using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Starkinea For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Starkinea View Post
    Same problem here... And it's not my connection problem, I run much heavier online games on my phone, and have no issue at all....
    It happens week in a month, all of the sudden ping is 1k-30k or can't connect at all... I use VPN which connects me to German server and it improves the ping issue
    But I can't buy plat or do any offers or play hc normally cause VPN disconnects as well at times.
    I would like to understand is that specifically a regional thing? I have never had such bad ping sinse 2013....

Sent from my M2102J20SG using Tapatalk
    exactly what I am talking about

7.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,893 Posts

Closing. We do not control the internet.