Thread: Events Are Hurting The Game

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

events arent the issue
    also sunk fleet and some other maps are being played

they should improve ezg and evg more also pvp could be improved for more quality outside of events
    -add solo mode for ezg
    - add better rewards for evg and ezg
    remove normal pvp completely and only leave 2 ranked modes
    one honor pvp and one with normal gear /both only lv 81
    and add lb rewards here aswell

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by championboost View Post
    events arent the issue
    also sunk fleet and some other maps are being played

they should improve ezg and evg more also pvp could be improved for more quality outside of events
    -add solo mode for ezg
    - add better rewards for evg and ezg
    remove normal pvp completely and only leave 2 ranked modes
    one honor pvp and one with normal gear /both only lv 81
    and add lb rewards here aswell
    Mans suggesting more contents given for top geared or well experienced players with no benefits given for average or not well geared enough players. And hold on right there, why is EVG one your concerns?

Most of your suggestions are that only benefits you and fewer people than majority of the community that actually needs it.

I know you won't stop. But can you please stfu sometimes?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mythocrisis View Post
    Back to back events are something they are putting effort into, you can discredit them based on your single opinion that you don't like them.
    There's a equal or more people who like events.

The quality seems to have gone down is one thing I can agree with you on this entire post. Some really creative designs seems to be lost but I think they're making a comeback in this regard.

There is all the reason to farm endgame dungeons since the players CHOOSE to farm gold there, while you disregard their entire effort with YOUR sole opinion.

And your another claim without thought, There is the zodias eater gear that you can farm for hours on end to obtain which will close the gap. (It's still being worked on presumably).

You say you don't want back to back events (you said cannibalised from your vocabulary) and also complain about the shortened duration of events.
    No clue about that.

The game is better the way it is, it can surely be made better but, Not by your methodology of CONSTRUCTIVELY deconstructing everything they created based on opinions.
    It's not that I don't like events at all. I actually enjoy them very much and it isn't about discrediting any effort at all (quite the opposite actually). We have all of these events happening, but people haven't been enjoying them lately since they seemingly are being rushed out. I would prefer if effort was put towards 1 big event that is great rather than 3 mediocre ones. Yes you can farm gold in endgame dungeons, but there are often times when events can give gold at a similar or better rate, making endgame dungeons kind of obsolete. That is what I meant by events cannibalizing the game. Yes you can farm spirit gear, but I really don't see much purpose of investing in them when you can get mythic gear which is powerful right off the bat and cheap and easy to get. The feedback on 1 week events is more of a personal preference. I also never said that I dislike back to back events, just that too much focus is being emphasized on events. If events have to happen less frequently so that we get them in a much higher quality that is fine.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

https://youtu.be/pM_5S55jUzk

enjoy

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaziscate View Post
    It's not that I don't like events at all. I actually enjoy them very much and it isn't about discrediting any effort at all (quite the opposite actually). We have all of these events happening, but people haven't been enjoying them lately since they seemingly are being rushed out. I would prefer if effort was put towards 1 big event that is great rather than 3 mediocre ones. Yes you can farm gold in endgame dungeons, but there are often times when events can give gold at a similar or better rate, making endgame dungeons kind of obsolete. That is what I meant by events cannibalizing the game. Yes you can farm spirit gear, but I really don't see much purpose of investing in them when you can get mythic gear which is powerful right off the bat and cheap and easy to get. The feedback on 1 week events is more of a personal preference. I also never said that I dislike back to back events, just that too much focus is being emphasized on events. If events have to happen less frequently so that we get them in a much higher quality that is fine.
    There is hardly an event that gives more gold than endgame farming. And even so, if there is a good event that doesn't make the endgame farming obsolete since on endgame farming you are guaranteed a huge amount of gold just spending time on it. I'm sorry but are you even thinking?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Sunken is always active whether there is a good event or not. Parties are usually full in just a few seconds. The endgame is fine that is why it is very active and players are farming a huge chunk of gold everyday. It is more like most events are obsolete not the endgame content because it never rests.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Bruh , it is just common sense and human nature , no one likes doing the same repetitive dungeons again and again , continuous events are good for the game in almost every way.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

In my opinion, events and expansion are good the way they are. I do want to want to know what is the gist of this thread(didn't read the comments). Like whether you guys want to nerf expansion gold rates or the frequency of events or something else?

Sent from my M2010J19CI using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts

Everything roots back to gold farming.

Even if sts added crafting materials that drop from maps to craft Kraken gears, the majority would prefer still farm gold than gamble their time.

I propose reducing Elite Sunkens gold drops and adding another Mausoleum concept map - the randomness of the Labyrinth and Maus is appealing to play as every run is always different from the last, and for every map layout there is always a different set of strategy for the team to do, and as a result, people are more occupied, gratified, and yields more quality playing hours.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ilove_Poopoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

Constant events are tiresome. I have seen this in other games, back to back to back. They become wash,rinse,repeat.
    I would prefer a little downtime between. There use to be mini weekends and what are now the daily (2x xxx) were week long. I personally don’t like the length of Halloween/Winterfest, 2 weeks is the most for me. I lose interest after about 9 days. 3 weeks of resets was awful, especially since we didn’t get all the facts up front.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

The only event worth grinding was this winter Tarlok one. There was this dragon boss who kept saying, "You can't defeat a dragon." I didn't mind defeating that dragon again and again just because of that line.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

That last birthday event really felt half baked imo, not much of a celebration of a decade and more like your typical weekly event.
    Having to kill a dragon that had no texture or dangerous attacks for it to just drop slices of cake was funny at first but became sad and tedius really fast. and the items in the shop were ugly and so not special, the game has been running for 10 years and the best they can come up with is a gae gladiator set? :/

At the very least a week should be put in between events so the devs can give quality instead of rushed stuff that requires updates half in.
    *Sigh*
    -Skeletonmike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

People may say they want sts to take a week off here and there but if they did with zero event... The same amount of people will be displeased.

Look at it this way: Constant events are a great way to curb inflation. Core maps are really profitable if you put in time. Having people farm events no matter how bad, will reduce some gold coming into the economy.

Unless you want more people farming tons of gold, the market is deflated atm. Wait 4 weeks and consider it could be much worse than having more people farm end game core maps for weeks on end. I have farmed enough gold in the past 2 weeks to pay for half an arcane weapon, and that is brand new op wep, farming while watching tv. Invest in a constant.
    Last edited by PostNoob; 11-14-2022 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Edit:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

To all the people saying constant events are tiresome, boring, repetitive.
    Ask yourselves this question.. Who is it tiresome for?
    Will it be less boring if they let 2-3 week free without updates/events (just like before)?

Is it very non repetitive for you not playing new weekly back to back events rather than grinding the same gold loot map over and over again during extended downtime and no-event periods with no new content(like you're suggesting)?

I hate to be rude but this is what you get when someone has something /anything to complain about including weekly new content that's probably keeping the game afloat and getting whatever the daily players it does get along with monetised content to keep the payees happy.

This thread just feels like someone who doesn't like the game and wants it to die.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mythocrisis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

We did wait for an expansion with a lot of expectation for multiple years, but I (my opinion) wasn't satisfied with the content on its launch given the period it launched after.

So why wait more for a decently good content ,
    when u could have new ways to farm or play new /fresh mediocre content. (My opinion again)

If events give better gold than endgame dungeons, that's better for new players who don't have high tier builds. It does make endgame less active for rhe brief event period provided the event provides better returns for the time invested over the actual endgame content.

A mmo wasn't made for the high gold farm map alone, and just because it deters a few /many players away from that map for a couple of days (for better gains) will not make it cannibalising the game. A better adjunct would be a "break" from repetitive grinding and a happy place for new undergeared players.

And about the mythic gear / zodias eater. There are/were people who did farm for it. And with the trend of sudden buffing and nerfing gear, you never know how it's going to turn out, there was a phase when they were the most op gear in game was it not?(you can see in the ups and downs of the prices of pearls to prove this)

And there's aps, pve, etc whatever elements an mmo can offer which you ignored at your convenience.

I would suggest asking asking higher quality content by also seeking help from the community such as designs, content, event ideas etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    524 Posts

We did wait for an expansion with a lot of expectation for multiple years, but I (my opinion) wasn't satisfied with the content on its launch given the period it launched after.

So why wait more for a decently good content ,
    when u could have new ways to farm or play new /fresh mediocre content. (My opinion again)

If events give better gold than endgame dungeons, that's better for new players who don't have high tier builds. It does make endgame less active for rhe brief event period provided the event provides better returns for the time invested over the actual endgame content.

A mmo wasn't made for the high gold farm map alone, and just because it deters a few /many players away from that map for a couple of days (for better gains) will not make it cannibalising the game. A better adjunct would be a "break" from repetitive grinding and a happy place for new undergeared players.

And about the mythic gear / zodias eater. There are/were people who did farm for it. And with the trend of sudden buffing and nerfing gear, you never know how it's going to turn out, there was a phase when they were the most op gear in game was it not?(you can see in the ups and downs of the prices of pearls to prove this)

And there's aps, pve, etc whatever elements an mmo can offer which you ignored at your convenience.

I would suggest asking asking higher quality content by also seeking help from the community such as designs, content, event ideas etc.
    Best post here, says it all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts

To all the people saying constant events are tiresome, boring, repetitive.
    Ask yourselves this question.. Who is it tiresome for?
    Will it be less boring if they let 2-3 week free without updates/events (just like before)?

Is it very non repetitive for you not playing new weekly back to back events rather than grinding the same gold loot map over and over again during extended downtime and no-event periods with no new content(like you're suggesting)?

I hate to be rude but this is what you get when someone has something /anything to complain about including weekly new content that's probably keeping the game afloat and getting whatever the daily players it does get along with monetised content to keep the payees happy.

This thread just feels like someone who doesn't like the game and wants it to die.
    Gonna need a mop for all these facts you're spitting