Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: L115 Cap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Default L115 Cap

what a bummer on the set bonus . but the rest agreed .
    could maybe add an demonic effect for set?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Great write-up!

Responding to the OP specifically (and not the other posts in this thread yet...)

- Dragon Fangs
    These are definitely meant to be a steady slow grind. You will inevitably have max tokens. Between now and then I do plan to offer big batches of Dragon Fangs as rewards - but they will eventually lose all value. For now I would recommend that you do the daily quests and that you choose the 5 Dragon Fang reward instead of the Legendary Gold chest or the XP (which you'd obviously ignore if you are already capped). With this plan in mind I would be open to considering an additional Dragon Fang reward added to all of the Weekly quests - this should be rather easy to do in the short term.

- Demigod Vanities
    There are no 1H versions of these guys. I will consider making time in the schedule to add them at some point in the future... but since these collectibles are specific to Fast Cap 115 I am going to find it very hard to justify allocating the resources as time keeps on slippin' into the future ;-)

- Quest Slots
    Hard no here after lots of consideration. While building 115 we talked a lot about maintaining social friction in towne and the Quest Log limits (while patently annoying) are the perfect thing for this. If I were trying to grind with peak efficiency I would want to take as many quests as possible (like we allow in AL) so I understand the request. Unfortunately I've got experience in these matters that points me to 'hard no.' Apologies :-)

- DoT Stuff
    We should have a separate thead that dives deeply into the effects of new Rank 11 and Rank 12 skills so we can hammer out the balance issues outside of the other usability and content considerations for 115. I'll set this up as a forum post here in General and we can go to towne with observations and suggetsions.

- Quest Bug
    Fixed in the next update.

- L115 Gear
    These are not meant to have set bonuses. The stats are (in general) very high but the variance between Legendary, Elite and Mythical pieces is not extreme... on purpose. You're not meant to use only the Mythical stuff; Legendary and Elite item combinations are meant to be useful. Applying individual sets to these would break that design and give us a carbon copy of the last cap.

- % Buffs
    When the stat influences what happens during combat it won't show up here. For instance if it's adding a percentage to your damage, it's going to affect damage done; not potential damage (and thus it is not showing as a different number in your stats). I'll go over these again and see what can be done to make them more clear.

- Classic fire.
    I'll check into this. Sounds like we're doing that thing where we use a simple appearance at distance. This could be fixed with a change to your quality options in the short term? Not sure. Otherwise it's about getting into the appearance itself and making sure it doesn't have some sort of "low quality" version to which it switches at distance. I'll take a look ;-)

- Drop Rates.
    Yep. Low. The reasons for this are a.) even if you grind casually over the course of the next few months you will acquire everything, b.) vast majority of PL players running 115 are well-stocked with gold and can afford the odd piece here and there, and c.) these can remain desirable rewards for one or two future events so long as they remain rare.

Thanks for your feedback and I do hope you enjoy the Dragkin Terror!!

Best wishes!
    I'd definitely be 1 of the interested players if you took the time on designing the 1H vanity versions. Even if you made it so plat was needed for each of the items to make it 2h-->1h.

As someone else recommended above, Any chance of these weapon vanity's completing the dragkin vanity sets...?

"Never mess with a man that can end you, from a different zip code."-Sniper

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fwend View Post
    A very interesting thread indeed.

1#: Dragon Fang Buff

From a farmers point of view, I am thoroughly enjoying the challenge of crafting and the current drop rate of dragon fangs. It actually gives farmers something to aim towards.

By capping and completing the sets within a week really is pointless. It only benefits pvpers because in order to pvp they require the best gear quickly before others to gain a huge advantage mythic crafted sets have over elite 115 sets.

Once pvpers have their sets they won't farm anymore. How does increasing dragon fang drops promote any spending of platinum at all?

I like the idea of a paid platinum elixir that increases the amount of fangs one can loot.
    All due respect but the previous cap has taught us all that sets should not be so rare. Nobody in the PvE community had a issue selling sets at such a boosted inflated rate to fill their pockets. 250mil for a OPS set, 30mil for a Mythic Bow. Already a week into the cap we see items being listed for 100m at the minimum.

I do believe that we should wait a while to get a accurate estimate on the drop rates and how many sets exist, but if it's deemed too low then there should be change. Obviously there's a challenge and aim towards crafting/farming a set, but 99% of the time that set is then sold off to someone looking to purchase.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

y'all like pizza

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Great write-up!

Responding to the OP specifically (and not the other posts in this thread yet...)

- Dragon Fangs
    These are definitely meant to be a steady slow grind. You will inevitably have max tokens. Between now and then I do plan to offer big batches of Dragon Fangs as rewards - but they will eventually lose all value. For now I would recommend that you do the daily quests and that you choose the 5 Dragon Fang reward instead of the Legendary Gold chest or the XP (which you'd obviously ignore if you are already capped). With this plan in mind I would be open to considering an additional Dragon Fang reward added to all of the Weekly quests - this should be rather easy to do in the short term.

- Demigod Vanities
    There are no 1H versions of these guys. I will consider making time in the schedule to add them at some point in the future... but since these collectibles are specific to Fast Cap 115 I am going to find it very hard to justify allocating the resources as time keeps on slippin' into the future ;-)

- Quest Slots
    Hard no here after lots of consideration. While building 115 we talked a lot about maintaining social friction in towne and the Quest Log limits (while patently annoying) are the perfect thing for this. If I were trying to grind with peak efficiency I would want to take as many quests as possible (like we allow in AL) so I understand the request. Unfortunately I've got experience in these matters that points me to 'hard no.' Apologies :-)

- DoT Stuff
    We should have a separate thead that dives deeply into the effects of new Rank 11 and Rank 12 skills so we can hammer out the balance issues outside of the other usability and content considerations for 115. I'll set this up as a forum post here in General and we can go to towne with observations and suggetsions.

- Quest Bug
    Fixed in the next update.

- L115 Gear
    These are not meant to have set bonuses. The stats are (in general) very high but the variance between Legendary, Elite and Mythical pieces is not extreme... on purpose. You're not meant to use only the Mythical stuff; Legendary and Elite item combinations are meant to be useful. Applying individual sets to these would break that design and give us a carbon copy of the last cap.

- % Buffs
    When the stat influences what happens during combat it won't show up here. For instance if it's adding a percentage to your damage, it's going to affect damage done; not potential damage (and thus it is not showing as a different number in your stats). I'll go over these again and see what can be done to make them more clear.

- Classic fire.
    I'll check into this. Sounds like we're doing that thing where we use a simple appearance at distance. This could be fixed with a change to your quality options in the short term? Not sure. Otherwise it's about getting into the appearance itself and making sure it doesn't have some sort of "low quality" version to which it switches at distance. I'll take a look ;-)

- Drop Rates.
    Yep. Low. The reasons for this are a.) even if you grind casually over the course of the next few months you will acquire everything, b.) vast majority of PL players running 115 are well-stocked with gold and can afford the odd piece here and there, and c.) these can remain desirable rewards for one or two future events so long as they remain rare.

Thanks for your feedback and I do hope you enjoy the Dragkin Terror!!

Best wishes!

Please consider increasing the damage on 2h weapons— I’m still using a ebon mythic bow in a 115 cap because the mythic dragkin bow is so bad it’s worse than previous cap items. If you don’t want to have crafting options for some mythic weapons at 115 fine. We shouldn’t be using previous cap weapons to play the new cap that defeats the entire purpose of a cap. Please look into increasing 2h weapons and weapons in general that are worse than 110 mythics.

Same thing goes for the Volta dagger…. Why is a 105 weapon still viable— make the monsters dodge for non 115 weapons high so previous cap weapons won’t hit and can’t be used so we can start grinding weapons because they are useful at 115 now.

I don't know how to play video games casually. I'm either not interested at all or I play 16 hours and forget to eat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chaasivab View Post
    Please consider increasing the damage on 2h weapons— I’m still using a ebon mythic bow in a 115 cap because the mythic dragkin bow is so bad it’s worse than previous cap items. If you don’t want to have crafting options for some mythic weapons at 115 fine. We shouldn’t be using previous cap weapons to play the new cap that defeats the entire purpose of a cap. Please look into increasing 2h weapons and weapons in general that are worse than 110 mythics.

Same thing goes for the Volta dagger…. Why is a 105 weapon still viable— make the monsters dodge for non 115 weapons high so previous cap weapons won’t hit and can’t be used so we can start grinding weapons because they are useful at 115 now.
    Right I also don't understand why the 115 Bow has less dmg... the extra armor does nothing cause of armor cap.

Armor cap (2500) should be increased anyways because the new sets and skills all give you way over 2500 armor, while platonious still one shots me sometimes even at 20k+ health...

And I don't understand why there isn't a 115 dagger that is better than voltas? Like 0.4 atkspeed and 200% stacking dmg

And why are some weapons not craftable? It would be pretty simple, by giving them all the same procs (200% stacking dmg).