Thread: Battery eating client..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Battery eating client..

Okay sts..

I had an issue. I wrote to samsung and checked with the local service centre too and they all say its because of game client. If i start playinh on 100 % battery with charging connected. After 3 hrs of play i get low battery. I had tried powersaving enabled. Closed all unused apps. But battery keeps on draining while playing if its connected to raw power or not. I had been playing this on gingerbread and it was fine. But at ics 4.04 it seems to have this issue. Sometimes my phone gets switched off while its charging and playing pl.

Is this a client error.. Coz samsung says iys coz the client is using battery more than its required to charge. I am using the settings of pixel double chase camera and less battery save. Music off and sounds on.

Using a samsung gt-n7000 running on android ics 4.04. Non rooted.

Kindly give me an update on the same.
    Sent from my Galaxy Note.
    sl- donzai
    pl- pamnik
    dl- donzai,al- pamnik
    guess 45

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

26 views and no comment... Sad. ..

sl- donzai
    pl- pamnik
    dl- donzai,al- pamnik
    guess 45

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Could be that the 26 people who viewed, do not have a Galaxy Note and had nothing to comment ... ?

Anyway, on my Archos G9 A80 (ICS 4.0.3) I do not notice an excessive battery drain. But wi-fi and lots of moving graphics (CPU/GPU) do eat more power than the average app ... my tablet gets really warm on the back.
    I'll see if using pixel double and chase camera influences battery use.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

As i written.. I have confirmed it with samsung guys and hey say its not the fone.. And if i dnt play pl or sl the fone works fine... Beat that...

sl- donzai
    pl- pamnik
    dl- donzai,al- pamnik
    guess 45

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Turn your screen brightness down to the minimum you need to be able to see. That gigantic screen on the note is a battery hog, and the brighter it is, the more it will drain. Not to mention that the CPU and GPU are probably running full tilt to process all of those graphics and whatnot, it's quite conceivable that you're using more power that you're putting in.

You are using the charger that came with your device, correct? Sometimes, third party chargers charge at a slower rate than the OEM ones, also, Samsung can't tell you if there's an issue with your charger or port over the phone or via email. There could be an issue there, restricting your charge rate. If you are using the OEM charger, try another one, if you have a spare charger laying around that fits the note. Mrs. Deathpunch had issues with her charger for her gs2, the heat overload in the charger itself kept tripping, and we would have to put it in the freezer for a bit to reset it. Had to buy a new charger.

Upshot of all of this is I've never been particularly impressed with build quality on Samsung Mobile equipment, and I've had issues with multiple devices of theirs in the past.

-----
    Sent from my Nexus 7
    Last edited by Deathpunch; 08-17-2012 at 06:31 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Thanks all for their helpfull posts however i must say that i have told you earlier before tht if i dnt use game clients and play other games or use other apps device perform nicely. There r plenty of games which i play like order and chaos, tibiame etc. They dnt have sucj issue. Just when i play pl or sl gives me this error. And to be more specific i am using default charger and if i dnt play sts games my battery drains in abt 9 to 10 hrs of non stop game play. Wit sts games its just 3 hrs max. Plus battery dnt drain at all if i play on charge, but in case of sts games charging have no effect over draining battery. I have tested all aspects and then decided to write to sts.

Thanks for your suggestions but thays not helping me much. Oh ya 1 more thing. If i put my client on battery saving more.. The drainage seems to be less but it makes the graphics go so much disturbed...

sl- donzai
    pl- pamnik
    dl- donzai,al- pamnik
    guess 45

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by donzai:748811
    Okay sts..

I had an issue. I wrote to samsung and checked with the local service centre too and they all say its because of game client. If i start playinh on 100 % battery with charging connected. After 3 hrs of play i get low battery. I had tried powersaving enabled. Closed all unused apps. But battery keeps on draining while playing if its connected to raw power or not. I had been playing this on gingerbread and it was fine. But at ics 4.04 it seems to have this issue. Sometimes my phone gets switched off while its charging and playing pl.

Is this a client error.. Coz samsung says iys coz the client is using battery more than its required to charge. I am using the settings of pixel double chase camera and less battery save. Music off and sounds on.

Using a samsung gt-n7000 running on android ics 4.04. Non rooted.

Kindly give me an update on the same.

3 hours of play is pretty good. The cause is simple: big, bright screen, loud sound and WiFi are all huge battery drains. Turn your screen brightness down (if you can) and lower the volume, this will.help.
    Growwle - My guess is 1050

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Sorry if my post was redundant, I just saw that Deathpunch said the same thing. Bottom line is that smartphones are not made to be used with all the features turned on for long periods of time. Usually when a cellphone manufacturer advertises battery life, they are only referring to talk time.
    Growwle - My guess is 1050

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

I have a Samsung Nexus, not a Note but same OS, and I do not have this issue. As mentioned before, my battery will get warm after HOURS of playing, but that is currently the only system issues I have.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I respect your views guys...

All i want to say is why it happens when i play sts games.. As we all know if we are playing that games like order and chaos uses much data but they also give me 6 to 7 hrs of non stop play.. Why not sts.. The screen size is same.. Battery is same.. Brightness is same.. Internet connection is same.. And also i can play other games while my phone is connected to raw power but in case of sts it doesnt matter if your phone is charging or not.. Batt. Will keep on draining...

Hope u got the point now..

sl- donzai
    pl- pamnik
    dl- donzai,al- pamnik
    guess 45