Thread: heal potions too weak

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Default heal potions too weak

One problem I've noticed is that the heal potions are not powerful enough for high level play. They have not kept up with the massive amount of damage players are expected to withstand at endgame levels. It is not unusual for a player to be fighting one of the godlike Humania yetis and be unable to heal as fast as its aoe blasts them down, even spamming potions continuously. The problem is that you can only use one potion per second (or so), so you can pound the button non-stop and still lose the damage race with the all-powerful one-shot machines that currently populate the endgame levels.

One way to fix it would be to remove the delay, allowing players to use potions as fast as they can push the button. A better solution though would be to raise the strength of the potions proportionally to the player's level. This would mean potions would also have to go up in price at higher levels, but that would be easy to justify since players wouldn't have to use as many to stay alive.

This is a necessary change as long as you guys continue down the path of inserting insane aoe damage outputting mobs in the game. There's nothing more depressing than knowing the team-wiping shot is coming, pounding the heal potions for all you're worth and still going down. There's literally nothing else you can do and you still lose. That's dumb. Give us strong enough potions so that players who learn when to brace for the death strike at least have a chance of surviving it. Or you could, you know, design monsters that aren't unstoppable one-shot machines, but that's crazy talk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

use 100 potions to heal half your hp in 1 second

seems legit
    yea, yea, yea

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hadesofshadow For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I think when you get closer to end game, they expect you to actually play with a 'team' and to play your class properly (a bear tanks, a mage heals/nukes, a bird does all around damage). This should avoid you from really having to use any pots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

I know in humania, me, hank, random mage guy and say another bird, I MIGHT use 10 pots.

Sig made by Arexos! Buying Phantom Bow set pm meh!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Fuse is a bear, and he does tank. He's one of the bears that knows how to control mobs. :-) I run a Mage and I subscribe to the "if the tank dies so does the rest of the party" theory so I try to keep my bears healthy. sometimes no matter what you do the damage just comes so fast & hard that even a skilled bear can't heal, get healed or spam pots fast enough.

Yes parties should cooperate, but u don't always get players that know how to run their toons. Example: last night Fuse & I were in the new forgotten map, and we had a bird that didn't have enough points in break armor" to actually break the armor on the boss. I was working my skills hard, but I couldn't keep Fuse alive. You don't always get what is needed in a pug.

And before someone says only run with friends or guild, thats an option, but half the fun of playing a mmo is meeting new people. You have to take the bad with the good, and hopefully that birdie learned something & will put some points in Break Armor.

In my opinion one of 2 things needs to be done, like Fuse said, either increase the effectiveness of heal pots, or increase the armor on the bears. They are expected to go in and take the damage they can't do that if they are getting one shotted by What are supposed to be low and mid level mobs. In my opinion a mob or boss should have more than one attack skill and a lower chance of actually being able to to use its high damage skill. But then I come from a table top rpg background. So I'm not sure what can be done with the programming in a mobile mmo.
    IGN - LyrrLynn. Guild Master of Xplicit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

I guess I'm not the only one who has more problems with the Yeti's than the bosses in Humania.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Personally i think the potions are fine. Its not like you get loads more hp as you lvl up. You still have around the same amount of hp. Dex birds have 500-ish hp all the way from lvl 1 to cap, bears gain some more due to str, and mages only gain a little bit but are still close enough to 400.

True that the humania mobs deal a hell of a lot of damage, thats the main reason that im not really a fan of humania, the balance between damage and hp on the mobs just feels too awkward, as if its like another game. But as we know, from Sewers on, playing in a good team is almost essential. If you get into a dangerous situation, do use your pots and rely on mages to heal up. But if people start dieing, you cant really blame the game, because you all put yourselves in that high danger

I think part of the problem is due to the lack of armour that bears get in recent campaigns and events, when thin cloth gets about the same amount of protection as heavy steel plates, then there is something wrong. I think bears find it hard to tank sometimes because they lack some armour.

Potions still heal about the same at lvl 1 as they do at lvl 70/71, at high lvls they're more used as quick heals between mob groups. Its the mages healing that you should rely on while fighting mob groups. I rarely use my pots now, i only use mana pots if my shield took a lot of damage, and i use my hp pots if a boss hits a lot on me or if i start taking damage quickly and unexpectedly. And with a bear i dont use mana pots at all, and i use my hp pots if a lot of mobs or a boss is attacking me. After lvl 55, i can survive with the 25 potion limit on both bear and mage, unless im repeatedly running a difficult boss, i gradually use up hp pots.

Just practise balancing how much damage you are willing to take and make sure you have a reliable group with you

The Official Yawn Train, created and owned by me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

I'm a little surprised by the comments that are basically "learn to play better". I get teamwork and all that, but there's a fundamental difference in Humania. The thing that makes those yetis so hard is their one damage skill, which happens to be aoe damage. In other words, there's no way to "tank" that damage off onto one player...everyone in range has to absorb the titanic hit. I'm actually the least susceptible, playing a bear with a lot of defense and health to work with. But there's very little I can do to protect the team against aoe bombs. Pure dex birds are toast more often than not, but at least they'd have a little more chance if they could health pot back up in those cases where they survive the first blow.

Really the point of this thread is to make a little noise about the latest strategy STS has deployed. They've become obsessed with one-shot mobs as the new way to create "challenge" at endgame. But I personally don't find it any fun. If you're always one swing from death, regardless of your health level, and there's not really anything you can do about it, it takes the fun out of the game. I don't know why anyone would play Humanina with a pure dex bird, to be honest, at least if not running a thrasher elixir. Upping health potion effectiveness wouldn't fix the whole problem, but at least it would make a system that's on par with the brave new direction the game has taken with its mobs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Ah ha, now I get it. You were referring to archers instead of yourself. Yeah, i agree. Archers should be able to spam pots as fast as they can hit the button.

Theoretically, leather armor should be better than cloth, and plate armor should be better than leather. Each classes armor should go up enough for them to do the job that they were designed to do. However in the PL world it's not like that. My armor, when buffed is 303. I've seen level 70 birds with less armor than that. :-(.

I hope that in the future, devs will address this armor discrepancy & possibly add some interesting twists to mobs & boss fights.
    IGN - LyrrLynn. Guild Master of Xplicit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

i done even use potions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Livemau View Post
    i done even use potions
    How is that even relevant to the topic besides self-pride?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    How is that even relevant to the topic besides self-pride?
    its relevant because of self-pride does that answer your question Mr. Bottoms-Up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I think they should improve the health potions...the enemies do insane damage in the higher campaigns especially if you don't have elixirs. They should actually increase health amounts in all characters to absorb that damage better. Those Humania Yetis rush you I swear & if your not ready your dead. It's like theyre trying to sack the QB lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Maybe just MOAR armor, bird have like 150 armor, I have int set on (bird by the way) I get 230 armor or so birds should have around 180 armor I dunno
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

This explains alot, just reached humania with my first toon. Full str bear and wonderd why everyone kept dieing. Also explains why i cannot find any games with dudes doing quests. For a really lively game it went to boretown real quick after mountain fang.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

yeti 1 hit kills mage
    PL:Xxkoopyxx~Xpertfarmer~Avianftw~Ithepvptwink~ Expertfarmer~Gratuity~Theaviantwink~Bearocalypsed~ Tehmagetwink~Tehbeartwink~Koopymerch+more AL:Thepvptwink~Xxkoopyxx~Ithepvptwink SL: Thepvptwink DL: Thepvptwink

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    I think when you get closer to end game, they expect you to actually play with a 'team' and to play your class properly (a bear tanks, a mage heals/nukes, a bird does all around damage). This should avoid you from really having to use any pots.
    not when a yeti does a 720 dmg crit on a bear.. endgame = elixirs now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Probably they can add different types of potions for different levels.
    MAINS: L56 Ursan xkiilzx, L55 Avian Unxtoxic, L55 Spellcaster Nonxtoxic, L10 Avian Merchant Toxicmerchant