Thread: might be blind or stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default might be blind or stupid

hi i might just missted it but ive been trying to find every were some information about the loot system i Star Legends but can find it at all. ex witch boss dropps what items and whats the % of it to drop.
    I mean they sell reroll elexir for IRL cash so it has to be some info at least for them. i know that they just give you an extra chanse to get a better item but say the loot system is on some wepon an amount a week. "just a senario and iknow its not like it but for you to understand what i mean" then the elexir are like flash you cash down the toilet if you buy the elexir only for bigger chanse on that it item and the weekly amount drop has already happend.

nah just buggs me that i cant find any thing at all about the loot system in this game yet you can pay irl cash to improve you chanses that can be all from 0 to 0 "not saying that this is the case but still"

i think im just blind becouse i have not found it so pls help me any with info on the subject

P.S sry for the english but im a swedish dude that have been up way to long hope you all at least can read it.
    Last edited by Delphina; 08-17-2012 at 05:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

The loot/drop/roll system is tightly guarded information. There are guides that have been made and info on where to find vanities or legendaries.
    Vanity info can be found by searching forum with the word vanity, you can search by the vanity name and find som specific info of where it drops
    For legendaries, you can search with the words legendary or pink on this forum also. And you can search by the name of the item.

As far as the re roll enhancers, there is the 25% and the 100% miners. Miners will reroll 100% of the time to the next color loot, if that option is available on that map.
    You could try searching this forum with the words loot, drop, reroll to get some info.

Vanities can't be rerolled. It would suggest they are on a seperate loot table from the others, possibly needing to hit a certain roll to bring out the vanity table, or possibly a vanity needs to be generated to the map when it gets populated with loot in order to have a shot. I am unsure of this mechanic.

No as far as the drop system. I don't know much. I was told to imagine dice, but with many many sides, the numbers are for the loot and what rolls is what you get.
    A reroll at 25% , aproximately 1 out of 4 drops will get a reroll to a higher colored loot, IF it is available on that map to happen, an example is you won't be able to reroll a green from redsun to a purple, because purple is not on that map.
    A 100% miners luck reroll will reroll every drop, but same thing. It WON'T reroll if a color up is not available.

I hope this helped some, nobody knows how the STS loot system and the rolls work except them, and they are guarding it like a fat kid does cake!

KillaSkillz- my guess 8312

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Ok heres the secret:
    You have a bag and in that bag you have 10 white skittles 10 orange skittles 6 green skittles 2 purple skittles 1 pink skittle and a broke half of a blue one. Now reach in that bag without looking and grab 1 skittle. Thats about it. (This logic is from Carapace)

As you can see you dont need to be a mathematical genius, just pray the good skittles are at the top!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Zero* For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

That's the thing about vanities you don't really know if an update somehow screwed it up. Just like DL where the boss was suppose to spawn nobody found it. I'm not saying this has ever happened in SL, its just a slight uncertainty as vanity drop rates are extremely low (not including pets and classic vanities). It would be nice to know the drop information, but I am going to guess the drop rates are similar to PL (if i had to base it off something).
    Last edited by Justg; 08-17-2012 at 08:35 AM.

Dark Legends: Fear- Level 31
    Star Legends: Decay- Level 46 Operative
    Pocket Legends: Prestige- Level 53 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Vanities are generated (or not) as soon as first toon enters a map. If it is generated - it drops anyway (though it depends to whom it wil drop.... still only natural luck affects this)

Elixirs work just as Killa described - either one of every 4 drops are rerolled or each one

The important part of information that was not mentioned yet is that not only maps may not have higher quality (rarity) items but ALSO some mobs may not have those rarest (pink) items..

For example, only bosses (in ShipYard and Hive) have probability of dropping pink - so if you are lucky enough to get purple from them naturally (and this is rare enough as it is) and have a reroll - then you will get a pink... All other mobs will give you purple AT BEST

So there's a hint to economical farming: you complete map with yo friends with one toon (without reroll elix) and when you close to boss - you rejoin with another toon (with luck elix) - thus you save up the time elix is running..

I hope this will help ya, mate! Best luck and see ya in game maybe))
    Last edited by Justg; 08-17-2012 at 08:35 AM.
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flashbackflip View Post
    Vanities are generated (or not) as soon as first toon enters a map. If it is generated - it drops anyway (though it depends to whom it wil drop.... still only natural luck affects this)

Elixirs work just as Killa described - either one of every 4 drops are rerolled or each one

The important part of information that was not mentioned yet is that not only maps may not have higher quality (rarity) items but ALSO some mobs may not have those rarest (pink) items..

For example, only bosses (in ShipYard and Hive) have probability of dropping pink - so if you are lucky enough to get purple from them naturally (and this is rare enough as it is) and have a reroll - then you will get a pink... All other mobs will give you purple AT BEST

So there's a hint to economical farming: you complete map with yo friends with one toon (without reroll elix) and when you close to boss - you rejoin with another toon (with luck elix) - thus you save up the time elix is running..

I hope this will help ya, mate! Best luck and see ya in game maybe))
    Unfortunately, you have to leave mid game now or the game locks everyone out. But I think they are fixing this in the next update .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Off topic:
    You missed the second use of the R word in the 2nd to last sentence. It is considered an offensive English word. I only find it offensive if used against the mentally challenged, otherwise I don't care, but that's me. I know plenty of R word people that qualify as non handicapped.

On topic:
    Flash is right, I forgot about the fact that there is a map loot table and a boss loot table. This complicates my vanity drop thoughts even more since a vanity can come from a boss or mob or chest, and then also a couple different loot table used for the same instances.

I gotta wonder about this:
    "Vanities are generated (or not) as soon as first toon enters a map. If it is generated - it drops anyway (though it depends to whom it wil drop.... still only natural luck affects this)"

I wonder if this means running in a full group or solo, whether it generates loot for 5 or it generates only for one, and if for 5, then it reduces the chances of a vanity drop when solo since loot gets left behind uncollected. If it drops anyways no matter what if generated to the map, then it benefits to run solo. Hard for me to say,,,,

Like the classic vanities, they can only drop from Level 5 map bosses, and they seem to happen more often than the world drop vanities. I think those may be a constant in the loot table for the level 5 map bosses, but maybe only a few numbers on a roll can bring it out. I haven't come close to figuring out the world drop vanities, it's like they aren't even there, until it happens and it pops up from some random thing you have done a million times with junk results, like shooting a numa prime dog. I get a feeling like they randomly generate to the loot table once in a blue moon. From my extensive search for xrays and squidbuddy! in Numa Prime, it just doesn't feel like it is always in the loot table. I have seen thousands and thousands of rolls, and only a handful of vanity drops from there, and only two dropped to me running that maps daily for,,, must be almost a year now. Grrr I want a Squidbuddy!

Although it doesn't feel like it is always there in the loot table, they may be. Like xray, mechanical man, and squidbuddy! are always in the loot table but there is a less than 0.001% chance of it dropping and you just need that one lucky roll (right place,right time), I don't know. It would make a great episode of Unsolved Mysteries.

Ok, so. Nobody really knows but there is a lot of information from a lot of people on this forum, and a lot that can be gathered from your own experiences. Anything in the loot table is possible to drop to you without the luck enhancers, the enhancers just improve the chances. World vanities are really rare to happen, Pinks (legendary) are rare also but not as bad and are probably about the same as the level 5 boss classic vanities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KillaSkillz View Post
    Off topic:
    You missed the second use of the R word in the 2nd to last sentence. It is considered an offensive English word. I only find it offensive if used against the mentally challenged, otherwise I don't care, but that's me. I know plenty of R word people that qualify as non handicapped.

On topic:
    Flash is right, I forgot about the fact that there is a map loot table and a boss loot table. This complicates my vanity drop thoughts even more since a vanity can come from a boss or mob or chest, and then also a couple different loot table used for the same instances.

I gotta wonder about this:
    "Vanities are generated (or not) as soon as first toon enters a map. If it is generated - it drops anyway (though it depends to whom it wil drop.... still only natural luck affects this)"

I wonder if this means running in a full group or solo, whether it generates loot for 5 or it generates only for one, and if for 5, then it reduces the chances of a vanity drop when solo since loot gets left behind uncollected. If it drops anyways no matter what if generated to the map, then it benefits to run solo. Hard for me to say,,,,

Like the classic vanities, they can only drop from Level 5 map bosses, and they seem to happen more often than the world drop vanities. I think those may be a constant in the loot table for the level 5 map bosses, but maybe only a few numbers on a roll can bring it out. I haven't come close to figuring out the world drop vanities, it's like they aren't even there, until it happens and it pops up from some random thing you have done a million times with junk results, like shooting a numa prime dog. I get a feeling like they randomly generate to the loot table once in a blue moon. From my extensive search for xrays and squidbuddy! in Numa Prime, it just doesn't feel like it is always in the loot table. I have seen thousands and thousands of rolls, and only a handful of vanity drops from there, and only two dropped to me running that maps daily for,,, must be almost a year now. Grrr I want a Squidbuddy!

Although it doesn't feel like it is always there in the loot table, they may be. Like xray, mechanical man, and squidbuddy! are always in the loot table but there is a less than 0.001% chance of it dropping and you just need that one lucky roll (right place,right time), I don't know. It would make a great episode of Unsolved Mysteries.

Ok, so. Nobody really knows but there is a lot of information from a lot of people on this forum, and a lot that can be gathered from your own experiences. Anything in the loot table is possible to drop to you without the luck enhancers, the enhancers just improve the chances. World vanities are really rare to happen, Pinks (legendary) are rare also but not as bad and are probably about the same as the level 5 boss classic vanities.
    Well as always you have to keep in my mind that bosses and chests are guaranteed drops. Therefore, they have a higher chance of dropping a vanity than any regular mob. Mobs either drop or don't drop, but in the case they do drop it would be a 2nd roll to test for that. I would think that drops work much like a dice if this number than that result. Dont think it's pre-determined. But you could make the case that programs are never truly random. Just like a calculator random number generator is not really random. It's pre-set by the program.

Btw, Justg deleted the post because its off topic I think we should stop debating it. There is really only one definition look it up on dictionary.com, people just use it in a wrong manner. We shouldn't be talking about it here.
    Last edited by Prestige; 08-17-2012 at 10:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    267 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by *Zero* View Post
    Ok heres the secret:
    You have a bag and in that bag you have 10 white skittles 10 orange skittles 6 green skittles 2 purple skittles 1 pink skittle and a broke half of a blue one. Now reach in that bag without looking and grab 1 skittle. Thats about it. (This logic is from Carapace)

As you can see you dont need to be a mathematical genius, just pray the good skittles are at the top!
    Simplest and best answer anyone could give even a 5 year old could understand that.

AL: Generalzod

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Commanderkeen View Post
    Simplest and best answer anyone could give even a 5 year old could understand that.
    Hell, if I was 5 I would just take them all out of the bag and have them all.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Prestige For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

The half broken piece of skittle would be the easiest to identify and pick out

But this explanation suggests that vanities are always in the loot table, Just very small chance with a lot of other stuff that is more likely to get picked first to drop.
    Then there is the question of how big this bag of skittles is. Is it fun size? Or is it the world record bag that weighed 85 pounds?

Ummmmmmmm skittles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Then there is always a chance that this bag of skittles has a hole in it and some of the drops fell out of this bag. Okay...I'm taking this too far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

just like i thot someone could guess my main when i told them it was a yellow fruit and i gave them Mrbana**z lol