Thread: Ugly but Expensive

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default Ugly but Expensive

Hi guys, I just want to see your opinion about "Ugly Vanity, but very expensive" and "Very Good Vanity, but very cheap (dropped). I wonder why this could happen huh? Let's take an example is vanity in the Harvest 2022 event, it's like the Soul Harvester Set. Why can the price drop? Does STS really make vanities easy to loot in chests? And if you look at it, so far looting good vanities from chests is getting easier. Is vanity like that? Is the price really stuck at that low price? Or can it actually go up years later? Then for ugly vanities like the Bathax Hood and Architect Set, why are they so expensive? Is it just because under the guise of "rare" people get whatever they want? making the price very expensive? Even if you look at it it looks very ugly.

Does that mean "No more" vanities that will be very expensive (from chests) like Infernal, Marvel Weapon, Nature Weapon?

That's all, thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

All depends on rarity and demand. Take for example the Bugface vanities, SUPER ugly idk why anyone would ever buy those, but they're very rare and expensive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

bathax is not ugly only architect is ugly

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mwmbgs For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

The full soul harvester set is quite expensive, mainly due to the wings and aura. But you are looking at prices right now, and the event that allowed players to gain access to it is just coming to an end. If they don't do any recolors of it in the future, watch how prices would rocket up, considering that these "floating, no feet" vanities like the mummy guard set seem to be liked by a lot of players. As for the Bathax set, few years ago it was around 8m a set, now it is like 50m+. Architect looks weird though ngl.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

You made yourself a salad of questions and vanities.
    To begin with, as mentioned, it depends mainly on supply and demand.
    Then you mix new vanities with old ones, locked vanities with limited sale vanities, etc.

Soul Harvest: is the most recent vanity in locked. The only way to get them was in store lockeds, because the craft ones were tied to the locked zodias, which practically don't drop anywhere.
    Also a few days ago, they increased the number of locks available to open from 200 every 2 hours to 400 every 1 hour.
    In conclusion, they were not opening enough lockeds, for the price to fall.

Bathax: It was always a really cheap vanity, I don't remember exactly where or how it came out but it's been in the game for over 7 years.
    In conclusion, it is still cheaper than it should be. But it's not cute enough for people to fight over it.

Architect: recently launched at the Forgotten vanitys event. Exclusively in limited quantities in store. Not many were sold because it's pretty ugly.
    In conclusion, its price may be due to its rarity.

Infernal: Was released at an Ursoth event about 3 years ago. They dropped from Lockeds. But they weren't very popular locked due to their content and low drop rate.
    In conclusion, it was always a rare vanity, but it is quite nice, with a high demand, which makes its price rise quickly.

Marvel weapon: they came out in a locked from the first marvel event with a map, in 2018. They weren't very popular locked either, because you could buy bound versions of the vanitys for easily farmable tokens.
    In conclusion, there are few quantities of these tradable vanities, and they are very nice and in demand.

Nature: They came out in Ursoth in 2018. They had a good drop on locked and their price was around 2m. They were nice weapons but not very popular. Its price may be due to its age.

Anyway, there may be several factors that influence the price of the items, inflation is also something else, now a person can easily obtain 10m or more, in a short time and the first thing they do is buy and stack vanities.
    Also, Sts is not necessarily going to influence the price, regardless of the price, if people don't farm it, buy it or open lockeds, that vanity will end up being rare and in the long run an object of manipulation.
    A clear example is the Auras. They always put the same quantities at the same prices, but sometimes few are sold, for different reasons, and after a month they end up being inflated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

I cant be the only one thinking bathax is among the best warrior vanities since nowadays STS only makes 1 theme of vanities which is borderline cyberpunk futu-tech styled vanities, and if its not this its modern. I miss when vanities looked like Cinder, Bathax and Ash & Jord only to name a few.. even better is that these were token vanities and didnt require succumbing to a paywall (ignoring auction)
    I wish the devs would indulge more in the the mythical and mystical side and less into the tie
    & suits so i look like im at work even in a Fantasy MMO-RPG
    That being said i think the quality of vanities has gone up tremendously since i came back from a year break a month ago, but i would still like to see them go back to their roots and pump out some actual crazy looking vanities like we used to get on the regular, if it was possible in 2015 then it should be possible in 2022 nearly 23

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Spooked For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Lemme guess, you have a should set? 😂