Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38

Thread: Economy and the Economic's of the lie

  1. #1
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    250
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    130
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    40
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

    Default Economy and the Economic's of the lie

    people speak about economy in this game like they understand the concept of it " Economy and inflation" are terms that get thrown around to make people sound Smart.
    " making people sound smart in game".

    This game doesn't have the mechanics to have stable economy. That is a fact. " We need a gold sink"? You guys have no idea what you're talking about. I was even fooled by this for a long time.

    The player base doesn't even have the attention span to read through what I write about concepts. but you think you know about economy? You don't even know how to decipher the games concepts.

    The only reason why a player sells a item in this game is because they feel the " need to". Arcane legends has nothing creative to make or chase in game.

    We chase gold to buy items and the only creative thing we have to do is housing.

    The game needs to be designed with economy in mind at the bench in development. This game wasn't and that is a fact. It was designed to do something else.



    Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Potofgreed; 12-06-2022 at 02:41 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Spooked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Probably not where you are
    Posts
    1,501
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    122
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    462
    Thanked in
    277 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for your wisdom Prophet of the Economics. While you’re at it could you look at venezuela’s economy?

    Just wanted to add: “the game’s concept”?
    Call me out of line for asking a question to the great intergalactic gigabrain but could you elaborate on this?
    I see alot of expensive words scattered around your post but its all so empty when all you say is your third eye is open and everyone else is an ignorant bystander spouting nonsense.
    2013-2021 Painting
    2022-2023 Ineedagothgf

  3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spooked For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    746
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    28
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    57
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

    Default

    what makes spewing "economy" makes someone smart? It is very basic tbh. More gold means more purchasing power = the prices will be pushed because the demands will be high.

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pfizer For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    190
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    16
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    21
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

    Default

    Touch some grass

    Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

  7. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,082
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    436
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    203
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

    Default

    Maybe this will help you, quite simple.
    (according to the dictionary)

    Inflation:
    Economic process caused by the existing imbalance between production and demand; it causes a continuous rise in the prices of most of the products and services, and a loss of the value of money to be able to acquire or use them.

    Hyperinflation:
    Very fast and continuous rise in the price level, which causes people not to retain money, due to its constant loss of value, and prefers to keep the merchandise.

  8. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    897
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    109
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

    Default

    Originally it wa sdesigned to kill the boss in the tower of mardom. That was the mission. When ppl now think they need to own every pricy item that’s there own business.


    Gesendet von iPhone 13 mit Tapatalk

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Oawaoebi For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    Senior Member Lawpvp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,001
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    59
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    251
    Thanked in
    132 Posts

    Default

    i have a degree in economics....so yah some people do know what they're talking about lmao

  11. #8
    Blogger
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Ok'Tal Prisonㅤ Youtube:ㅤㅤ Gaming Apostle JㅤGuild:ㅤ <Apostle>
    Posts
    1,192
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    334
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    95
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

    Default

    idk gold man i havent slept in about 40 hours idk but looting items is cool

    AL loot game weak right now i understand bro

    bit.ly/ArcaneLegendsDiscord Made By Deadly, & STS Devs Are Here.. | BE SKEPTICAL BEFORE
    bit.ly/IMM0YouTube My YT - Arcane Legends Guides, And Stuff. | CLICKING LINKS!!

  12. #9
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    250
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    130
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    40
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post
    i have a degree in economics....so yah some people do know what they're talking about lmao
    So this degree means you understand the issues with the game?

    Enlighten me then please? Because I want to learn exactly what is missing and why the game is the way it is.

    I'm just making assumptions that the game doesn't have mechanics to support controlling the prices of items that players own?. What does inflation have to do with this? Enlighten me because you must know?

    Example
    If 10 Medusa sets existed in the game it's worth what the group of players or player sells them for. someone rich irl could easily drop 1 million dollars in the game to get it if they wanted. This is a example of the most extreme case imaginable.

    YOU and no one in the game controls the price of a item you don't own.

    So what exactly was the game designed around?

    Example
    Junk loot is meant to fill your inventory slots.
    Not a big deal now but back in 2013 these were your options.

    1. Spend real cash
    2. do dailies. But dailies took for ever back then.
    3. Do plat offers
    4. Plat farm

    Apply more or less the same concept to locks.

    1. spend real cash
    2. Do plat offers
    3. Plat farm

    Apply to anything that has come and gone from 2013 to around 2017. Keep in mind when all those plat offers vanished the game started to change.

    So you're going to sit there and tell me this wasn't by design? " It wasn't intended it sorta happened by accident" really? FOR REAL? BY ACCIDENT? then why wasn't it removed ?

    So to end this off
    If it was more about the economy then the games mechanics would have been designed differently.



    Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Potofgreed; 12-06-2022 at 03:31 PM.

  13. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Posts
    46
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Potofgreed View Post
    So this degree means you understand the issues with the game?

    Enlighten me then please? Because I want to learn exactly what is missing and why the game is the way it is.

    I'm just making assumptions that the game doesn't have mechanics to support controlling the prices of items that players own?. What does inflation have to do with this? Enlighten me because you must know?

    Example
    If 10 Medusa sets existed in the game it's worth what the group of players or player sells them for. someone rich irl could easily drop 1 million dollars in the game to get it if they wanted. This is a example of the most extreme case imaginable.

    YOU and no one in the game controls the price of a item you don't own.

    So what exactly was the game designed around?

    Example
    Junk loot is meant to fill your inventory slots.
    Not a big deal now but back in 2013 these were your options.

    1. Spend real cash
    2. do dailies. But dailies took for ever back then.
    3. Do plat offers
    4. Plat farm

    Apply more or less the same concept to locks.

    1. spend real cash
    2. Do plat offers
    3. Plat farm

    Apply to anything that has come and gone from 2013 to around 2017. Keep in mind when all those plat offers vanished the game started to change.

    So you're going to sit there and tell me this wasn't by design? " It wasn't intended it sorta happened by accident" really? FOR REAL? BY ACCIDENT? then why hasn't it been removed ?

    So to end this off
    If it was more about the economy then the games mechanics would have been designed differently.

    Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
    for sure this guy don't even understand what he is saying. Your english are too hard to follow lot of wrong grammars and improper construction of sentence and cherry on top the moot that are baseless and futile. I read "plat farm" please close this thread @devs.

  14. #11
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    250
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    130
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    40
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by santaria View Post
    for sure this guy don't even understand what he is saying. Your english are too hard to follow lot of wrong grammars and improper construction of sentence and cherry on top the moot that are baseless and futile. I read "plat farm" please close this thread @devs.
    yES PlEaSe cl0se T,h,I,s G.uY M*a#kes 0 Se.nse

    Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

  15. #12
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    250
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    130
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    40
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post
    i have a degree in economics....so yah some people do know what they're talking about lmao
    For the record I said that wrong.

    I meant to say people in the game throw those terms around like they actually know.

    But since you know enlighten me please?



    Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

  16. #13
    Junior Member Daogole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Banned
    Posts
    41
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    12
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

    Default

    Interesting thread. My takeaway is that the only relation to real life finances is that you are kind of screwed in game if you I have 0 gold because you can't afford potions, so you can't go and fight to make more gold. In real life, you need an emergency fund. By the time you spend an hour trying to play a game, it is like wow, I could have been working in real life, so the benefit that you might have otherwise had cancels itself out.
    Last edited by Daogole; 12-06-2022 at 10:04 PM.

  17. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,082
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    436
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    203
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Potofgreed View Post
    So this degree means you understand the issues with the game?

    Enlighten me then please? Because I want to learn exactly what is missing and why the game is the way it is.

    I'm just making assumptions that the game doesn't have mechanics to support controlling the prices of items that players own?. What does inflation have to do with this? Enlighten me because you must know?

    Example
    If 10 Medusa sets existed in the game it's worth what the group of players or player sells them for. someone rich irl could easily drop 1 million dollars in the game to get it if they wanted. This is a example of the most extreme case imaginable.

    YOU and no one in the game controls the price of a item you don't own.

    So what exactly was the game designed around?

    Example
    Junk loot is meant to fill your inventory slots.
    Not a big deal now but back in 2013 these were your options.

    1. Spend real cash
    2. do dailies. But dailies took for ever back then.
    3. Do plat offers
    4. Plat farm

    Apply more or less the same concept to locks.

    1. spend real cash
    2. Do plat offers
    3. Plat farm

    Apply to anything that has come and gone from 2013 to around 2017. Keep in mind when all those plat offers vanished the game started to change.

    So you're going to sit there and tell me this wasn't by design? " It wasn't intended it sorta happened by accident" really? FOR REAL? BY ACCIDENT? then why wasn't it removed ?

    So to end this off
    If it was more about the economy then the games mechanics would have been designed differently.



    Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
    With this message it is clear that he does not understand a bit about the topic that is being discussed.
    (Maybe that's why he thinks that the rest don't understand anything)
    He's got a big brain salad.

  18. #15
    Junior Member Daogole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Banned
    Posts
    41
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    12
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

    Default

    Probably nobody is going to take the time to answer how the Arcane Legends economy works because nobody is going to take the time to figure out how it works and wouldn't want to. But the best point of reference is how the real economy works. In the United States, we have the federal reserve. This is who decides the interest rates to loan money out to the actual bank where you have your savings and checking accounts. In the last couple of months the federal reserve has been raising interest rates in large part due to an inflation rate that hasn't been seen in decades. "Lords of Finance" by Ahamed or "The Intelligent Investor" by Graham are good sources.

  19. #16
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    404
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    81
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

    Default

    Spend a $100 on plat become a fast millionaire.

    Spend a $1000 on plat become a fast billionaire.

    Play for free- Then learn to be happy playing within your means or get mad and post about the economy.

  20. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,213
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    88
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    66
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

    Default

    game economy simp spotted...HELLO KYLE ...UwU

    Sent from my RMX2001 using Tapatalk

  21. #18
    Senior Member Ploid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    715
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    12
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    132
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by santaria View Post
    for sure this guy don't even understand what he is saying. Your english are too hard to follow lot of wrong grammars and improper construction of sentence and cherry on top the moot that are baseless and futile. I read "plat farm" please close this thread @devs.
    Bro, look at your own English before criticizing others, lol.

    Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Ploid For This Useful Post:


  23. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Posts
    46
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ploid View Post
    Bro, look at your own English before criticizing others, lol.

    Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    your ign itself is wrong grammar.

  24. #20
    Senior Member Ploid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    715
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    12
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    132
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by santaria View Post
    your ign itself is wrong grammar.
    How's my IGN wrong grammar? And what does grammar have do with IGNs?

    Ploid comes from diploid. If u didn't know "di" means 2. Diploid means 2 Ploid and therefore Ploid itself is fine.

    Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Ploid For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Economic solution: BoE items (Bind On Equip)
    By Derezzzed in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 11-29-2014, 10:03 AM
  2. Economic Depression In Arcane Legends :(
    By Meemaw in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-24-2014, 10:24 AM
  3. Solution to inflation and other economic issues.....
    By Energizeric in forum AL Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-15-2014, 09:28 PM
  4. Economic woes of inflation in the land of Arlor....
    By Energizeric in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 129
    Last Post: 05-01-2014, 11:47 AM
  5. It's Good To Know The Pocket Legends Economy Is Doing Better Than Our Economy. :P
    By xDoNoToPeNb4xmasx in forum PL General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-02-2012, 01:57 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •