Thread: Inflation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default Inflation

Please how many times we need to ask can you please do something with this inflation and close gold farming eventS. Also there is soon xmas event remove the grotto gold farming map... this gold farming went over too much. Whole community talking aboit this problem, if am wrong tell me ppl

Best wishes
    I'm not. Here to play the game I'm here to change it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Something has already been done about infaltion, Myx got nerfed by alot, and we haven't let enough time pass to see the impact that will have. Change will not just happen overnight and suddenly inflation is fixed. On top of that the Grotto is a staple of the Xmas event and I think people will be expecting it. No need to panic and nerf everything gold related. Thats just my two cents though, not sure whether people agree with me.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiooooooooo For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

grotto will probably the last bout of inflation, There has been no gold event in a year and they nerfed the heck out of myx. After the winter gold even prices will continually decrease. We are still waiting for a permanent gold sink but that has not yet come.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

They will prolly nerf grotto as well in case there'll still be grotto. Still xmas' usually a 2 weeks event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Problem is this inflation has been problem for years. Have you heard this "Courage to Surrender". PL need to abandon some gold farming events for example (grotto) the chests should have more xp kits/orbs instead of golds. Gold lost the meaning in PL.
    I'm not. Here to play the game I'm here to change it!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Since2010 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Since2010 View Post
    Problem is this inflation has been problem for years. Have you heard this "Courage to Surrender". PL need to abandon some gold farming events for example (grotto) the chests should have more xp kits/orbs instead of golds. Gold lost the meaning in PL.
    They already removed every other gold event this year and they nerfed myx. Grotto seems like a good way for noobs to get some gold so I don't think gold should be removed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I'm surprised no one mentioned Isle of Night yet, which is also a hotspot for bots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Well, In Isle's case, the problem isn't the level, it's the botters. Its not OP to run isle solo, it only becomes a problem when people bot it, so crack down on them instead of nerfing everything that drops gold...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Endpoints View Post
    I'm surprised no one mentioned Isle of Night yet, which is also a hotspot for bots.
    Ikr they should remove/ nerf it too. There is too much gold in PL and that has been a big problem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fiooooooooo View Post
    Well, In Isle's case, the problem isn't the level, it's the botters. Its not OP to run isle solo, it only becomes a problem when people bot it, so crack down on them instead of nerfing everything that drops gold...
    The problem with bots exists for years now and based on multiple incidents, they won't get banned until someone notices them and report them. And with the update with gold drops not being shared among party members, I'm afraid a 5 man team of bots will run the Isle of Night and no one will see it because they're in a full map.
    Sts really needs to come up with something to solve it. I know this would affect other players too but for now the easiest solution is to nerf the gold drops at Isle of Night.

Sts introduced the Gold Farming Zones (which is one of the main cause of inflation) after the 105 level cap, right after one of the event which made 105 Amulets (and Rings after) available for 5m each from the vendor which causes deflation. They could make something like that again, and maybe a NPC that sells crates for gold which contains rare good looking vanities, kits, titles, badges and so on (iirc there's something like this on AL)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

My opinion is that the gold cap shouldn't have NEVER been more than example of 100m, but I guess it's just too late for that..
    I just find it ridiculous that players are still farming gold after the 100m barrier.

If players wouldn't be so obsessed about the gold, this so called inflation wouldn't have never happened in the first place.
    But in the other hand, we can't really blaim the players about it if it is too easy to farm gold.
    I don't think there is not much that STS can do about it, I guess it's just too late for that, because it already happened, and it may take even years to relax the inflation..

I mean it's just not possible it to magically being fixed in the month or two, it may be even possible that there is nothing that anyone can do about it anymore, unless the players itself starts to throw the gold at the "trashcan", and relaxes the market itself, but even then it takes a lot of time and effort and everyones support.

I really miss the CAP L76 and below.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Darkfor For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Endpoints View Post
    The problem with bots exists for years now and based on multiple incidents, they won't get banned until someone notices them and report them. And with the update with gold drops not being shared among party members, I'm afraid a 5 man team of bots will run the Isle of Night and no one will see it because they're in a full map.
    Sts really needs to come up with something to solve it. I know this would affect other players too but for now the easiest solution is to nerf the gold drops at Isle of Night.

Sts introduced the Gold Farming Zones (which is one of the main cause of inflation) after the 105 level cap, right after one of the event which made 105 Amulets (and Rings after) available for 5m each from the vendor which causes deflation. They could make something like that again, and maybe a NPC that sells crates for gold which contains rare good looking vanities, kits, titles, badges and so on (iirc there's something like this on AL)
    There is a massive need for a gold sink. Gold vendors for GOOD items. Sacrifice plat for one event and make it all about deflation. Since cinco has removed myx and gold tier events deflation is very possible but they NEED to make a gold sink event or deflation will take years.