Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Gold sink idea which kills black market

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Since2010 View Post
    This thread was "cheese"... you have og mantle this is the messenge am trying to present. As i said i dont wanna make drama thread to tell about you guys one by one with proofs...
    I haven't owned that mantle in 4 years. My signature is also 4 years old should I change it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

I can agree something does need to be done about the insane inflation and BM items getting flooded in where people do decide to raise prices because it’s not a problem to them to keep buying gold off of BM sites. I’m not sure what the solution would be, but I can’t think this suggestion would be a good idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

My idea/solution

Start with creating one vendor, This vendor will have every item/vanity in PL.

Make platinum tradable. Make it so it can be listed in CS/traded.

The vendor needs to have every item worth more gold than it's actually normally selling for, This is to have it available but at a cost that it's either not worth it or will take gold out of the community.

Have the same items also available for platinum, Each vanity set should be a minimum of 2,000 plat. (Remember plat at this point will also be a tradable currency, That you can buy/trade and will have a significant value)

With this idea STS can profit, And the players that want these items can then purchase them.

I think any other alternative to this idea will ruin the economy in game, Simply because nothing will have value.

* Side note: I like that you also left tourney shields off this list. I think that's the one set of items that should never return for sale. *

"Never mess with a man that can end you, from a different zip code."-Sniper

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FFA View Post
    My idea/solution

The vendor needs to have every item worth more gold than it's actually normally selling for, This is to have it available but at a cost that it's either not worth it or will take gold out of the community.

Have the same items also available for platinum, Each vanity set should be a minimum of 2,000 plat. (Remember plat at this point will also be a tradable currency, That you can buy/trade and will have a significant value)

With this idea STS can profit, And the players that want these items can then purchase them.

I think any other alternative to this idea will ruin the economy in game, Simply because nothing will have value.

* Side note: I like that you also left tourney shields off this list. I think that's the one set of items that should never return for sale. *
    Better idea, considering people will buy platinum to obtain the items and people will buy platinum just to sell it.

It can turn a huge profit for STS considering those items are wanted by the community and will also kill the amount of gold in the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

This idea won't really solve anything, blackmarket would always be there because there's always something with value (gold). And if the supply is high, prices would just go down and won't really solve inflation.
    If the rarity of an item is removed and everyone have them, would anyone want/buy them anymore?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FFA View Post
    My idea/solution

I agree plat should be tradeable like AL. They can add an intermediary if they want like tradeable CS slots, but if you think about it plat is already tradeable through tickets and recipes, they just need to expand that idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

As for the discontinued items and faces, I think if you made a vendor where you can get a recipe for plat and have to farm items to craft. They should be maybe even harder than farming demonic sets. Just an idea, as for the faces, they could just remove them like the droid costume.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Another idea is that the items you have to buy with stuff like the dragon fang currency. Meaning you have to play a whole lot to be able to buy them.

Idea from Decimatingyou
    Last edited by NukeDragon; 12-13-2022 at 11:34 AM. Reason: for friend

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NukeDragon View Post
    Another idea is that the items you have to buy with stuff like the dragon fang currency. Meaning you have to play a whole lot to be able to buy them.

Idea from Decimatingyou
    So, make it even easier for bots to get stuff?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idevour View Post
    So, make it even easier for bots to get stuff?
    I see that as an issue. Otherwise make a plat vendor in respected Townes just to sell the items at high prices. Unless my other post is more appealing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

100% Disagree. Especially on the cop, soh and bd sets. Those are exclusive items and I know that you know it. Past cap rewards and old exclusive events vanity shouldn't be added to the game anymore, they also stated about the bd sets and humania face before that it can never be happen. They also said that if they are going to that, permission to the vanity creator should be ask first. -1 -1 -1 -1!!

Pain what?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Funny tho, last time we see something brought back those items ended up as trash to these ppl who asked for it. And pretty sure, if they agrre on this one, well I'd say there'll be more loss to the already small community.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Then just make them account bound like every cap now.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Then just make them account bound like every cap now.
    This idea is awful aswell. Leave them the way they are. What is the point in making them account bound?

Everyone is so worried about inflation and black market players

1. Black market players take a look at certain guilds I think you might be in one of those guilds.
    2. Inflation, is probably fixed for the most part after the nerf of myxx. Now we just need a little gold sink. How about give the option to open crates with gold? 1m per crate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idevour View Post
    This idea is awful aswell. Leave them the way they are. What is the point in making them account bound?

Everyone is so worried about inflation and black market players

1. Black market players take a look at certain guilds I think you might be in one of those guilds.
    2. Inflation, is probably fixed for the most part after the nerf of myxx. Now we just need a little gold sink. How about give the option to open crates with gold? 1m per crate
    I like that, and tbh there is no definite way to stop the BM. Lots of people going to use it.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Since2010 View Post
    Thanks Sunflwershine for your great post. I dont wan to report anyone but just a little hint (could you devs check those accs who are against this idea are they clean) i promice they arnt.

And fio thanks for your posts i dont want to make this thread drama thread to post about you and few other ppl...just want to send my message to Sts lets make revolution, lets end Black market and this inflation!
    -Best wishes
    bro just said anyone who disagrees with reintroducing old items is a BMer, lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

It’s a habit of his, I am sure most people are used to Golem’s slanders. Ironic aswell.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

I like that, and tbh there is no definite way to stop the BM. Lots of people going to use it.
    I also want to make it clear I am in no way calling you a BM player, I hope you did not take it that way

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Islamiyah24 View Post
    100% Disagree. Especially on the cop, soh and bd sets. Those are exclusive items and I know that you know it. Past cap rewards and old exclusive events vanity shouldn't be added to the game anymore, they also stated about the bd sets and humania face before that it can never be happen. They also said that if they are going to that, permission to the vanity creator should be ask first. -1 -1 -1 -1!!
    They’re exclusive to people who BM them and that is pretty much it. No one else can afford them for what they currently go for.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Absolize For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Absolize View Post
    They’re exclusive to people who BM them and that is pretty much it. No one else can afford them for what they currently go for.
    I think you mean to all of us, I do own something valuable but not something like bd or og mantle. Though we're not bmer, I can tell it the way you say it. You'll realize it later on.

+ Adding them back is disrespectful to ppl who really owned them without bming. You might read Idevour idea, that's +1 right?

Pain what?