Thread: Question about Attack and Damage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Default Question about Attack and Damage

A little far into the game to ask now, I know lol but I was wondering if anyone had it all figured out. In PL and SL we have these number crunching people and solved everything out (therefore led to dual class and better stats based on new weapon releases). I was looking at the skills page and I didn't really know whether to respec. Theres "power" and "damage". If i equip some weapons, it adds around 30 to attack, 1 to damage, and 2 to DPS. I'm trying to get a good PVE build going on here and this is where I'm stuck. Do i just ignore Attack and put points into Damage? And do those even count towards skill damage?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Junside View Post
    A little far into the game to ask now, I know lol but I was wondering if anyone had it all figured out. In PL and SL we have these number crunching people and solved everything out (therefore led to dual class and better stats based on new weapon releases). I was looking at the skills page and I didn't really know whether to respec. Theres "power" and "damage". If i equip some weapons, it adds around 30 to attack, 1 to damage, and 2 to DPS. I'm trying to get a good PVE build going on here and this is where I'm stuck. Do i just ignore Attack and put points into Damage? And do those even count towards skill damage?

From what i understand, damage increases your skill damage while attack increases your melee damage.

Armor increases your Regen as well as defense.

Health increases your hp

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Hey! I am too lazy to figure out the exact numbers, but Vidarr and I have discussed this in game and we have concluded the following:

Base level 26 Damage (nothing equipped) is 50.
    If you add 15 points of damage (passive) any active skills' base damage is incremented by about 11-13 points. The formula we figured for bigger damage increase is:
    (Total Damage)-[(Base Damage)-(about)4]=(How much Base Damage your Skill is increased by)

If you want to see two quotes from a Dev(Swede) about stats go to my PvP builds (link in my sig) and it'll be one of the first things in the OP.

Attack slightly boosts damage by a small percentage so it does matter. I am sure someone may have stated by how much already somewhere, but I don't recall where to find it. It also add to your character hit % and critical hit %. We don't have exact numbers but we do notice it from intuition.

Defense boosts your character's dodge % and some have said that also your health regeneration speed. I am stating this from intuition and I recall that a dev (Swede?) possibly posted this (maybe) and from what other community members have investigated.

DPS is Damage Per Second. If you have a dual hand weapon it strikes about 2 attacks per second. Your damage is your base weapon damage. So if you have 50 damage and strike twice it should be 100 DPS. Thing is that it isn't. So I said it might be 50+(half of the second attack)=(A more realistic DPS that will show as your stat)about 70-ish.

That is what we have so far. Some seems right and others are up for debate. Hope it helps somewhat!

Inquiries accepted and doubts too! Unless I got the above from a dev's quote because devs are NEVER wrong!....right? Lol

Last edited by XchilangopwnX; 08-19-2012 at 01:33 PM.

PvP Builds DL Tourney
    "...the only thing we have to fear is fear itself..." -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Lady_Pebbles

Here ya go...

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

Heres some info that could help ppl...

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

Considering a dev posted the info on another thread regarding the difference between damage and attack (links to the dev's posts:
    Here & Here), the following should be correct or close to it:

Attack = Critical hit chance, some damage and some aim/hit chance.
    Defense = Some dodge, hp regen, and def.
    Health = Mana, health & some def (makes you harder to kill).
    Damage = Makes your skills -a lot- stronger & your weapon a lil stronger calculated by attack.
    DPS = Straight DPS (the old dmg #) of weapon & possibly skills as well.

Key is to have a balance between them. Otherwise you could potentially killl yourself or contribute to it in the process of a pvp match. For example, high hp takes longer to kill but if the player with high hp is using skills at level 2 and spamming them, they are going to drain their own hp quickly so it won't take much to kill them. However, some def helps them dodge the incoming attacks & regens their hp. The hp regens faster if your toon is standing still so in PvP def is mostly used for dodge purposes where as hp acts like a shield (perse) on top of hp and mana attributes.

I would still like a Dev to confirm the rest of that.

I hope that helps! <3

Oh oh & These links have some more helpful info:

Chilango's Assassination Build(s)

Deciphering Stats and Skills

Analysis of HP Regen I did research on HP Regen too & posted the info in that thread. Hopefully you can link to it too!

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 08-19-2012 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Removed the dev's quotes since they are linked in the quotes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Thank you Thren! *muakz*

If you want to survive get defense and health passive as high as possible. Next get defense and health gems. Get 26 Weapon, "Mincers." You will be super hard to kill, but you will have difficulty killing. Maybe if you out survive your enemy lol. I haven't tried it because I am not much for tanking and not damaging.

PvP Builds DL Tourney

Lady_Pebbles

Not necessarily pa... Defense is pretty useless at certain levels for PvP. The HP regen is great for PvE but in PvP it doesn't add much armor. The armor is mostly in the HP stat. Thus 0 to 1 point in DEF would suffice where as 1 or more in HP would be -required- because its a much more inportant stat.

You want to survive in PvP? Put that extra point in HP. The Kriegeberg Stone can help you out with the DMG to put out.

You want to survive in PvE? Put the extra point in ATK.

Either way, max out your DMG since it makes your skills hella stronger.

Try your passives in this order for your PvE build @lvl26: 1241 or 2141 <-Gives highest possible damage with sone dodge. The goal here is to kill them off as fast as possible without draining your own blood too quickly that you'll commit suicide.

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 08-19-2012 at 02:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Haha. That was supposed to be read with some sarcasm. Text sucks. :/
    That would be a pure passive build like the one Dash rolls with on his alt. It can tank cause no output blood is being spent. It won't kill but I said "survive" Not for use in PvP. OP said PvE.

If you want some kicks try out my build. Not the best. It works.

Defense is needed in end game PVP as it provides chance for evading rats or fb. It is a small chance but could come in a lucky incidence that could lead to a win.

What PvP builds require is to be balanced in both attack and defense with (in my opinion) +90 damage and decent health. DPS just gives you something to look at.
    Last edited by XchilangopwnX; 08-19-2012 at 07:10 PM.

PvP Builds DL Tourney

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Thank everyone. Im just simply aiming for a pve build. Theres not much variety in pvp yet for me to get into it. Im gonna respec soon and hopefully i can come up with an awesome build. Thank you all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Send ganicrush a fr ign aka judgement ill hook u up with the icons pve built

Str8 pve built u will get kicked outta pvp soon as u enter.
    "Cant fight the feeling"

"Proud GM of Eclipse"