Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Prediction for the AL Economy in the near future

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Default Prediction for the AL Economy in the near future

It has been discussed that the GL sets drop rate is too high.
    Some people believe it is good, some people believe it is not.

Let me tell you why I think it is NOT good for the sake of the game.

First thing people don't always understand, is when you heavily grinding with GL, you are not just "making yourself richer", but you are also adding a certain amount of gold to the AL economy.

In the past years, only few people had GL sets with 460-500GL, and think about what happened during that time?
    When GL was introduced, you could do alot with 1M gold.
    Endgame newest gears + best pets + best vanitys could be all aquired for just 3-5 millions at most.
    The same thing could be aquired now at the price of 1B gold (or around that).
    So from 5M to 1B gold = x200 times the same worth of stuff at a different time period.
    Imagine, how fast prices of everything will rise now when everybody can easily get huge amount of GL?

WHY I THINK THIS IS BAD FOR THE GAME?
    1) Many people are waiting for kraken gears to drop.
    I am personally grinding E Sunken for some kraken items daily but now when everyone can afford high gl, I believe that they will rise from now on.
    Eventually they will drop, but unless kraken gears won't be easier to loot from locks, they will rise (from my experience)

2) If you think that some vanitys are expensive now oh boi just wait and see how far they will go.
    I have seen people complain about Jupiter aura, Bliz aura and LB vanitys being expensive, withen few months I believe they will all rise in 30-50% (my guess).

3) Many people who invested alot of gold in their high GL sets, lost 85% of its value withen 2 days of winter.
    Now don't say "It is always like that in winter" because it is NOT.
    Last winter Ava belt was 40M (clean), and 60-80M right before previous winter event.
    I bought clean Venal set last winter for 130M (very cheap at the time).
    And look at the prices now?
    IT IS understandable that during winter GL sets can drop, but during all the previous 5 years, I have never seen it drop by 80-85% and especially in 2 days of event.

CAN IT BE SOLVED?
    The way I see it, the drop rates are high cause devs wanted all people to be able to get gold income since newer players can be having hard time getting gold.
    So a suggestion that I believe can stop the crazy upcoming inflation that is around the corner, would be just decrease gold drops from all around the game.

RN with 900GL I can get 120K per a run in E sunken.
    How about making it 40-50K per a E Sunken run with the same GL?
    And ofc all other maps will be nerfed too.

that is just to avoid getting to the "10B gold just to buy gears" that I imagine happening in the not so far future

- Synergia

EDIT:
    I have posted my opinion about the situation with examples.
    Some people can not handle the truth, and accept that this is bad for the game.

If you didn't know, as of now its impossible for players to hold more than 999.999M gold, the game just simply does not support that.
    Even if the gold cap is increased the max would be around 1.27B I believe.

SO if you all think that walking towards a path where you have to use 999M gold limit for any end game items and vanitys - enjoy

Thread close thank you all for participating in the debate
    Last edited by Synergia; 12-18-2022 at 11:43 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Yes, I agree inflation overall can be good or bad, but in this scenario its totally game breaking at this point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I make your words mine, after the awak I'm going to go again and without prediction.

Enviado de meu SM-G770F usando o Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    650 Posts

It's a double edge sword. As inflation increases and some players can get gold loot sets to farm more gold,there will be those who can't catch up. Conviently, STS has locked crates for sale where you can just spend money on plats to get the gears you want without GL sets or farming! Ultimately, they need players to drop a few dollars here and there. If no one spent money, this game will go the way of the dinosaurs.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

This is a lose-lose situation for the devs.

I guess something like: Gold loot sets will onlybe dropping from the Massive Holley crate I. Give a boost to Kraken items to make up for it in II and III. The big problem is how many of the crates are in circulation now with the 2 store options AND there being nothing worth buying on the token vendor apart from the crate recipe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Bump

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

its all about the business and money they dont care about the economy anymore so sad thats the power of money they will be blind and greed just sharing my opinion no hate guys

Sent from my RNE-L22 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

People always talk about inflation being bad but at the end of the day it all balances out. More gold in game means items go up in price but also you can farm gold faster if you are always upgrading your gl/gears, The only things that are inflation proof are rare leaderboard vanities and things related to plat like plat eggs/crate keys, You can't just remove/nerf gold farming because then people with stacks of billions of gold who never buy anything will have a huge advantage over people who farm after a nerf.

And if this "inflation" is a bad thing which I don't think it even is the only 2 solutions I see would be to BUFF gold drops by a lot which would destroy the value of gold and pretty much reset the game, the gold cap would probably need an increase but wouldn't be that big of a deal to have to add a few extra 0's for each trade/item sold. or option 2 which would be to make more non tradable+farmable items instead of stuff you can buy for gold from other people from now on.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Thewolfbull For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

im being neutral here, but what you guys problem bout this surprising locked drop rate?
    you guys being mad because have spent tons of gold by hoarding those sets before right? then why blame devs on that? its devs choice whether they want to make new player have fun or even gain some income for their hard work.
    all of you who are against devs decision cant be right at all, because we all knew some of you were doing "DIRTY" things outside by hoarding > gain profit > repeat.
    its normal that every game developer is want to gain income from their ingame currency by selling plat, giving us discount etc
    but complaining aint the best answer for me at this situation.

enjoy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thewolfbull View Post
    People always talk about inflation being bad but at the end of the day it all balances out. More gold in game means items go up in price but also you can farm gold faster if you are always upgrading your gl/gears, The only things that are inflation proof are rare leaderboard vanities and things related to plat like plat eggs/crate keys, You can't just remove/nerf gold farming because then people with stacks of billions of gold who never buy anything will have a huge advantage over people who farm after a nerf.

And if this "inflation" is a bad thing which I don't think it even is the only 2 solutions I see would be to BUFF gold drops by a lot which would destroy the value of gold and pretty much reset the game, the gold cap would probably need an increase but wouldn't be that big of a deal to have to add a few extra 0's for each trade/item sold. or option 2 which would be to make more non tradable+farmable items instead of stuff you can buy for gold from other people from now on.
    Thats a good point you brought up about people with stacks of gold having an insane advantage. I have always been around 650-750gl even before this event. I'm no where close to this outrageous amount of gold everyone claims people with high gl sets had before this event.. the way I see it, gold loot farming will increase items, but overall the merchers and hoarders are the ones creating mass inflation to the game. You will need to be online 6-10hrs a day to make 50m+ farming gold loot. You can merch items and I've heard of people making 200m a day just from merching items. But of course.. gold loot is the reason of inflation like always.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

To add on to my point ^ to merch items you already need a base of foundation to begin with. Merching does involve the same gold circulating throughout the economy because essentially there is no additional gold being added because you are taking some else's gold for an item. The problem with nerfing gold loot substantially is that merching will become the ONLY reliable source of income for people that cannot spend irl money on this game, and also events but we all know how event drop rates are. I think STS failed when they introduced a 24/7 map that you can make more gold than a map that's only up for 24hours. Not gold loot, not gold sets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

These posts make me sick to my stomach everytime they pop up. I dont know why people can't just play the game and stop trying to figure out the deep dark secrets that are suppose to be hidden within it. Noone wants to read a 10 page report on this stuff.

Now spend the best part of your day trying to tare me apart for posting this in another 10 page response noone wants to read.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to chiiwawa For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Gold loot sets being dropped in price gives both advantages and disadvantages. For me, it is balanced.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Izannagi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

I have red the first 2 sentences:

90% of the AL community will do it the following. Lets say all go crazy
    And farm 200m for awake event. They will also burn the 200m in the awake event or buy better gear to farm. This cyclus will repeat every 3 months. With other words all 3 months ppl farm 200m and spend that again. Sounds like a healthy economy. But that also means ppl have no need to sell old items. Everybody can play the game have an easier time to come in as a new player and enjoy.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Oawaoebi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oawaoebi View Post
    I have red the first 2 sentences:

90% of the AL community will do it the following. Lets say all go crazy
    And farm 200m for awake event. They will also burn the 200m in the awake event or buy better gear to farm. This cyclus will repeat every 3 months. With other words all 3 months ppl farm 200m and spend that again. Sounds like a healthy economy. But that also means ppl have no need to sell old items. Everybody can play the game have an easier time to come in as a new player and enjoy.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
    Wasting money on elite awakes wouldn't work because players are buying awaks from players, not for gold in npc, so amount of gold in circulation is still same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AgentStonoga View Post
    Wasting money on elite awakes wouldn't work because players are buying awaks from players, not for gold in npc, so amount of gold in circulation is still same.
    Mindwhile,me spending 200-300m on blue gems since 4years on every awa event to roll new gl set

Wysłane z mojego ASUS_I005DA przy użyciu Tapatalka
    ign: NEXPL

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Nexior For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

I dont feel like 150M or 200M is alot, frankly neither is 500M when were talking about the strongest gear in the game, especially when gold is this easy to farm.
    Shouldnt it be a journey anyways?
    Since i came back to the game people have been telling me to wait for kraken items to drop but why? When you can farm tens of millions of gold a day why is 200M such a high price to pay for the latest gear in the game? Ive seen MMO’s that take years of grinding to get the best of the best.

And i agree losing a solid 150M worth on my GL set wasn’t optimal, but if you used the set prior to winter and especially during jarl you probably have made way over it’s worth back.
    Regardless i doubt inflation will be as hugely affected by this as you claim, besides, i’m sure this is a good healthy update to incentivize more newer players to dive into the endgame instead of quitting or sitting in pier all day being a lazy obnoxious mercher.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Well one think that is stupid is that you can only carry 1B of gold. If you introduce Soo much gold in the game everything will rise. The only people that get f'ed are the new players and poor. Now we all have gold loot sets so prices will be accordingly. In a few months everything will be a billion and up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    I dont feel like 150M or 200M is alot, frankly neither is 500M when were talking about the strongest gear in the game, especially when gold is this easy to farm.
    Shouldnt it be a journey anyways?
    Since i came back to the game people have been telling me to wait for kraken items to drop but why? When you can farm tens of millions of gold a day why is 200M such a high price to pay for the latest gear in the game? Ive seen MMO’s that take years of grinding to get the best of the best.

And i agree losing a solid 150M worth on my GL set wasn’t optimal, but if you used the set prior to winter and especially during jarl you probably have made way over it’s worth back.
    Regardless i doubt inflation will be as hugely affected by this as you claim, besides, i’m sure this is a good healthy update to incentivize more newer players to dive into the endgame instead of quitting or sitting in pier all day being a lazy obnoxious mercher.
    Maybe because waiting for kraken items to drop in price would be the wiser choice overall. Unlike during previous caps, lvl 81 mythics actually are really good and are really all you need to farm and get through all in-game content. Yeah sure kraken stuff make runs faster = more gold, but with a full pt with full mythic set combos and with players who know how to use them, the gap between non-arc and arc gear users are less of an issue today than it used to be, where during the 76 cap, no arc gear literally means you can't even kill a single end-game mob.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jho View Post
    Well one think that is stupid is that you can only carry 1B of gold. If you introduce Soo much gold in the game everything will rise. The only people that get f'ed are the new players and poor. Now we all have gold loot sets so prices will be accordingly. In a few months everything will be a billion and up
    Im a bit over this “oh the poor new players” its bs.
    I have multiple guildies who went from single millions to tens of millions of gold by just running and farming jarl, gradually getting more GL.
    Its NOT hard to get a good gl set together and/or farm millions of gold and it wasnt before winter.
    The people youre talking about are new players who expect this to be a single player experience where you can beat the game in a few days.
    If someone doesnt want to grind to get to the endgame he/she should not play MMO’s