Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Prediction for the AL Economy in the near future

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    Im a bit over this “oh the poor new players” its bs.
    I have multiple guildies who went from single millions to tens of millions of gold by just running and farming jarl, gradually getting more GL.
    Its NOT hard to get a good gl set together and/or farm millions of gold and it wasnt before winter.
    The people youre talking about are new players who expect this to be a single player experience where you can beat the game in a few days.
    If someone doesnt want to grind to get to the endgame he/she should not play MMO’s
    Bruh u are thinking in a very confined space, player retention rate is something that matters , it's just a pain to farm ,farm & farm like a dog to first get a gold loot set , then try making back the gold u spent on it , which takes another few ages, And the multiple guildies u are talking about , from them more than 90% players would be playing from months / they would have gotten rich by platinum offers [Which is not possible for many people in different regions]

If u got to think at a scale , ways to earn gold should be even across the board , so the game remains fair & not so pay to win , it's good for the overall growth of the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Synergia View Post
    It has been discussed that the GL sets drop rate is too high.
    Some people believe it is good, some people believe it is not.

Let me tell you why I think it is NOT good for the sake of the game.

First thing people don't always understand, is when you heavily grinding with GL, you are not just "making yourself richer", but you are also adding a certain amount of gold to the AL economy.

In the past years, only few people had GL sets with 460-500GL, and think about what happened during that time?
    When GL was introduced, you could do alot with 1M gold.
    Endgame newest gears + best pets + best vanitys could be all aquired for just 3-5 millions at most.
    The same thing could be aquired now at the price of 1B gold (or around that).
    So from 5M to 1B gold = x200 times the same worth of stuff at a different time period.
    Imagine, how fast prices of everything will rise now when everybody can easily get huge amount of GL?

WHY I THINK THIS IS BAD FOR THE GAME?
    1) Many people are waiting for kraken gears to drop.
    I am personally grinding E Sunken for some kraken items daily but now when everyone can afford high gl, I believe that they will rise from now on.
    Eventually they will drop, but unless kraken gears won't be easier to loot from locks, they will rise (from my experience)

2) If you think that some vanitys are expensive now oh boi just wait and see how far they will go.
    I have seen people complain about Jupiter aura, Bliz aura and LB vanitys being expensive, withen few months I believe they will all rise in 30-50% (my guess).

3) Many people who invested alot of gold in their high GL sets, lost 85% of its value withen 2 days of winter.
    Now don't say "It is always like that in winter" because it is NOT.
    Last winter Ava belt was 40M (clean), and 60-80M right before previous winter event.
    I bought clean Venal set last winter for 130M (very cheap at the time).
    And look at the prices now?
    IT IS understandable that during winter GL sets can drop, but during all the previous 5 years, I have never seen it drop by 80-85% and especially in 2 days of event.

CAN IT BE SOLVED?
    The way I see it, the drop rates are high cause devs wanted all people to be able to get gold income since newer players can be having hard time getting gold.
    So a suggestion that I believe can stop the crazy upcoming inflation that is around the corner, would be just decrease gold drops from all around the game.

RN with 900GL I can get 120K per a run in E sunken.
    How about making it 40-50K per a E Sunken run with the same GL?
    And ofc all other maps will be nerfed too.

that is just to avoid getting to the "10B gold just to buy gears" that I imagine happening in the not so far future

- Synergia
    What reducing current gold drop rates will do is that it increases the value of the billions gold that people already have .

Sts has been recently releasing vanities , gears , etc in high quantities so that prices don't rise / get manipulated . I don't see what's the issue here that u are talking about , it's kind off a new balance in the economy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

@Cinco

Enviado de meu SM-G770F usando o Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Itzmemohsin View Post
    Bruh u are thinking in a very confined space, player retention rate is something that matters , it's just a pain to farm ,farm & farm like a dog to first get a gold loot set , then try making back the gold u spent on it , which takes another few ages, And the multiple guildies u are talking about , from them more than 90% players would be playing from months / they would have gotten rich by platinum offers [Which is not possible for many people in different regions]

If u got to think at a scale , ways to earn gold should be even across the board , so the game remains fair & not so pay to win , it's good for the overall growth of the game.
    The grind should be long. If you want some games that you can grind out to get the best gear in under 100 hours i can recommend some great singleplayer titles.
    Ill repeat myself: if you dont want to grind then dont play MMO’s. Or pay up, its that simple

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Spooked For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

I have posted my opinion about the situation with examples.
    Some people can not handle the truth, and accept that this is bad for the game.

If you didn't know, as of now its impossible for players to hold more than 999.999M gold, the game just simply does not support that.
    Even if the gold cap is increased the max would be around 1.27B I believe.

SO if you all think that walking towards a path where you have to use 999M gold limit for any end game items and vanitys - enjoy

thread close, drama is being served again

7.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #26
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,174 Posts

I appreciate your opinion on the matter - though I don’t share your doom and gloom outlook. I see excellent opportunities in the coming year to sink gold constructively (in addition to cost changes and various potential inflow nerfs).

While the price drop issue isn’t part of the OP I nevertheless want to mention that I understand the concerns there too. We did decide to make these items more available for many of the reasons stated by respondents above.

I know we haven’t earned your full faith on economic matters but I’m still gonna ask for you to give us the benefit of the doubt.

Happy Holidays to you all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post: