Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Bug problem...shadow dance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default Bug problem...shadow dance

I just came back from a ctf game a few min ago...and someone was using shadow dance carrying a flag run through the wall:/ ppl are taking advantage of it. Sorry it happened too fast and I couldn't take a screenshot, but he used this tactic twice to run away when low health
    Last edited by Delphina; 08-23-2012 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Do not call out
    Farewell
    Oct 7, 2012

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Xlilithii For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

So they just Shadow Danced their way out? Nice! Did they just use the skill or something more complex?

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

No, just shadow dance and he's carrying a flag... Walk through the wall:/
    Farewell
    Oct 7, 2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Werent you in the previous game when I mentioned this out load that your teammate was doing this ... I thing you said it was lag.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Awesome strategy!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Arah View Post
    Werent you in the previous game when I mentioned this out load that your teammate was doing this ... I thing you said it was lag.
    First, you weren't in that game, the game you're talking about was 1-2 hours ago.
    Second, what you're talking about was a game against some <inslavers> members, sorry for offending but none of my teammates used that strategy:/ most of them are my guildies and I trust them
    Farewell
    Oct 7, 2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    803 Posts

Thanks for reporting this. I'll include this in my report.
    | | |

| |

Need Help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xlilithii View Post
    First, you weren't in that game, the game you're talking about was 1-2 hours ago.
    Second, what you're talking about was a game against some <inslavers> members, sorry for offending but none of my teammates used that strategy:/ most of them are my guildies and I trust them
    Geez why in red. Look you misinterpreted my comments; I have no bone to pick with you or any of your Inslavers, or to start one. If i did, I might have even made my post in a different colour too. In fact I have many in your guild that I can trust and have friendships with. I'm not here to play Dark Legends to start any drama, but as a means of just relaxing and having fun; one of my guild rules is that we do not like drama.

By my comments what I merely meant to say was that I experienced it too, as I'm sure others have. If you remember my comments, I said it was b.s. lag that made that person go from my base protection to your winning goal line. This is what I recall seeing: your teammate carrying the flag stopped in front of my base door, I attack him and nothing happen, and next thing the system says you team score point while that said teammate was still there frozen with the flag in front of me, lol ... bear in mind that as this is happening other people are moving about on the map.

I'm sorry (yes I'm apologizing) if you think that I have criticized your teammate or your guild.

Sadly what makes ctf enjoyable, also makes it frustrating. People take games too competitively. I always approach it was a win some, lose some mentality. Heck even if I lose I try to say "gg", unless I accidentally hit leave button/

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sam_Arah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Delphina View Post
    Thanks for reporting this. I'll include this in my report.
    Delphina, are u saying u guys don't know about this? It's been going on from day 1. Lol. Ive done it a few times myself. It's not a bug it's because of lag. When the person is carrying the flag has a ping spike it looks like they're going through walls when the spike goes back down and everything catches up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    803 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    Delphina, are u saying u guys don't know about this? It's been going on from day 1. Lol. Ive done it a few times myself. It's not a bug it's because of lag. When the person is carrying the flag has a ping spike it looks like they're going through walls when the spike goes back down and everything catches up.
    The dev's may already know about this. I just include topics of interest in my report.
    | | |

| |

Need Help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Delphina For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Delphina View Post
    The dev's may already know about this. I just include topics of interest in my report.
    Can u put in ur report that I'm the greatest player in dl history? Lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I've seen people lag on purpose and like 10 seconds later they speed walk from the enemies base to theirs. I say on purpose because I've seen it being done many times. I would say they tap if anyone knows what i mean. FPS term...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I don't think you can control lag, and the way the game runs may make it difficult to fix it. Only thing I can imagine is instantly getting instantly disconnected from the server once ping hits a certain point...

17.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #14
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

well that's not good. I'll add a bug in the system and see if I can get a fix in ASAP. Should have a few cycles after finishing up this new content for you guys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

someone was using shadow dance carrying a flag run through the wall:/ ppl are taking advantage of it. ... he used this tactic twice to run away when low health
    what you're talking about was a game against some <inslavers> members, sorry for offending but none of my teammates used that strategy:/ most of them are my guildies and I trust them
    By my comments what I merely meant to say was that I experienced it too, as I'm sure others have. If you remember my comments, I said it was b.s. lag that made that person go from my base protection to your winning goal line. This is what I recall seeing: your teammate carrying the flag stopped in front of my base door, I attack him and nothing happen, and next thing the system says you team score point while that said teammate was still there frozen with the flag in front of me, lol ... bear in mind that as this is happening other people are moving about on the map.

I'm sorry (yes I'm apologizing) if you think that I have criticized your teammate or your guild.
    Xlilithii, I like how it's someone "taking advantage" of a bug when it's the opposing team, but when it occurs in your team/guild it's just lag. Perhaps you ought to give the person you accused the benefit of the doubt.

Sam_Arah, it takes a big man/woman to apologize - even more so when no wrong (none that I can see anyway) was committed. Its very mature of you and you have definitely gained my respect ("great" people - like those who unfairly accused sun light of being a smart alec - could learn a lot from you). Unfortunately, the dramatic have a way of making great drama - even to the point of terminating alliances and publicizing it. This Donkey says, "pfffffft, whatever".

19. The Following User Says Thank You to DonkeyKong For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyKong View Post
    Xlilithii, I like how it's someone "taking advantage" of a bug when it's the opposing team, but when it occurs in your team/guild it's just lag. Perhaps you ought to give the person you accused the benefit of the doubt.

Sam_Arah, it takes a big man/woman to apologize - even more so when no wrong (none that I can see anyway) was committed. Its very mature of you and you have definitely gained my respect ("great" people - like those who unfairly accused sun light of being a smart alec - could learn a lot from you). Unfortunately, the dramatic have a way of making great drama - even to the point of terminating alliances and publicizing it. This Donkey says, "pfffffft, whatever".
    Well, I'm not talking about lag... It's shadow dance through the void and Sam wasn't in that game:/ you can see the purple line at the back of a person doing shadow dance...and that line was crossing the wall? Idk how to explain lol but I've never seen that before? And my ping was really low and everything was moving smoothly:/
    Last edited by Xlilithii; 08-24-2012 at 07:46 PM.
    Farewell
    Oct 7, 2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Well, I'm not talking about lag... It's shadow dance through the void and Sam wasn't in that game:/ you can see the purple line at the back of a person doing shadow dance...and that line was crossing the wall? Idk how to explain lol but I've never seen that before? And my ping was really low and everything was moving smoothly:/
    Xlilithii, it's not you that's lagging. Its the flag carrier. Normally, you can tell because you'll see that person just standing there (as he/she is lagging) and you attack them but nothing happens. Next thing you know, they stop lagging and the server updates their position - either the toon teleports to the final position instantly or they fly thru walls.

When you are lagging, you can tell because everything else seems to stop and your ping freezes or disappears. But you can still run throughout the map. When you stop lagging, people will see you teleport/run thru walls and you'll find that suddenly a lot kills are updated and the scene around you changes suddenly (e.g. enemies/team mates/dead bodies appear).

In your case, it could well be that the flag carrier was lagging and stopped lagging just at the point he/she executed SD (either that or the trail you saw was just the flag trail as it flies thru walls). This then caused you to see him/her fly into the void escaping from you. Trust me, you will see more of this.

Separately, on the guild thing/drama. Chillax - I've got nothing against your guild (and I don't think a lot of people do), in fact some of them are very nice people. However there are others that are cocky as hell, lack sportsmanship and humility. But I'm sure such people are everywhere - thing is, everything a guild member does reflects on the guild.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Donkey made the best posts I ever saw in this thread. Long but still enough to get me reading with good info :')

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

I think this one. carrier going truo walls is the same as teleporting.

I played ctf last time. And my opponent told "omg teleporter. Wtf".