Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
This isn't an attack on anyone's guild, the issue is the larger the guild, the higher the overhead required when doing anything with it or its members.

If I didn't have a penalty (restricting adds or removing from top guilds), the guild size wouldn't change which defeats the purpose.

Looks like if we're counting 500 members for top guild, doubling that for total members would be fair. This may be moot anyway, I can probably do some internal analysis to see what guild counts look like if we removed any non-officers from the guild that hasn't logged in in 30d, 60d, 90d, etc.

-ALS
Isn't that exactly what old lb did, showed.activity at x days? So you know those numbers. The issue I have with this, is this-
Inactive players do lb no good, that's what people complained about, and you fixed it. And tbh I don't care if they help lb or not. Nor do they affect other guilds.
It's plain as the nose on the face, that at 75% activity in a 30 day span, my guild currently runs over a 1000 members active every month, here's my issue. On a very regular basis, someone who has been gone a while, comes back, and says, haven't been on in a while, what's going on, what's new, etc etc, says hi to peeps, and gets back into the flow of the game. And they can ask that question where they were, and still be a part of what they were, with the people they knew, when they stopped playing, and mostly inevitably, return.
If you wish to halt further recruitment due to your maintenance or management issues, that's fine Freeze us. Inevitable attrition will lower numbers, and I will trim as needed, but penalizing the active by removing lb status is unfair, to say the least.
Is there a way for u to tag an inactive member as such, to put to the side let's say, together yet apart, so maintenance doesn't have to be done with them? We know it affects lb zero, if they aren't on rn they dont count. Tbh I would be content with removing say, 90 day+ inactive, if I knew the first thing they saw when returning was an automatic invite to return to the guild they were removed from due to game mechanics.. Three months is nothing. It's summer school, it's a newborn, divorce, sickness, it's...life.
Show a guild count overall, show active status, inactive status at x number, pigeonhole the inactive, where they go into a pile and no maintenance needs to be done to them til they dust off the character and log in? Had a member have a baby, told me he was going to be gone an uncertain amount of time, had no idea when or if he would return... I told him he would still be here when he returned. He did. Six months later. Shared his stories, with his friends, with what to him, online at least, were his friends. We are a family guild, and act that way. Find a way to do that, and I will happily trim 90 day inactive, if I had a place to put them, besides out on the street. Cuz that's not good for my guild, or the game. Imagine it's you, logged in after you just been gone a while for whatever reason, years long player to find yourself being noplace once again, like a nab.
Yes I've cut people. Thousands, literally. Doesn't mean that a player who has years invested in the game, is og and op, should just be tossed. I'll say it again. 1k isn't enough. Letal was that plus of active, I am over 1k of active. I know of several other guilds that are over that as well. Raise it. Please. As much as you can and allow reasonable maintenance. Or find a way to separate them without cutting them. Off my soapbox now.