Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback: Guild Size

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,478 Posts

Default Feedback: Guild Size

Some of our guilds are waaaaay too big. Hindsight is 20/20, and we should have had a guild limit initially, but we didn't, and I need to deal with this issue soon. I'd like to set a limit on guild size and am thinking of 500-1000 players max. Once we settle on the limit, you can continue to have the number of members you have now, but you will not be able to add any members (at a minimum) until your guild member count is less than the maximum size. Other limitations may occur if the player count is over the maximum guild size such as the guild not being able to participate in the Top Guilds leaderboard if over the guild size limit.

Thoughts?

-ALS

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to asommers For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

750, if guild ranking is based off the top 500 players then we should have atleast 250 slots for players who want to join the guild who have very low stats.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

+1 to this remi i don't think having the most aps and active within 7 days does make the best guild ( no hate directed at anybody) say your a premium/ high end player looking for other players to run lb , timed dungeons / or even professionally farm e sunk which is mainly what people are looking for in a guild these days (5-6) yrs gm experience, these proficient players youd be looking for can be found in the top ranking guilds previously and for the most part will remain this way / IA , CU , and DM in particular have an abundance of top teir aps / leaderboard runners / and yes even sunk farmers for the more active ones , i believe guilds with 2-3 k members should have to downsize like top guilds had to before to make high lb / not just downsize but to also remove their inactives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

@asommers I dont see what's the need of making limit to a guild size. If they can handle the 1k+ members then is np. How will that benefit game community?anyway personally wouldn't hurt in anyway the guild I'm in but maybe others guild would mind.

This has nothing to do with guild lb rankings lol. @Insanityrises

Στάλθηκε από το LDN-L21 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Voicing my opinion just like yourself , cheers mate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts

between 750 and 1000 is good imo

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InsanitrisesAL View Post
    +1 to this remi i don't think having the most aps and active within 7 days does make the best guild ( no hate directed at anybody) say your a premium/ high end player looking for other players to run lb , timed dungeons / or even professionally farm e sunk which is mainly what people are looking for in a guild these days (5-6) yrs gm experience, these proficient players youd be looking for can be found in the top ranking guilds previously and for the most part will remain this way / IA , CU , and DM in particular have an abundance of top teir aps / leaderboard runners / and yes even sunk farmers for the more active ones , i believe guilds with 2-3 k members should have to downsize like top guilds had to before to make high lb / not just downsize but to also remove their inactives
    Yeah , Guild activity should add points and inactivity should decrease points .

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Enetry For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts

750 or 800 should be alright

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    Some of our guilds are waaaaay too big. Hindsight is 20/20, and we should have had a guild limit initially, but we didn't, and I need to deal with this issue soon. I'd like to set a limit on guild size and am thinking of 500-1000 players max. Once we settle on the limit, you can continue to have the number of members you have now, but you will not be able to add any members (at a minimum) until your guild member count is less than the maximum size. Other limitations may occur if the player count is over the maximum guild size such as the guild not being able to participate in the Top Guilds leaderboard if over the guild size limit.

Thoughts?

-ALS
    Yes thoughts. Why? I am getting pms and messaging, from a certain guild, both publicly and privately, ( bet you are too now that I see this) that will remain nameless, how they dropped and my guild are nabs because of our size, and why are we on lb, etc. Took 1.5 years to build this guild to this size, and we include anyone who meets level reqs. You already made it more exclusive by counting only the top 500 players, and I get that. Keeps it a level playing field. But now because guilds allow members to leave game and come as they choose, you want to limit that?? Firstly. This is specifically targeted towards Bellum, as being the largest top 10 guild. You would be building rules of exclusion, not inclusion. How can this be good for the game? Limits on who is counted, I get. It gives a border. Limits on who can be where? Pointless. Elitist as well. Your 500 cap does exactly as intended, the number of people over that is irrelevant. My 500 members counted will have to work as well, moreso, because I allow freedom. Game is supposed to be a place to have fun, be active, enjoy. Be with your friends, even if you take a break. That builds game loyalty. That is a reason to return to this game out of the very many out there when rl intrudes, or you don't like an event. The nameless guild mentioned previous cuts after one week offline, hate to get sick or take a break... Anyway, That's the guild I built. And you are going to make me cut players to be on lb? Entity also meets over max as number one as well. And are also recruiting, as is every guild, as it always will be. I still have to draw 500 online within the week like everyone else. With more casual players as well. Because in my guild, they don't 'have' to live here in order to count. More importantly, you know what the next step will be for every one of those guilds? Get bigger. Because my guild is already there, big fat and happy, we get cut or they don't count?? This is a rule tailored for a purpose, and particular people. Not to enhance gameplay, in any shape, manner, or form.

Itsed, Master of Bellum

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fkned For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

If a concern is about a single guild becoming one giant superstore btw, and must add a limit, I don't believe you are thinking high enough at 1k. Letal was over that previously, as a top lb guild, and nobody complained, or felt they monopolized the game. The purpose of the lb change was to remove the stagnation. Not form it in another direction. 1250-1500 is where imo you should be at a max if you must implement at all. By nature, big guilds are active, and activity is the point I believe. It allows room to take and build new players,+keep alts in the guild you wish to be in as well.
    Itsed, Master of Bellum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thoughts? Why do we worry about guild size? Why are we setting limit? What is the purpose if you already set the requirement for guild ranking? Top 500 active players. So... why do we even have to limit the number of players in a guild and include it in the requirements to be in lb? Just because some guilds are waaaaay too big? So what? People are free to choose whichever guild they want to settle in. In our guild, people come and go. They are free. How is "sorry our guild is full sound to you? Please think about this carefully. Because for some players, it's unfair.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Yennah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Disagree to this because it only ranks top 500
    Size is irrelevant, set a cap at 10k like most things in game
    Being in a huge guild means have huge activity
    30-50 Legends always online, 100+ During birthday event
    This would crush our community we work so hard to build
    Guilds shouldn't have to down size, to meet requirements

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Dummluck For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post

Thoughts?

-ALS

Bellum has been dealing with all sorts of bullying since the new leaderboard, people have a problem with such a large guild being on leaderboard. "No names" but we all see them complaining about it.

If sts submits to the whining then we will simply see it really isn't a fair system. Size should be a choice, we just have different waves of active peeps. And we have the pros, we have the noobs, and we have all ages from kids to elderly here, and even special needs people here. We are the melting pot of Arlor if you ask me.

The thing about guilds is they should be inclusive-its 2023 yall. Bellum is a family type guild. We have all types of people, and all types of gamers. The guild that would be targeted by a size cap would be Bellum. It appears to me, that not only are we being targeted by jealous players, but now also the devs? Please tell me how that's not what happening here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

I really like the way how descent the members/gm of top guilds posting their opinion. Idk who are those that bullying these guild holding atm top spots or if it really happened, but to be clear noone from CU is one of them. Feel that I need to say this cause maybe some think that previous rank1 guild would be the ones.
    We don't care abt guild lb. rank1 came naturally through just playing a game while having fun.
    As I mentioned I don't mind abt size of guild, but sinse they add a reward on rank1 there should be some limits.
    Maybe u can consider that sts just removed guild lb cause in its previous form it was easily broken by ppl dummy farming and bottling hauntlet. We saw ppl got 3-7days banned cause that reason in the past.
    And this new lb is a mini weekly event.
    Idk if this would make u guys feel any better.
    Anyway guilds are the same no matter algorythm of lb has changed. Cu wasn't better than entity before and ain't worse guild now.
    Cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The new guild member cap discussion is ridiculous. The 500 that makes the Ap list will have to work as hard no matter how many members a guild have (given both guilds have 500 players). If two teams have a starting lineup and a full bench. Why should it matter that one of the teams have 150 more club members that does not cut it to match day. It’s so wird that the argument “they have more players” holds any ground at all when the point system is based on a limited amount of players🤦*♂️🤦*♂️🤦*♂️🤦*♂️

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why restricte guild number what do you think it's going to achieve the lb has been adjusted and even with this restricted guild allowance inplace its not going to affect the current lb standing .
    Why are u pandering to some of the old stale guild who think that it's there right to be on top as that's how it's been for the last 10 years . Now this new system is in place they been left judged and found inadequate that's there fault not sts they sould have been more open and let fresh blood in from start . It's there fault there guild are low in numbers as they closed the doors keeping there guild small . Now there crying about guild numbers they have always been allowed to have as many as they wanted in guild they just refuse to let ppl in . Now they want to have restrictions put on guild who open there doors for anyone allowed ppl in and now have mass numbers .
    So don't place restrictions on guild numbers now there no point it won't change the new lb in anyway at all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

This isn't about targeting any particular guild to you guys complaining but i will say the majority of complaints about this discussion are due to the fact that it would no longer benifit you / yall / your guild ect , thats all ty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Again this will not effect LB standings, so it does not effect our ranking
    This effects our community in which we built to be the most active guild in AL
    What this does is make us remove 750+ members to be evaluated for LB
    It's cutting our community in half, imagine telling half your guild goodbye
    Tbh you couldn't imagine that bc majority of guild only have 200-600 members
    Instead of setting a cap, why not accept the new system and start recruiting
    Over time Majority of guilds will have 500+ members to be evaluated for LB

25.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #19
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,478 Posts

This isn't an attack on anyone's guild, the issue is the larger the guild, the higher the overhead required when doing anything with it or its members.

If I didn't have a penalty (restricting adds or removing from top guilds), the guild size wouldn't change which defeats the purpose.

Looks like if we're counting 500 members for top guild, doubling that for total members would be fair. This may be moot anyway, I can probably do some internal analysis to see what guild counts look like if we removed any non-officers from the guild that hasn't logged in in 30d, 60d, 90d, etc.

-ALS

26. The Following User Says Thank You to asommers For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Lvl cap for aps to be counted is still 40+?
    There are few ppl that joins a guild with low lvl alt just to chat/merch so maybe those can be excluded of guild members cap?