Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback: Guild Size

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    This isn't an attack on anyone's guild, the issue is the larger the guild, the higher the overhead required when doing anything with it or its members.

If I didn't have a penalty (restricting adds or removing from top guilds), the guild size wouldn't change which defeats the purpose.

Looks like if we're counting 500 members for top guild, doubling that for total members would be fair. This may be moot anyway, I can probably do some internal analysis to see what guild counts look like if we removed any non-officers from the guild that hasn't logged in in 30d, 60d, 90d, etc.

-ALS
    Isn't that exactly what old lb did, showed.activity at x days? So you know those numbers. The issue I have with this, is this-
    Inactive players do lb no good, that's what people complained about, and you fixed it. And tbh I don't care if they help lb or not. Nor do they affect other guilds.
    It's plain as the nose on the face, that at 75% activity in a 30 day span, my guild currently runs over a 1000 members active every month, here's my issue. On a very regular basis, someone who has been gone a while, comes back, and says, haven't been on in a while, what's going on, what's new, etc etc, says hi to peeps, and gets back into the flow of the game. And they can ask that question where they were, and still be a part of what they were, with the people they knew, when they stopped playing, and mostly inevitably, return.
    If you wish to halt further recruitment due to your maintenance or management issues, that's fine Freeze us. Inevitable attrition will lower numbers, and I will trim as needed, but penalizing the active by removing lb status is unfair, to say the least.
    Is there a way for u to tag an inactive member as such, to put to the side let's say, together yet apart, so maintenance doesn't have to be done with them? We know it affects lb zero, if they aren't on rn they dont count. Tbh I would be content with removing say, 90 day+ inactive, if I knew the first thing they saw when returning was an automatic invite to return to the guild they were removed from due to game mechanics.. Three months is nothing. It's summer school, it's a newborn, divorce, sickness, it's...life.
    Show a guild count overall, show active status, inactive status at x number, pigeonhole the inactive, where they go into a pile and no maintenance needs to be done to them til they dust off the character and log in? Had a member have a baby, told me he was going to be gone an uncertain amount of time, had no idea when or if he would return... I told him he would still be here when he returned. He did. Six months later. Shared his stories, with his friends, with what to him, online at least, were his friends. We are a family guild, and act that way. Find a way to do that, and I will happily trim 90 day inactive, if I had a place to put them, besides out on the street. Cuz that's not good for my guild, or the game. Imagine it's you, logged in after you just been gone a while for whatever reason, years long player to find yourself being noplace once again, like a nab.
    Yes I've cut people. Thousands, literally. Doesn't mean that a player who has years invested in the game, is og and op, should just be tossed. I'll say it again. 1k isn't enough. Letal was that plus of active, I am over 1k of active. I know of several other guilds that are over that as well. Raise it. Please. As much as you can and allow reasonable maintenance. Or find a way to separate them without cutting them. Off my soapbox now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Btw, trim 90 day inactive through the game with an auto invite to return to where they were and yes, I will shut up ��

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Why should there be a guild limit? Guilds have always been about being the biggest and 'best' putting a cap on guilds is unfair to all players who want to participate but cant because they're forced to leave or can't join.

The reason people are asking for a guild cap is from pure jealousy of the success of other big guilds who have worked extremely hard for what they have achieved.

I say let the players choose and let them decide which guild they want, as we're the ones playing the game, its been this way for years and all of a sudden a few players cry and now its a topic.

All the best

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Isn't that the whole point of a guild to be the biggest and best?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Some people may know me as a long time officer of Bellum. Myself and many others have put in countless hours of our time to make our guild what it is, capping it at 1k or even less would spoil the spirit that made us big as we are. We have people who do seasonal lbs, event lbs, evg lbs, you name it, we do it, because our guild environment is friendly and warm with no requirements on their time. We are people who play because we truly enjoy the concept of this game, play with whoever you want, whenever you want and do whatever you want. Only the top 500 aps get counted and activity. Previously high lb guilds horded high score players only, makes game play feel like a job, you must earn you spot, you must grind all day, ect. We are huge, no arguments, but we dont have all the requirements others do on how to spend their time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Why did you guys reworked it? Keeping the old style just changing the requirements of being level 40+ and last 7 days online would have totally fixed it and removed dead guilds from the lb . Add some borders to kdrs so people who dummy farm don’t have an advantage.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

If the goal is more activity in AL, shouldn't the metrics measured be each guild's APs achieved that week and total hours spent playing maps and events? And additional points for current week's total event banners and badges and lb winners? I think your list would look very different if we measure what playing actually occurred each week versus tabulating APs up to 10 years old.

This new system rewards historical achievement, not current activity. Any guild who recruits players with lots of historical APs will rise to the top, not the guild with the most dedicated players grinding every day and building community.

To choose 500 players as the pool to be evaluated seems an odd choice to me when only 2 of the 50 leaderboard guilds come close to fulfilling that requirement. Are there even enough active players currently running AL to fill 50 guilds to 500 players? Again, if increased gaming activity is the goal, why not make the calculation pool requirement a set number of hours for each character or account running Arlor maps or events rather than such an arbitrary number of guild members? There are tons of players afk for hours and even days in towns, houses and guildhalls all over the game; players just logging in or those sitting idle mean nothing to the guild or our community.

It is those players actually playing this great game every day for hours that builds friendships and great guilds that last. Those great guilds that work hard and earn the love of their players and last for years will continue to thrive because of those bonds, regardless of where they land on this leaderboard. I hope you rethink what you're actually rewarding with this new calculation method, because it certainly isn't anything that matters if we want to have 50 active guilds having fun and attracting and retaining new players every day.

Ok'Tal Prisonㅤ Youtube:ㅤㅤ Gaming Apostle JㅤGuild:ㅤ <Apostle>
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

2.5k max, big guilds in AL is cool

LINKS CAN HACK YOU, now visit the wiki ;D
    https://arcanelegends.fandom.com/wik...e_Legends_Wiki

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Immortal_Blood For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Feedback: Guild Size

Adding a limit in guild size sounds like a good idea. It might be better if the guildmaster itself be the one to add a guild cap (like an additional feature that only the gm can execute where he/she can set the guild cap to a particular number or disable it if he/she don’t want to add a limit). Again, players are free to choose what guild they want to join for as long as they meet the requirements of the guild that they will be joining and the guild itself can accommodate and is pleased to have them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

I have a question regarding the size and player count for Lb.
    If a guild has 1k players, is it more likely to have 500 or more players online than a guild with only 500 players?
    Because the new algorithm would mainly count online players.
    I mean should the limit be 500 if the count for Lb is 500?
    To make it more equitable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    I have a question regarding the size and player count for Lb.
    If a guild has 1k players, is it more likely to have 500 or more players online than a guild with only 500 players?
    Because the new algorithm would mainly count online players.
    I mean should the limit be 500 if the count for Lb is 500?
    To make it more equitable.
    Guild activity, it would only count 500 of the highest ap players online, it wouldn't really chance lb much since lb is more about activity than what people have individually imo.
    If it was about what people have then they wouldn't do the 1 week in the guild to count towards aps thing. Lb should just be based on the most active guilds having the most players online, no one really cares about what others have, we are all normal people behind phone screens at the end of the day.
    Rather be in an active guild with new / decent players than an inactive guild with old pros. Having a 1k limit would be nice. There won't be guild rules like "must be active every day and have x aps to stay". They will have 500 extra people to rely on.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

What I mean is, it is more likely to have 500 players online in a guild of 1k players, than in a guild of 500 players.
    In that case they should make the Lb in 1k of players the same as the limit in 1k, or simpler 500 for Lb and 500 maximum.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

put 500 maximum, so there will be more guilds competing and guilds will not stagnate with 700 dead players and top 20 or something like that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Angelaxd View Post
    put 500 maximum, so there will be more guilds competing and guilds will not stagnate with 700 dead players and top 20 or something like that
    no, i disagree , sorry.

- 2.5k allowed.

ALS, make script that removes inactive members then house mails them which triggers a guild invite when they open it.

also, I guess it could say, "welcome back, you've been gone a while and so you have been removed from <guild>. An invitation to join back has been sent, check alerts."

- kinda Baron's idea; evolved. lol

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal_Blood View Post
    no, i disagree , sorry.

- 2.5k allowed.

ALS, make script that removes inactive members then house mails them which triggers a guild invite when they open it.

also, I guess it could say, "welcome back, you've been gone a while and so you have been removed from <guild>. An invitation to join back has been sent, check alerts."

- kinda Baron's idea; evolved. lol
    why do you want so many? nor that everyone played

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Angelaxd View Post
    why do you want so many? nor that everyone played
    1. Because me and some friends spent a long time recruiting players to the guild

2. Because a guild member limit of 500 will mean nobody can join nor recruit players into my guild, because I'm not kicking anyone and I'm the only officer, unless of course a script as mentioned above is added to which point the entire guild will probably be deleted XD

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal_Blood View Post
    1. Because me and some friends spent a long time recruiting players to the guild

2. Because a guild member limit of 500 will mean nobody can join nor recruit players into my guild, because I'm not kicking anyone and I'm the only officer, unless of course a script as mentioned above is added to which point the entire guild will probably be deleted XD
    It is not mandatory that you recruit more than 2000 people, it is not necessary that you put the whole community in your guild, months go by and the more you recruit others will leave or die for months and years in the guild, only take out those who have been inactive for a long time and put new

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    590 Posts

300-500 seems more than enough. A guild master should know who is in their guild. A smaller size will encourage removing inactive players in favor of active ppl. An auto remove after 90 days to save time going through the list.

Other games I play have caps. Auto replace inactive guild master to next high ranking player.
    I’ve been in 1k+ member guilds and 200 member guilds. All had about the same amount of ppl online at any moment... 20-50 ppl at most.

One guild had 100+ afk officers...
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Sinse u wanna do a penalty to oversized guilds u can maybe do a random count between all active members to get those 500 for aps count? Or maybe max members to be counted will be 450.
    They don't deserve of being totally disqualified from lb.
    Idk if this can work in any way. For sure they will lose their max possible rank points, and will get a much lower total aps.
    Just a thought not sure if it's OK for entity and bellum

Στάλθηκε από το LDN-L21 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

+1 Making it 500 - 800 seems fair enough

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Hexame For This Useful Post: