Thread: Rework war skills or gear for survival

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Default Rework war skills or gear for survival

I can get nuked through jug and glow by both rogues and mages. Through meph and jug. Nekro is useless. Glow is useless. Meph is useless. So damage reduction and shields are useless. What is the point of being a tank if I can't tank? I don't care that I struggle to kill them but survival is kinda the point of being a tank. How do I cover when I'm being 1 hit by both mages and rogues? Damage has advanced to a point that exceeds all defenses. Even horns 3 second shield is useless against an 6 second proc... If I wanted to be a glass cannon I would be a rogue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

In pvp these days, I reckon some mages are even tankier than tanks, thanks to their much longer duration shield which not only shields them completely from damage for the initial few seconds, but it also reduces the damage they take for the entire duration like glow aa. Tanks easily die to other classes, most especially rogues. I think best way to sort of mitigate this during clashes is to use horn then right after the invulnerability shield wears out, activate glow aa for additional invulnerability time. But when that's in cd, gg.

Ok'Tal Prisonㅤ Youtube:ㅤㅤ Gaming Apostle JㅤGuild:ㅤ <Apostle>
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

uh oh. this sounds bad lol

eh anyway check these from community suggestions list bro:

<LOW PRIORITY> - Skills revamp
    https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...?618632-Skills
    https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...hot-ult-damage
    This one is mine - https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?649685-Skills-Re-vamp-Suggestion-In-depth-PvE
    I mention -
    - Juggernaut- Taunt effect should be larger, stun resist should apply without charging.
    Why buff: Warrior role is to protect the team, very hard to avoid stuns, rogue razor shield applies anti-stun without charging.
    - Vengeful Blood- STR gained from this skill should be % based, not base.
    Why buff: 50 STR is insignificant to someone with 2000, will give even damage throughout all levels with regards to how much STR someone has (an experienced warrior should know how to activate blood more effectively.)
    -
    Rallying Cry- Should increase damage reduction by 20% instead of 5%.
    Why buff: Barely used in PvE.
    ..And more..
    https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...ew-Skills-Idea
    https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...-Shot-Ultimate
    https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...7177-Ascension
    https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...ll-suggestion!

LINKS CAN HACK YOU, now visit the wiki ;D
    https://arcanelegends.fandom.com/wik...e_Legends_Wiki

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Right now I can't kill a well geared mage at all. Shield, heal, meph and add in h garlic they start the cycle all over. There is a short window of a couple seconds when they are vulnerable but I'm usually not able to take advantage of it. Any skilled mage can keep me at bay or stun me when they cd. Oh and that mythic gun is broken. Almost no cd and proc can kill through jug. Even if I survive the first proc it will get me the second. I need jug and horn to survive the proc. Can't save one for the second proc. Same with the well geared rogues. When kraken bow procs it doesn't matter if you have jug and pet aa your dead, I have to use heal and jug to survive. Then your vulnerable for a loooong time. Several of my op mage friends actually got bored in pvp because there is no challenge, it's not fun when you can kill everyone easily. In a clash it's a riot when a good mage dies then on rejoin nukes the whole team.

Any way, as a tank I want to cover and support the team but when I have to use all my skills and pet aa at once that isn't happening. Also armor is useless. Everyone has pets and procs that debuff armor. I go from 9k to 2.5 when someone stacks a passive armor reducing pet and something else like a weapon proc or skill. Yes 2.5k. If I want to stay at the cap I need 4x the armor cap. So 32k armor? That isn't happening either.

To sum up, assuming everyone has a similar gear level, a war can't tank properly or do enough damage to kill the opponent first. I just want a way to keep my team alive and fighting.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to capeo For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Agreeing to all what Cap is saying. Tank feels so bad in PvP Zones these days. Getting rushed through Jugg in seconds does not feel that good. Also youre not able to compete in vs. Tested alot, didnt worked out…

Greetings from a friend
    -Pvmpkins

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Vvaffe For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

There is just one thing needed for tank. Let jugg remove debuffs (like wind mastery from mage). The only reason why tanks are so squishy in pvp are the armor debuffs of various of pet passives and kraken weapon. No wonder why tanks with 5-6k armor dies…addition to that, their damage will increase because of the removing debuffs. This also force mages and rogs to panic and use skills faster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Balenciaqa For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Balenciaqa View Post
    There is just one thing needed for tank. Let jugg remove debuffs (like wind mastery from mage). The only reason why tanks are so squishy in pvp are the armor debuffs of various of pet passives and kraken weapon. No wonder why tanks with 5-6k armor dies…addition to that, their damage will increase because of the removing debuffs. This also force mages and rogs to panic and use skills faster

Isn't that how jug is supposed to work would be great if it actually did that.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to capeo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

If they’d give warriors an extra 50% armor increase in all gear, and a small jug buff I’d think it be a little more balanced. Thoughts?

Edit: The jug buff could be as simple as removing all debuff effects for 4-6 seconds so it wouldn’t be “overkill”

Last edited by THE GOLDEN KING; 01-15-2023 at 03:51 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to THE GOLDEN KING For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THE GOLDEN KING View Post
    If they’d give warriors an extra 50% armor increase in all gear, and a small jug buff I’d think it be a little more balanced. Thoughts?

+1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

I won't disagree with buff I would like to see jug actually clear the debuffs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

I would like to see a war buff in general it’s the least played class for the moment.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

Miss the good old pvp 67 where mostly tainted and drag sword no crazy damage boosting proc everyone almost same stats since tainted set are in use