Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2023 Letter to the Community

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,166 Posts

Default 2023 Letter to the Community

Happy New Year, Legends!

We haven't done a 'Letter to the Community' in a couple of years but we're back after it this year and very proud to bring you this special message to kick-off 2023!

A BRIEF LOOK BACK

2022 was full of fun and exciting updates for all of our Legendary realms!

Arcane Legends got some especially exciting updates like the challenging "Hyberian Labyrinth" event, the fun and social Birthday event, and an arsenal of powerful Pet Companions and Arcane equipment for Level 81!

Support for Character Skin Tones was also added to Arcane Legends, vastly increasing the palette of customization options. And we improved multi-week events to support multiple week-long Leaderboard and Tier rewards!

It was a great year in many respects! Full of great feedback, features, and fixes... and we're confident that 2023 will capitalize on all the good stuff.

THE PITFALLS

This 'Letter to the Community' provides us the opportunity to acknowledge issues that we have had over the last couple of years. We have had usability problems (Mythic 81's), balance problems (Eating Machine, Kraken Battle), false starts (Halloween) and bad stops (Winter Week 3), as well as controversial and confusing vanity themes.

This letter also affords us the chance to let you know that the entire Spacetime team is aware of your feedback and we are fully committed to addressing these issues!

We learned a lot from your feedback on the Level 81 Mythic Zodias weaponry. Those weapons' use of charge-to-activate procs was, at its worst, disenfranchising for players with slow connections and, at best, extremely divisive. Your feedback was instrumental in improving the Zodias Mythic experience and pushing the more recent Arcane Kraken Battle gear back to basics with more popular and much more usable mechanics.

Gear imbalances created a cascade of issues with a particularly negative impact on Leaderboards. To guard against these sorts of problems in the future we invested significant time and resources last year into upgrading the Spacetime Engine to include new combat balance tools. These new tools allow us to take all manner of gear into account when assessing damage output, survivability and overall effectiveness. We plan to double-down on this investment in 2023.

On the subject of event timing, the Technology team has added new safeguards to ensure that event start and end times are set correctly so that we can avoid issues like starting Halloween in September and ending Winter Week 3 half a day early!

Lastly, with respect to thematic issues with cosmetics: the Spacetime Design and Art teams have re-structured the way they work together in light of your comments and constructive feedback. While Arcane Legends is still not your typical 'medieval magic' MMO and includes elements that transcend time, we need to put a lot more effort into building the world of Arlor. Expect that this year's event reward and loot offerings to be much more inspiring than the recent past!

THE PLANS

2023 is loaded with exciting plans for Arcane Legends: new gameplay, new events, new pets, new equipment, new vanities and our first steps towards Arcane Legends' Level 86 Campaign (now in early pre-production)!

We are developing a new gear slot (Bracelet) and at least one new vanity slot (for which there are several potential choices) for Arcane Legends. The Bracelet is currently planned to debut in late February / early March. Production of the new vanity slot has only just begun and we haven't settled on a specific time-frame to target its release... but we'll let you know soon!

Events-wise the team is already hard at work on "The Year of the Rabbit" for our Lunar New Year's celebration and new concepts for 2023's "Lovecrafting!"

For our competitive Legends, the timed Leaderboard challenges throughout the realm will be cranked-up to endgame difficulty (later this week) while the lack of challenge in certain endgame settings will also be addressed (in the coming months).

To further entertain our most skilled Legends we are developing "Arcane Dungeon" content. This will revolve around exceptionally difficult encounters and will be engineered to challenge OP endgame parties with best pets and expert strategy!

For our more casual Legends we are developing more brand-new events including the "Scavenger Hunt" event - which we started working on but didn't finish last year. We still love the concept of scouring the realm to collect special items - so we're planning to take another swing at it in the coming months.

While the team is primarily focused on new content for Arcane Legends the Legacy Legends games (Pocket, Star and Dark Legends) will continue to see special yearly events, fixes and updates throughout the year! Expect periodic updates on these titles as 2023 progresses.

THE PEOPLE

This year Spacetime is putting effort into refreshing our marketing presence and investing in a variety of advertising tests that could possibly reach tons of new players! Late last year we began talks with representatives of our preferred platforms, sharing our roadmap and advertising strategy while getting their feedback on next steps. We are hopeful that we will see targeted efforts to promote Arcane Legends by mid-year.

But make no mistake: when it comes to games like ours the best promotion is word-of-mouth. If you know someone who would fit in to the realm, we hope that you invite them to join (and that you help them get their adventures started)!

And for those of you who've been around for a long time, hoping to get some recognition for your loyalty... rest assured that the Spacetime Team is looking for ways to acknowledge our distinguished long-time Legends in a special way! More information about this should hopefully be available before the Fall of 2023.

Thank you for your Legendary support, your honest and truthful feedback, and your never-ending awesomeness!

Best wishes,

- The Spacetime Development Team
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Thank you sts team! I hope a lot of fun this year

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I liked it, very good and congratulations for the good work unfortunately I was not lucky in the awak event I spent a lot of gold and I did not get what I expected in the blue awak, I never had luck in this game, now if you have a little time and can see the issue of inflation that sunken is causing For the whole community, it's good to have gold loot weapons, super expensive artifacts that are almost inaccessible, apart from a harsh long-term inflation, worse in vanity and etc..

cheers!

-Dougim

Enviado de meu SM-G770F usando o Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

When can we expect to see some changes from the community suggestions list be implemented in the game? Also I can’t wait to see this new gear and vanity slot. And plat sale pls?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Thank you STS team for all you have done. Not many games get to see 10+ years. Although I am a Star Legends main, it is always nice to see the team still proactive especially for as long as STS has been a thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    For our competitive Legends, the timed Leaderboard challenges throughout the realm will be cranked-up to endgame difficulty (later this week) while the lack of challenge in certain endgame settings will also be addressed (in the coming months).
    Thanks for the message Cinco! When you say "while the lack of challenge in certain endgame settings will also be addressed (in the coming months)." could you maybe be referring to potentially adding Honor timed runs, or is this something separate?
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

Oofs, a long read! I did it tho. I have hope peppered with apprehensive wondering what will come.
    It’s a new year, a new oakleaf to be turned. A new beginning. Huzzah!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Being honest your other legends games have died long ago. Its time to let them rest and pool all your resources into just arcane legends. This game has a lot of potential but your wasting time and effort on keeping those other games running.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Urmarj For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Urmarj View Post
    Being honest your other legends games have died long ago. Its time to let them rest and pool all your resources into just arcane legends. This game has a lot of potential but your wasting time and effort on keeping those other games running.
    +1 exactly

Enviado de meu SM-G770F usando o Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Great news!
    AL is honestly such a fun game.

Great decisions has been made in 2022. I am playing since 2013, and you guys are making this game so fun that I still do not wanna stop playing.

Maby only thing that I think was bad in 2022 are the insanely broken OP kraken daggers and that the other kraken weapons were very weak at the beginning.
    What I mean is like next time you are working on a weapon make sure you test it and make sure it is balanced..

Other than that last year was great, had alot of fun, thank you STS for making this game last for over 10 years this is crazy!
    @Asommers @Remiem @Chessbunny @Futumsh and especially to @Cinco.

Btw, about level 86 expansion, I really hope the theme would be Greek Mythology!
    I can imagine how cool would it be to have weapons for our 3 classes inspired by the big 3 Greek gods; Zeus, Poseidon & Hades!
    Possible enemies: Medusa, Minotaur, Cyclope, Centaur and other tons of options.
    please consider that theme
    Last edited by Synergia; 01-12-2023 at 07:12 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Synergia For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Hopefully another forum contest like “Tour of Arlor” will coming back this year!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

why we got banned for 1 month on forum ? when we were addressing the real problems and how you guys messed up .

whole 81 cap we spent waiting for arcanes and when it released , meh .

i remember during early cap , cinco said 81 arcanes were already done but little fixes before they release but guess what ?

released arcane armor before temple to maximize profit , next released on Halloween . literally 1 year past for new arcanes and now already 86 cap . really messed up

same goes for spirit gears , broken and unbalance at some point .

THIS is what happened when game's try to create ARTIFICIAL SCARCITY .

Fix your rng .

right now its more like , buy plat = 100% luck buff

hope this comment get deleted but atleast you saw it .

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Lots of good stuff in this letter. As always, the transparency is very appreciated and I'm really excited to see what 2023 brings!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    228 Posts

Finally us old players getting something can't wait 2013 here it's been a fun one that's for sure thanks devs and especially justg real legend :3
    people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I think it's time that you guys should add a new category on pets section where it will be called "Limited". These type of pets can only be obtainable by buying the egg for 1.7k+ platinums. These pets will serve as a collection to all collectors and these type of eggs shouldn't drop from egg zavier(this type of pet shouldn't affect the achievement needed on pet aps in short it's just for flex purpose LOL). The only way to get this type of pets is by Limited time sale or put this on egg vendor that is available during egg zavier event so that you'll be able to make a good amount of money since the event is only available for 2 weeks. (Please put an effort into designing these pets so that lots of supporters will buy it to support your game even more)

That's all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Oh yeah, also what about the appreciation rewards to your supporters? When are you guys gonna start working on it? Just wondering. Maybe start with a reward for the players who bought a total of 10k platinums? Like a badge maybe? A platinum coin badge with an engraved 10k number might do I think and also this might encourage the other players to purchase 10k platinums too.

Then the next release of appreciation rewards will be after 6 months or a year/s maybe and it'll be a reward for players
    who purchased a total of 50k platinums? An Aura or vanity will be great for this I think

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nathan2693 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

It was wonderful to read another letter to the community again this year from you Cinco.

Understanding from STS point of view, you the creators of our Legends Games, what you see occured this past year, to the mistakes you have learnt from, the roadmap for the future as well as advertising plans, is very exciting for Arcane Legends in particular.

I did notice the main focus was on Arcane Legends and deservingly so, considering this game is currently your most successful one and the bread winner.

As a dedicated Pocket Legends player, I just want to thank you and your team for continous hard work and efforts towards our game. Your commitment on the feedback you get from us on discord as well as forums.

We do love playing your games.

Thank you for entertaining us all these years.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

yes i do recommend my fav game to people i meet so far i sussesfully braight back quite afew old players that left the game .
    and this letter gets me excited for future of the game , reason being i kept asking for most of the advertising to start and i finally am glad its gonna happen . lets all work together to bring Al to new hights ,
    honorable suggestions for 2023;
    city maps graphics rework
    a user friendly guide for new players
    and last but not least , MORE HOUSE SLOTSSSSSSS

yours truly ,
    Happydino
    Ign :Happydino
    [CENTER][COLOR="#0000CD"][SIZE=3]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Synergia View Post
    Great news!
    AL is honestly such a fun game.

Great decisions has been made in 2022. I am playing since 2013, and you guys are making this game so fun that I still do not wanna stop playing.

Maby only thing that I think was bad in 2022 are the insanely broken OP kraken daggers and that the other kraken weapons were very weak at the beginning.
    What I mean is like next time you are working on a weapon make sure you test it and make sure it is balanced..

Other than that last year was great, had alot of fun, thank you STS for making this game last for over 10 years this is crazy!
    @Asommers @Remiem @Chessbunny @Futumsh and especially to @Cinco.

Btw, about level 86 expansion, I really hope the theme would be Greek Mythology!
    I can imagine how cool would it be to have weapons for our 3 classes inspired by the big 3 Greek gods; Zeus, Poseidon & Hades!
    Possible enemies: Medusa, Minotaur, Cyclope, Centaur and other tons of options.
    please consider that theme
    Bro imagine ROME , PvE arena honor lv 87 gladiator sets . With pits traps where lions attack u and stuff
    Ign :Happydino
    [CENTER][COLOR="#0000CD"][SIZE=3]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nathan2693 View Post
    Oh yeah, also what about the appreciation rewards to your supporters? When are you guys gonna start working on it? Just wondering. Maybe start with a reward for the players who bought a total of 10k platinums? Like a badge maybe? A platinum coin badge with an engraved 10k number might do I think and also this might encourage the other players to purchase 10k platinums too.

Then the next release of appreciation rewards will be after 6 months or a year/s maybe and it'll be a reward for players
    who purchased a total of 50k platinums? An Aura or vanity will be great for this I think
    As far i understand we might get more info about these type of rewards before fall but it’s not clear if is given only to supporters or only for loyal players to the game.

These rewards have been added on the community suggestion list as VIP Rewards under “major initiatives”.

I would also like to know more about this as well if it’s in the works or might take more time to be implemented. [mention]Cinco [/mention]