Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is mage too much meta?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Default Is mage too much meta?

I been wondering mage prices of items skyrocket and new players too in that class. In the same time there’s less and less wars playing. I personally don’t want to see a mage nerf bc I play the class most of the time^^. But for me warrior class should get positive benefits in a few ways. People have to play war again so the game doesn’t goes 1-2 class depending.

I’m happy to hear all your ideas towards this topic!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Oawaoebi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Ye i don't even understand why mage zaarus set is like 2-3x price of warrior set & the insane price rise on those sets in a few months from around 3-4 m per set to like 12-15m per zaarus set [Mage]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Because everyone is swirltching to mage

5. The Following User Says Thank You to capeo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

I notice now too so many player switch to mage class.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

War is kinda useless in esunk if he has no ulti.... While mage and rogue can kill boss without ulti, this is one of the biggest reason to switch class.

Sent from my RMX3381 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Be a big awkward, clumsy sloth like a war or be a sleek, beautiful specimen of a fighter like a mage. Its easy to understand . 😉

9. The Following User Says Thank You to chiiwawa For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

best area damage skills and insane single target damage
    + easy to play
    + great ults
    + shield ability

no reason to not play mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

So we figured now out that mage is the new class every farmer switches to.

What has to happen that people switch back to a cheaper class like war? Nerfing mage would make all switch to rogue.

Should the skills be reworked.

Should war get more insta damage procs like the zodias aegis.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by championboost View Post
    best area damage skills and insane single target damage
    + easy to play
    + great ults
    + shield ability

no reason to not play mage
    I agree with ares damage that’s what mage was created too. Single target is good but not too op can’t reach a rog. Yes on average runs in any maps it’s easy to play. Ults are ok energizer benefits all players in a positive way. Meteor is only useful on full proc on single target ( can almost onehit with mythics elite sunken) the shield ult no one uses. Shield is indeed very useful but there’s better combinations to use. For example instead of shield you are using gale it gives u 50% armor. A mage goes 7.5-8.5k armor then. U won’t die too fast but still can. With fake u don’t need fireball and can use curse for example. So to conclude with not using shield as a mage you are winning 1 extra skill point. Also we have to see that a mage has no dodge. While a rogue can dodge almost every hit and a war is so tanky to not die, the mage needs some kind of defense. Also with all that area damage you are getting taunt on you and that’s neither what you really want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gunstick View Post
    War is kinda useless in esunk if he has no ulti.... While mage and rogue can kill boss without ulti, this is one of the biggest reason to switch class.

Sent from my RMX3381 using Tapatalk
    Where do you see the problem. Is it in the warrior skills or the damage output? Some debuff would be cool I think but that’s smth magical and not class interested.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

To be honest its hard to balance the 3 class because they are different to each other in many aspect. There will be a one class that would be better.

I think just some adjustments to skills for war

Sent from my V2134 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

I like how people say wars have "bad " single target damage without ult when #1 hydra runs are solo wars because they have the best single target damage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Default Is mage too much meta?

Im glad you you are comparing every average war to 1-3. clap clap I don’t even have to argue against that. I know a rog who solos sunken in under 40 sec alone. Without ult! Now we need nerf rogue because there’s 1 rogue able to do it …… please keep nonsense arguments out of this thread. Don’t make u lose the rest of ur dignity ….

Use damage lixes octo fish tame and all of those. Mage adds curse and a war just needs lucky proc with zodias weapon. Basically it’s hyper gun/Marianos… just with insz. Activation. That’s the reason war is better for it atm. But I doubt people are using those elixirs over hours of farming in any other map. A leaderboard run is always faster bc Strategie is used and ppl take a moment and think how to do it.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oawaoebi View Post
    Im glad you you are comparing every average war to 1-3. clap clap I don’t even have to argue against that. I know a rog who solos sunken in under 40 sec alone. Without ult! Now we need nerf rogue because there’s 1 rogue able to do it …… please keep nonsense arguments out of this thread. Don’t make u lose the rest of ur dignity ….

Use damage lixes octo fish tame and all of those. Mage adds curse and a war just needs lucky proc with zodias weapon. Basically it’s hyper gun/Marianos… just with insz. Activation. That’s the reason war is better for it atm. But I doubt people are using those elixirs over hours of farming in any other map. A leaderboard run is always faster bc Strategie is used and ppl take a moment and think how to do it.

the best wars kill hydra faster solo without ult than 4 rogues together even if they had ult
    Last edited by championboost; 01-18-2023 at 12:37 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like how people say wars have "bad " single target damage without ult when #1 hydra runs are solo wars because they have the best single target damage
    no it’s because zodias sword is able to one shot a lvl 71 boss… shocker I know. Now check to see if any warrs can solo as fast as a mage or rogue with the new lb

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

Game literally and still recognize warr as tank sustain class while every expansion becoming heavily dependant on dmg boosting proc making each class role useless since everyone wants to solo everything and forgetting about their class roles and seems like devs support this way , mage dies quickly even if it has shield if mobs get around you'll die unless u can cycle w/ pets but that's different part , warr supposed to be tanking damage and taunting mobs away protecting protecting main dps while dealing fair amount of damage thats how i always see warrior i guess everyone just wanna solo everything nowadays

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

the best wars kill hydra faster solo without ult than 4 rogues together even if they had ult
    I know what you want to say warrior is too strong in some terms. And I agree there’s few players who play war better solo than than a full party of other class. But the wars gear is worth 1b+. What you need to explain me is, when war is so strong and op and is better for the lbs and gear is not too hard to find.

Why do people quit war class and chose to play mage for farming? I mean like u say the single target damage even without ult seems to be the best. You have much armor you don’t die and gear is cheap to get.

//

I personally say, have the opinion that it’s absolutely fine when people switch classes and decide to farm on another class because it’s stronger/makes more fun. But I merely see any wars with equipment higher than zaarus who play.

55% mages 35% rogues and 10% wars. That’s my count around pi. That with the next expansion classes get mixed by players again is for sure. Many players will get back to war or rog when the classes stay balanced. Will go 40% mages 40% rogues and 20% wars. But till then it’s 2-3 years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Well its very simple:
    Rogue is meant to deal damage but is weak in health
    Smurf is meant qs a support character for both the warrior and rogue by debuffing enemies and buffing allies
    Warrior is meant as a tank to take the aggro and tank all the damage while dealing some

This is how the caracters are originally implied but with the current gamestyle with potions, set effect, procs. etc. its useless for a character to be able to tank damage because most bosses will one shot anyway or they wont deal enough damage to kill even a rogue. So warrior dealing the least amount of damage is basically just in the way.

Also smurfs have shield and curse which makes them basically tanks with more damage so for warrior there is almost no reason to be there in that aspect as well. Its all game mechanics and playstyles that are making warrior more and more useless. Unless thered be a huge revamp of the entire game, I doubt this issue will resolve itself
    Formerly Cheackezig/Crigne

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

It's just because of smuggler rifle and haste working on auto attack speed of the mages.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall mages having that many adjustments compared to rogues and warriors, so I think they are the most balanced out of the 3. Mages have always been pretty versatile thanks to their skills. If you need more defense you can use gale or arcane shield. They also have a pretty easy time with triggering procs with their wide range of DoT and group damage abilities. With that being said, I don't think mages need a nerf. We're starting to see the current skill system show its age and it's in need of an update. We're seemingly shifting away from classes having dedicated roles, but the skills don't reflect that. Rogues and warriors have potential to be just as good, but the lack of skill choice isn't doing them any favors.