Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AL PvP Ideas?

Lady_Pebbles

Default AL PvP Ideas?

I believe this thread is in need of a big update. Below you will find the original post (quoted) with some links to other threads that have lots of ideas regarding PvP in generally all StS games. As far as AL goes, we will soon find out how its going to be. For the mean time lets give some more ideas and thoughts on what we'd like in AL or other StS mmos...

I would like to see a Guild vs Guild PvP (see link below) in a Tower Defense type of PvP. It would be to have an ultimately team based strategy PvP like Tower Defense be finally incorporated into their games! I'd also like to see built-in tournaments in the system... Both completed with achievements and maybe even prizes!

What about yall?

Quote Originally Posted by original post
    [
    I know that soon the game will be released and not much was said about PvP but I wanted to discuss the ideas in the threads listed below & the possibility of having those types of PvP in AL.

I think more ways to PvP would make AL even more interesting (hell probably true for all the Legends games). Lets face it, -just- a couple ways to PvP can get boring after a while so why not give us a variety to choose from?

Im curious what other ideas people come up with and hope to see some of these ideas already in game upon release or at least be in the works!

One things for sure, I hope the PvP aspect of the game is NOT in a turn based style. I honestly believe tuned based PvP should remain in text based and table top games... lol. #justsaying xD

Any other ideas for more types of PvP????

1-18-13 | Updated the thread since PvP might be released today.

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 01-18-2013 at 02:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Yeah i hope its not the "You ready? Say go!!! Goooo". i hope its like DL.
    Then we can truely have fun in pvp not wasting time.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Zero* For This Useful Post:

Lady_Pebbles

Hell yeah, if its similar to DL's PvP then it'll be hawt. Great way to kill the time instead of dragging by waiting on other people. If you're gonna be AFK and/or can't handle FFA type of PvP then either learn or don't PvP imo. x)

Lady_Pebbles

Seriously? No interest in this at all? lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Guild vs Guild would be hot.
    Take a regular map make it be like 12vs12, add some stuff like capture a tower and hold it. Or put 2 bosses in a castle and which ever kills boss first wins but you may have to deal with the other players too. Telling ya this would be epic.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Zero* For This Useful Post:

Lady_Pebbles

Ooo I like your ideas Zero! The tower defense type of PvP would be hawt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

IDC bout the nonsense go system in AL, I'm going FFA/Rushing the whole game XD
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaonabiuibil For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

plat pvp tourneys/matches

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Slant For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I would like no pvp XD

Thanks for the sig JeffSorrows!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Real free for all, no teams.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Yeah Every man/woman for themselves would be super awesome! I'd greatly love if it were not only implemented to AL, but DL as well.

PvP Builds DL Tourney
    "...the only thing we have to fear is fear itself..." -Franklin D. Roosevelt

16. The Following User Says Thank You to XchilangopwnX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

Ooo I like your ideas Zero! The tower defense type of PvP would be hawt.

Id never leave pvp if we had tower defense matches.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Dl pvp so lame you have to wait for people to join. Dont make it like Dl pvp, I hate having to wait for a full team for a match to begin. People usually leave because they hate waiting then we have to wait for someone else to join. It should be more like Pl pvp so you dont havw to wait and can pvp instantly if someone is there and dont have to wait

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ephesius For This Useful Post:

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by Ephesius:764173
    Dl pvp so lame you have to wait for people to join. Dont make it like Dl pvp, I hate having to wait for a full team for a match to begin. People usually leave because they hate waiting then we have to wait for someone else to join. It should be more like Pl pvp so you dont havw to wait and can pvp instantly if someone is there and dont have to wait

Strange, I've never had to really wait more than one or two mins (literally) for players to join. You have to get to know other players to get in on a lot of PvP matches. If anything, for me the rooms are always packed! Never had an issue with players joining.

Then maybe you'll see what we're talking about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

Strange, I've never had to really wait more than one or two mins (literally) for players to join. You have to get to know other players to get in on a lot of PvP matches. If anything, for me the rooms are always packed! Never had an issue with players joining.

Then maybe you'll see what we're talking about.

Two minutes is to long for me, the match should start when someone joins a game. And not everybody likes to get to know each other

Lady_Pebbles

Two mins is nothing lol. I mean compared to five, ten, or even twenty mins its really short amount of time. Try getting to know more pvp players so you can join matches.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

It's awkard if your not a talkative person waiting in a room with 2 ppl on your team and 1 guy on the other, not saying anything and waiting forever to fight when we couldve been fighting if it were like pocket legends pvp. Some people might like it but im sure most dont, hope arcane legends pvp system is not like dl but more like pl.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Ephesius For This Useful Post:

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by Ephesius:773397
    It's awkard if your not a talkative person waiting in a room with 2 ppl on your team and 1 guy on the other, not saying anything and waiting forever to fight when we couldve been fighting if it were like pocket legends pvp. Some people might like it but im sure most dont, hope arcane legends pvp system is not like dl but more like pl.

Maybe a combination of both styles of PvP would suffice?

For example, if they gave us a 1v1 PvP room then the "go?/go" turned based setting would work for some of those players. However, if they do inplement that, players like myself would be deemed a "rusher" because I play differently and prefer it that way.

I think a way to implement more choices on what type of PvP system we want to use would be great. Like when we are joining a DM match an option should popup with a check box saying something on the lines of: "Turned Based or Free For All?" Then under the options it will have a check box with "Automaticly choose this option every time?" This way the players can choose exactly the type of PvP they want when it comes to that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

No one barely plays 1v1 much it should be where anyone could join ( player limit 3 each team ) and being able to battle when they want to instead of having to wait in a locked square.

But anyways either way im not gonna care because I'll be the best pvper in Arcane legends since I'll install it on the first day and become rich and have all the best gear. But most people prefer pocket legends pvp more the dark legends cause dark legends pvp is so slow for it to start. And they should consider making it for amv6 and lower devices because the more people uncompatible then the less money it makes

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Ephesius For This Useful Post:

Lady_Pebbles

The matches usually start off fast when I enter in DL. O.o I think its strange ppl matches take a long time to start. Although I do agree that having more ppl able to play would be nice.