Thread: Legendary Drop Day/ Cap Week

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Default Legendary Drop Day/ Cap Week

I have two suggestions, which I'll post here together so I don't clutter up the feedback thread.
    First: STS should have a few events where high level drops are much more common. Maybe a day long event where you run through a dungeon with only epic and legendary items dropping. This would boost the number of legendary items in circulation, but wouldn't ruin the economy (at least, not much beyond its current state) because of the short duration.

My second suggestion would be to have a week long event where when a new player signs up, they are given 24 hours of playing at the currently level cap, with a set of non-tradeable gear. At the end of that 24 hours, the player is dropped to level one, and the gear is removed. Having a bunch of new players running around while playing at the cap would be irritating for players who reached the cap the hard way, but it could also really help hook players onto SL. Minecraft had a free to play weekend and double the number of players, as an example. And as annoying as having a bunch of newbies running around could get, I'd be fine with have the opportunity to show some new players the ropes. In the worst case scenario, the event would only last a few days anyway (seriously, STS, if you implement this, don't make it a constant thing. DO NOT DO IT).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I only agree with the last 4 words..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Exion For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Don't really care for either ideas sorry... The first idea would definitely ruin pinks and their prices. Only if they added in a bunch of pinks that are not so good would this idea possibly work, like PL with several worthless pinks. Since SL pinks are extremely dependent on miners adding this would just ruin pinks.

The second idea not sure why you would want inexperienced players playing with players who know how to run the level. But that's just my opinion.

Edit: Basically what the above said if you want a summary.

Dark Legends: Fear- Level 31
    Star Legends: Decay- Level 46 Operative
    Pocket Legends: Prestige- Level 53 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

I don't like em either lol.
    For one, its not fair on those that only play a one or two hours a day, ie those that work and those that have finished their homework lol
    And we all live in different timezones, so a days event in the USA will only be a half days event in Europe, unless We pffft phone work up saying we can't make the following days work shift because we will be staying up all night just to compete with you guys!
    A single day event would be a huge no no to me. sorry mate.
    "Still Retired but casually dueling in PvP from Time to Time"
    EXTREME BOSS SLAYERS Are Back!
    Wanting a signature? Send me a Pm (SL credits only)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Yay Dark Legends style pink drops!

They've done it here and caught it early (hive pinks) and not caught early (infested deck vanities) and it still had negative effects. Check out how common pinks and most vanities are in DL and that would be the future of SL if implemented.

I'm not saying these things should be impossible to get, but there was a point to the rarity scale when they came up with it in the first place. Some people have an honest gripe with not getting good rarity drops, and some people just don't want to put the time in to get a drop, some just want instant gratification.
    I can't tell you how many times i've shown people where to look and ran with them, just to have them abandon it a couple minutes later because it didn't drop right away. There is no hope for those people. They want everything easy and don't put the time in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Exion View Post
    I only agree with the last 4 words..

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

I second this
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KillaSkillz View Post
    Yay Dark Legends style pink drops!

They've done it here and caught it early (hive pinks) and not caught early (infested deck vanities) and it still had negative effects. Check out how common pinks and most vanities are in DL and that would be the future of SL if implemented.

I'm not saying these things should be impossible to get, but there was a point to the rarity scale when they came up with it in the first place. Some people have an honest gripe with not getting good rarity drops, and some people just don't want to put the time in to get a drop, some just want instant gratification.
    I can't tell you how many times i've shown people where to look and ran with them, just to have them abandon it a couple minutes later because it didn't drop right away. There is no hope for those people. They want everything easy and don't put the time in.
    No offense, but I clearly remember you saying that pink drop rates were so low in hive. They made the drop rates low and you complained. They made the drop rates better for you and you complained. Seriously...

Dark Legends: Fear- Level 31
    Star Legends: Decay- Level 46 Operative
    Pocket Legends: Prestige- Level 53 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I could only see the second suggestion working if the tryout zone was secluded from the rest of us.