Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Great job on making gold loot useless...guess we gotta go farm jewel

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #61
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xuds View Post
    Or make chests spawn after every room after killing x amount of mobs or you have to be near it for it to drop you gold

Sent from my DE2118 using Tapatalk
    Doesn’t address the exploit though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

This happened multiple times in past it's not something new and maybe is a better for playing zodias maps.
    adapt and continue Playing .

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #63
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Ty, btw the values are so we know our maximum and minimum drops with x gold loot. People can't say pets decrease gold loot.
    Pretty sure players know that pet gold loot bonuses don’t decrease gold - and if they’re still saying that now (post Carnaval, etc) then you know they’re being disingenuous and likely trying to manipulate a trade.

We’ve hit some big obstacles with the “all gold in the final chests” thing in terms of inevitable leeching and alt-party exploits… so this approach will have to be reevaluated in depth.

In the immediate term if you want to skip minions you can. If you don’t want to switch between sets, you don’t have to. It’s a choice.

Portal boss gold loot will still be looked at though. And I’ve gotten PMs from players who are not at all happy with the general idea of zeroing out the minion gold drops - so I’m going to consider their points of view as well before making a final decision.

| | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    It’s actually a rather common practice / exploit. Furthermore given what I see in the game (in terms of how people play) it would only take a minute or so with the right gear and it would be a huge payout for one person via the alts.

This will be a big obstacle for the proposed method.

How about you keep the same minimum/maximum % as it is in esunk right now and just make it so the maximum is more frequent than the minimum? so if the occasional 8-16k isn't as frequent as the 30-50k. Idk ;_; must be hard being a dev lol

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Put all gold chests at end of map. Address the exploit by making the portals after mini boss auto teleport you. You have to use all portals to enter final boss area. Might make it too time consuming to move multiple toons around for the exploit. Only concern would be players without SS I suppose, but they would actually get around the map faster then before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by imfeared View Post
    Put all gold chests at end of map. Address the exploit by making the portals after mini boss auto teleport you. You have to use all portals to enter final boss area. Might make it too time consuming to move multiple toons around for the exploit. Only concern would be players without SS I suppose, but they would actually get around the map faster then before.
    Mmm actually like this idea since the portal at the end teleports u to the middle and also it would motivate players to clear mobs so they can actually teleport

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #67
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fahtsssss View Post
    How about you keep the same minimum/maximum % as it is in esunk right now and just make it so the maximum is more frequent than the minimum? so if the occasional 8-16k isn't as frequent as the 30-50k. Idk ;_; must be hard being a dev lol
    Being a developer of your own original game is literally the best job in the world. Always has been. Always will be :-))

| | | |

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #68
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by imfeared View Post
    It’s not actually better than just having the gold drop from monsters and having that gold be affected by gold loot - so I’m afraid it’s a no to this.

| | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts

We’ve hit some big obstacles with the “all gold in the final chests” thing in terms of inevitable leeching and alt-party exploits… so this approach will have to be reevaluated in depth.
    Players who are not at the boss will not have the chests spawn for them. Chests can be even better, they can spawn as entities that can't moved attacked or stunned. Players must be in a radius from where the boss dies for them to spawn on their screen and the chests auto open 5 seconds after the boss is defeated.
    People may still use alts but this makes it more difficult for them and makes them lose ankhs. They have to kill mobs + boss as their alts afk taking dmg from enemies.

Leeching will always happen, I am fine with people leeching in maps if they are new and I have atleast 1 team mate who can help me nuke bosses. A way to sort of fix leeching is to make it where if you are behind the portal wall in the zodias portals then the boss and chests will drop 0 gold for you.

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #70
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,177 Posts

Default Great job on making gold loot useless...guess we gotta go farm jewel

Players who are not at the boss will not have the chests spawn for them. Chests can be even better, they can spawn as entities that can't moved attacked or stunned. Players must be in a radius for them to spawn on their screen and the chests auto open 5 seconds after the boss is defeated.
    People may still use alts but this makes it more difficult for them and makes them lose ankhs.

Leeching will always happen, I am fine with people leeching in maps if they are new and I have atleast 1 team mate who can help me nuke bosses. A way to sort of fix leeching is to make it where if you are behind the portal wall in the zodias portals then the boss and chests will drop 0 gold for you.
    Leeching is a concern and it will become a bigger concern with this change - making end chests inferior to how it works now.

Alt parties will become the dominant mode of playing this content because it’ll be way more efficient than running any other way.

Both of these are big obstacles. Both issues make the end chest method inferior to the direct gold method.

| | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts

Leeching is a concern and it will become a bigger concern with this change - making end chests inferior to how it works now.

Alt parties will become the dominant mode of playing this content because it’ll be way more efficient than running any other way.

Both of these are big obstacles. Both issues make the end chest method inferior to the direct gold method.

With leeching you could do a /mapkick (Ign) addition to the game where people can vote kick people out of the map. /mk (Name) /mk 1 for yes 2 for no. I do see potential problems with this though such as trolls. A very helpful thing would be to add a new social list named (Map Block) and people can put igns in that list to block those people from joining their maps pve and event maps only. Towns are not affected. People would simply block all leeches from joining, but this hurts new players since most will block new players.
    With ALT parties I don't think there is a way to stop it, almost every mmo game has alt parties because of the loot multiplier, dungeon defenders 2 I do alt parties on even tbh because its such a major benefit. AL I can't see a major benefit since you have to buy the gears, level the characters, 1 by 1 move the characters to the end etc. Just too much work, dungeon defenders 2 I load up 4 accounts on 4 different computers and use my main to do the map as all 4 afk and get the loot at the end.

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #72
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,177 Posts

With leeching you could do a /mapkick (Ign) addition to the game where people can vote kick people out of the map. /mk (Name) /mk 1 for yes 2 for no. I do see potential problems with this though such as trolls. A very helpful thing would be to add a new social list named (Map Block) and people can put igns in that list to block those people from joining their maps pve and event maps only. Towns are not affected. People would simply block all leeches from joining, but this hurts new players since most will block new players.
    With ALT parties I don't think there is a way to stop it, almost every mmo game has alt parties because of the loot multiplier, dungeon defenders 2 I do alt parties on even tbh because its such a major benefit. AL I can't see a major benefit since you have to buy the gears, level the characters, 1 by 1 move the characters to the end etc. Just too much work, dungeon defenders 2 I load up 4 accounts on 4 different computers and use my main to do the map as all 4 afk and get the loot at the end.
    That’s a rabbit hole of complexity that’s entirely unnecessary when the current system works (re: leeching) - so it remains an obstacle.

Alt party only needs one well geared toon to down the mini bosses so the y geared can sweep up gold at the end - so it’s still a big issue. Though you (and others) won’t hear about it, I’ll hear about it from angry players and they’ll be super annoyed… all because we made this proposed change.

| | | |

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

That’s a rabbit hole of complexity that’s entirely unnecessary when the current system works (re: leeching) - so it remains an obstacle.

Alt party only needs one well geared toon to down the mini bosses so the y geared can sweep up gold at the end - so it’s still a big issue. Though you (and others) won’t hear about it, I’ll hear about it from angry players and they’ll be super annoyed… all because we made this proposed change.

By any chance have indicator which mob drops gold similar to mauso treasure room golden skeleton drops gold wud be nice maybe like 1-2 skeleton per room or even non rng

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

If leeching is such a big concern whats stopping OP players from leeching now?
    Full kraken can carry 3 alts through mobs and mini's now with alts having gl sets on
    Reguardless if the gold is in the final room or not whats stopping this now?
    Plus to leech you would be taking a long time to move toons across the map for each room
    But if in a decent pt youll be clearing and remaping in under 1min like before
    Im sure the people that can solo portal bosses would be a much more effective leech tbh
    So if killing mobs was such a big deal why setup maps so rooms unlock from killin mini bosses?
    Set it so rooms unlock from clearing mobs & mini bosses to spawn bosses like before zodias
    Or as suggested put timers on chest in each room so when cleared you have x-amount of time to swap to gl
    This is effecting majority of your community, who just invested in pre patch gl farming

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Do Whatever you guys need to do regarding gold loot @Cinco

just bring back e sunken till that time .

every bad event = more players leaving the game

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

18. The Following User Says Thank You to kulldeepboro For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

im thinking that the gold now is a problem why not adding another currency?
    [gold <- ??? -> <- plat] (can be converted)
    then make gold not superior and have limitations to where can only spend it, and then the new currency is not easy to obtain as gold.. so those 3 currency have different ways on how it will works.. also new currency make it bound like u can only spend it in npc vendor, items from vendor need to be bound too, idk how it works but up to you devs, i think we need new currency.

TBH THE BEST THING IN THIS GAMES IS ->PLAYER TO PLAYER TRADES<- ALSO THAT'S IS THE WORST PROBLEM HERE, MAKE THIS GAME MARKET TRADE ONLY THEN MAKE ITEMS TO BE BOUND ONCE ITS USED. AND HAVE AUTOMATICALLY SET PRICE FOR THE ITEMS MINUMUM TO MAXIMUM DEPENDS ON SUPPLY AND DEMAND LIKE IN THE OTHER GAMES.
    >,..,<

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

How abt we keep the same concept, gold drop from mini and bosses but jus reduce the drop by maybe 30% but buff portal by a lot since it only open once in a while, not to mention u need people to farm esf to open the portal.

Nerf esf by 30% or 20% but keep the same concept, no more minion gold jus bosses, the new concept is killing endgame farm

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Yoloswagx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

What about keep gold loot same like it was and just buff main boss hp x5

Wysłane z mojego ASUS_I005DA przy użyciu Tapatalka
    ign: NEXPL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Just give a positive boost on gl to those killing mobs in this map.
    And a -negative boost to overall gl to those skip them , like the counting thing of killing mobs on festerfang or mogera.
    This will give more motivation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Nerfing gold drop by 50% was simpler