Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Recycle igns

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura Bushido View Post
    Worst idea to introduce a deed for names in Economy with 12m combination.

Add a platinum cost to the name make it 250 plat+ and add a maximum cap of 1-2 bought daily.

This allows evryone who wants this to get what he wants.
    No it doesn’t, platinum isn’t affordable to everyone. Only people with deep pockets would be able to buy the names. Then the black market would go wild. My idea ruins it for current black market sellers.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

There have already been punishments/warnings/bans for name sellers/hoarders and related who got permanently banned.

Now your going to legalise the exact thing for profit via platinum.
    Now,

What's going to stop a banned player to contact you and ask that account to be unbanned for a bigger chunk of platinum? Depending on the worth of the banned account, a platinum price set. Once paid crime overturned. Even this people will entertain since most player have been banned once /couple of times during their span of time in AL.

I hope you see what entertaining all the requests of the community without clarity of what it means will do to the game.

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #43
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mythocrisis View Post
    Now your going to legalise the exact thing for profit via platinum.
    Not sure why I'm entertaining this nonsense, but I'm not seeing the connection.

What's going to stop a banned player to contact you and ask that account to be unbanned for a bigger chunk of platinum? Depending on the worth of the banned account, a platinum price set. Once paid crime overturned. Even this people will entertain since most player have been banned once /couple of times during their span of time in AL.
    Not sure how many times I can say permanently banned accounts are banned forever and banned names will never be released.

I hope you see what entertaining all the requests of the community without clarity of what it means will do to the game.
    Nothing has been made available to the players. Isn't that what discussions and feedback are for?

-ALS

4. The Following User Says Thank You to asommers For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

+1

Have an old lost Accound idk the LogIn Datas for so i could get my Name back. Release the Names pls

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post

Not sure how many times I can say permanently banned accounts are banned forever and banned names will never be released.

Nothing has been made available to the players. Isn't that what discussions and feedback are for?

-ALS
    Options 1, 2 and 3 are all viable, but of course most people want names to be freed, including myself and I prefer either 2 or 3. You've already made it clear, not sure why it has to be said again - banned names won't come back, which was half of the people's complaints, and the work has already been done to free up the dead names. I hope the team doesn't abandon the idea just because of a couple people saying no, but if so then so be it. Hope to hear continued updates regarding how you'll go about it
    F I E R Y

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Agreed releasing is only good, people will ofcourse try undermine it, adding names in auc will support manipulation. I support the plat option cause the help it does to the support team. I also imagine some names that could fetch a pretty penny for alot of hustle by sts team.

Just add a cap and a bidding system.

If bidding system too hard il see 250-1750 plat as reasonable just like an aura.

250 is still available for non plat buyers as there are plat eggs to hidden chest all providing sustainable amount of plat to make this available.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura Bushido View Post
    Agreed releasing is only good, people will ofcourse try undermine it, adding names in auc will support manipulation. I support the plat option cause the help it does to the support team. I also imagine some names that could fetch a pretty penny for alot of hustle by sts team.

Just add a cap and a bidding system.

If bidding system too hard il see 250-1750 plat as reasonable just like an aura.

250 is still available for non plat buyers as there are plat eggs to hidden chest all providing sustainable amount of plat to make this available.
    So basically sts can sell igns for in game currency but we can’t 💀, this will cause tons of drama etc I honestly say -1 unless they have a good idea on how to do it and so far all these ideas are terrible

9. The Following User Says Thank You to leprereturningplayer For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

So what's gonna happen to old players Suddenly coming back for nostalgic vibe just to find out their character name been ransacked? Just nothing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

-ALS
    This is not nonsense.
    I apologosr if I said something that's uncalled for.
    But that is not the point of my previous post.

1.) You have punished name sellers /hoarders before as purchases not fitting the trade screen.
    You are bringing that back for premiun currency(name selling).
    The connection that you missed is this:
    A bannable offense of selling names is now being done for premium.
    What about other bannable offenses for a premium?

This is my thought of the issue and means no harm and for discussion purposes and to guage your thoughts on that.
    Thank you for your reply and hope to hear more .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Advocacies View Post
    So what's gonna happen to old players Suddenly coming back for nostalgic vibe just to find out their character name been ransacked? Just nothing?
    It's actually worse than nothing because then someone else will have their ign and with the og owner and a new owner being around we can already imagine the problems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

They are the ones allowing this to happen am i right? Make it so we can bid..... I can see myself doing some crazy bids on igns if those are released? Same as some others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Its pretty clear an ign sticks with you am i right? Not just one of the auras in inventory... Asking a premium for a premium name for 13year old game and alot of work to release such names.

I dont see any problem with this.

Ask a premium the first couple days so people that want a certain ign can buy it for a "premium" and then yall not willing to support any of the causes can go for second round ransacking the igns and stacking them up until non left! How bout that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts

Yes totally release the names for bidding and make people bid 20k plats for some original name like "Cringe" for example - worst idea just so u know.

People be thinking that randomly putting name in store for 1750 plats is not gonna make someone set up all and ready to buy it and is not gonna cause outrage cause people will yell it's a paywall - correct.

Drop the names free, don't tell when and how you've done it and let the people find out. Just like you did last time, I don't recall an outrage - same chances to whoever spotted names being rereleased again as first.

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts

So now you notice there are more things that would need to be implemented when wanting to release dead names.

Auctioning off names would be nice, but say we released 1000 names per day, it would take a more than 30 years to release all 12M+ names.

The time to hand out a name is when a player wants to use it, so I'm actually leaning toward players possibly paying for the dead name they want with Platinum (that would weed out the hoarders), but I'm not sure how I'd feel about a game when creating a new character with a name in use and then receive a prompt such as 'Name unavailable, but you can have that name for 100 Platinum!' With context it makes sense, this game has been around for 10 years and there are millions of unused names, but it still feels like a scam.

We have several options:
    1. Do nothing and keep what we have now
    2. Release the names and don't worry about the exploitation/hoarding
    3. Sell the dead name at the point of character creation

-ALS
    Just do the 1 and 2 and focus on more important aspects of the game like the content, events and gameplay in general.

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Igns should be free if they get rereleased, but if you want to avoid ign sellers, make them account bound to whoever gets it first. And if they want to pass that ign around to a friend maybe they will have to pay plat in order to make the ign available again for everyone to take and so on. Same thing for the new owner, make it account bound etc

Also only old unused igns will be released right? Not banned ones
    Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Don’t release them. Don’t need more name sellers in this game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

We need a system where we can exchange (sell/gift) Igns. Ign buying/selling is an invisible but it happens and real.

It's a pretty good idea to delete accounts that have been banned for a long time and release their igns.

SM-A315F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

20.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #58
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts

Thanks for the feedback. If anything changes, we'll let you know.

-ALS