Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Zodias Weapon Nerf Discussion

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #21
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SS Falcon View Post
    In the future, is it possible to move away from charged attacks procs? I feel weapons should always be proc on damage. For instance, for Polaris it takes forever to proc.. then you have to charge attack. I think it should proc, then on damage release.
    Yeah. That's how the Arcane Kraken Battle aoe type weapons function.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I was speaking more for us casual players who can’t afford kraken >.>. I guess I should be a bit more specific. Can you look into changing the mythics to proc on damage?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Maybe it is the kraken battle sword who’s too weak.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #24
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SS Falcon View Post
    I was speaking more for us casual players who can’t afford kraken >.>. I guess I should be a bit more specific. Can you look into changing the mythics to proc on damage?
    Appreciate your point here but I am not going to change the activation method for these weapons.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Appreciate your point here but I am not going to change the activation method for these weapons.
    I think Neptaris will always be a problem in combination with Warrior 6x STR ultimate. As long as it can nuke any boss with it, it will always be a better option than Kraken.

But if you nerf it to a point where it can barely kill a boss with ult, the damage without ult will barely tickle anything.

Maybe look at Warrior Ult instead of nerfing the damage of weapons?

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #26
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by umarrahim View Post
    I think Neptaris will always be a problem in combination with Warrior 6x STR ultimate. As long as it can nuke any boss with it, it will always be a better option than Kraken.

But if you nerf it to a point where it can barely kill a boss with ult, the damage without ult will barely tickle anything.

Maybe look at Warrior Ult instead of nerfing the damage of weapons?

Even without the Ultimate we've got a balance problem with the Mythic / Arcane Warrior weapons' damage output.

Warrior Ultimate makes the problem a lot worse - and I'm not opposed to reviewing it.
    | | | |

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Even without the Ultimate we've got a balance problem with the Mythic / Arcane Warrior weapons' damage output.

Warrior Ultimate makes the problem a lot worse - and I'm not opposed to reviewing it.
    As from what I know, you said every class is damage class. So I think the best way to balance warrior currently would be:

1) Increase Kraken Sword Damage to match other classes output.

2) Nerf the Warrior ultimate to grant 2x or 3x STR.

As currently, only warrior sword seems to benefit with ulti as opposed with Mage gun with their ult and Rog bow with their ult.

This way all classes would have similar damage output without ult, but Warrior will be stronger with their ult at killing single target however its not too gamebreaking.

Also, this way. The neptaris won't have to be nerfed and poor players will still be able to be relevant with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Why? Iam poor player, I only have neptaris sword for my weapon
    I Can't buy other "op" weapon for my war...

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #29
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

As from what I know, you said every class is damage class. So I think the best way to balance warrior currently would be:

1) Increase Kraken Sword Damage to match other classes output.

2) Nerf the Warrior ultimate to grant 2x or 3x STR.

As currently, only warrior sword seems to benefit with ulti as opposed with Mage gun with their ult and Rog bow with their ult.

This way all classes would have similar damage output without ult, but Warrior will be stronger with their ult at killing single target however its not too gamebreaking.

Also, this way. The neptaris won't have to be nerfed and poor players will still be able to be relevant with it.

I'll keep the Warrior ultimate in the mix as this change unfolds. 6x damage is pretty OP :-)

This suggested change does not address the gear issue with Neptaris and the Kraken Battle Shell armor proc.
    | | | |

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

My suggestion is just to scale the neptaris with damage limitations, for example if warriors using their kraken armor proc with the rage ulti, neptaris will have limitless damage on targetted enemies (damage output based on str, boss dmg, elit dmg), so just make a limit to neptar to deal 2-3m tick damage on target in the full gear of buffs. So basically, neptar will be able to deal high damage still, but no more than 2-3m/tick.

Btw I prefer kraken sword, just because one huge advantage. 100% proc on first charged hit. Makes much much easier the farming process.

I beg for mercy to warriors. @cinco please, do not nerf the Rage ultimate skill, this is the only way for warriors to kill the bosses whom are left alone in a map.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mucsi View Post
    My suggestion is just to scale the neptaris with damage limitations, for example if warriors using their kraken armor proc with the rage ulti, neptaris will have limitless damage on targetted enemies (damage output based on str, boss dmg, elit dmg), so just make a limit to neptar to deal 2-3m tick damage on target in the full gear of buffs. So basically, neptar will be able to deal high damage still, but no more than 2-3m/tick.

Btw I prefer kraken sword, just because one huge advantage. 100% proc on first charged hit. Makes much much easier the farming process.

I beg for mercy to warriors. @cinco please, do not nerf the Rage ultimate skill, this is the only way for warriors to kill the bosses whom are left alone in a map.
    Warrior Ultimate shouldn't be able to combine with their Sword proc then.

Rogue and Mage ult cambine with Gun/Bow proc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Please do not change war ult.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SS Falcon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

I'll keep the Warrior ultimate in the mix as this change unfolds. 6x damage is pretty OP :-)

This suggested change does not address the gear issue with Neptaris and the Kraken Battle Shell armor proc.
    Did you consider that all the stars must align for Neptaris + Arcane Armor to proc together? It's not very consistent.

I really feel Neptaris is fine as it is. I feel it does similar damage to Hyperos.

Hyperos + Arcane Armor would have similar damage outout, no?

My suggestion above still stands. Arcane Sword damage should be increased to match other classes, but the Ult should be nerfed in compensation so the Sword doesn't isn't broken.

Arcane Sword is better than Neptaris as it's easier to Proc Armor with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Correct nepta vs krak sword i prefer using nepta than useless kraken sword dodge 90% for all mini and boss

Sent from my 21081111RG using Tapatalk
    IGN: Xmap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Did you consider that all the stars must align for Neptaris + Arcane Armor to proc together? It's not very consistent.

I really feel Neptaris is fine as it is. I feel it does similar damage to Hyperos.

My suggestion above still stands. Arcane Sword damage should be increased to match other classes, but the Ult should be nerfed in compensation so the Sword doesn't isn't broken.

That might be Neptaris' problem, it scales with damage and stats multiplier too much unlike other weapons. Because with just Neptaris alone it sucks. And yep 6x STR will be a problem the further this ult stays the same. Stat multiplier is too broken in more future expansions, it might get to the point it multiply into giving warriors 6 digit STR as it scales further with more STR.

19.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #36
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

Other Class Mythics need to be reevaluated in context with the Arcane armors.

How about this: I’ll see about the Ultimate balance first :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Neptaris will still be a great weapon. We just need to look at why it's so OP compared to the more expensive, more rare weapon that's meant to be a lot more powerful.
    Just make it capped at damage, or unable to stack with kraken items or other items.
    By itself, with its zaurus set, it's not that broken.
    A nerf would render her useless, even at her level, which wouldn't make sense.

21.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #38
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    Just make it capped at damage, or unable to stack with kraken items or other items.
    By itself, with its zaurus set, it's not that broken.
    A nerf would render her useless, even at her level, which wouldn't make sense.
    I hear you. Adjusting its interaction with the Arcane Armor would definitely count as a nerf. I’m looking at these factors first as opposed to just the weapon in and of itself (or in the Zaarus set).

| | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

It would certainly be a nerf.
    But you will have less chance of breaking the weapon, however, maybe a cap on damage is better.
    Because in the future, if you cast other items with proc, you would have to adjust it again.

23.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #40
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    It would certainly be a nerf.
    But you will have less chance of breaking the weapon, however, maybe a cap on damage is better.
    Because in the future, if you cast other items with proc, you would have to adjust it again.
    A damage cap is one of the tools that I have. It’s very likely to be used with these weapons.

| | | |