Thread: Reminiscing 2012-2014

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Reminiscing 2012-2014

Hello,
    I bet nobody will want to reminisce on the old days. But if you want to bring back some old memories with me, start naming some players and the levels you most enjoyed playing the game at.
    For me it’s level 56-61 my name is Waves and I was in FFA guild

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Check out this video for some nostalgia.
    But to answer you question, I most enjoyed 2012-2015. I feel like those three years had the best community... back when sts would actually interact and do community events/streams/ect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

You’ve seemed to of found your self on the wrong forum! If you click the top section under forums, I’m sure you’ll easily navigate to arcane legends! There you can share that video to people who play! ��

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I've played since 2012, and my favorite CAP was L75-L76 which was the last good CAP that PL has seen.

In old days I helped a lot of other players and I didn't have time to level my own characters or farm a lot - and it was actually fun when PvE was still active in every levels, and there was always at least 2-3x Balefort towns at full people.

Back in 2014 I started to do PvE kill farming so I started a new character and my main goal was to do Maximum kills - and I really enjoyed the grind. It was hard to not die, but I was abble to do it a long time without dying. I'm now at L88 with 446,999kills (which isn't possible anymore because Spacetime has lowered many times the XP amount required per level.. I kinda had to stop Kill Farming after I wasn't abble to continue leveling without getting XP orbs, since there isn't no way to turn off XP orbs -_-, and XP orbs kinda ruined the PvE Kill Farming experience for me.

I was really shocked when DEV (and other Ok'Tal pets) was released back in L80-85 CAP and I think damage pets was really big mistake from spacetime - and after that all the Damage bonus sets - they don't fit for PL, and they will never fit for PL - and they should be +80L, because you don't really need them until L80, so there was really no any reason why Damage pets and items are for L1 instead of L80.. But I guess it's too late to change it now since they have been the thing for so long time - but all these damage bonus items kinda ruined PL and enjoyment of PvE..

I never lost hope for PL in 2012-2021/22 - but lately I have really started to lost interest and hope for PL - I still hope PL is going to see a better day, but for now I think it's not gonna happen anytime soon, because all the things we used to love about PL are gone.

Of course it's nice to see people still enjoying PL, and I hope it stays that way, but there's just a lot of things that Spacetime should have done differently in the past.

I've hoped many times that Spacetime would sometimes release individual [Classic Pocket Legends] game with maximum level CAP of L76 - with bug/glitch fixes and some improvements and it wouldn't be ruined by Damage Pets and items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I have to actually disagree with you. Pets and vanities with bonuses was an amazing idea . It gives diversity and choices when you’re grinding pve. It makes dungeons solo able , if your friends aren’t on, and also keeps you from having to spend all of your plat on repeatedly buying “4x combos” just be be able to stay alive. I think the current/ active player base the past 4 years or so would agree. But yes 76 cap was great and so was 77 even. The absolute best was level 100 imo. Everything was great, pve had an amazing campaign with easy crafting to an extent , and the pvp was great! If we could go back in time to level 100 I’d giving anything!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Itastemvp View Post
    I have to actually disagree with you. Pets and vanities with bonuses was an amazing idea . It gives diversity and choices when you’re grinding pve. It makes dungeons solo able , if your friends aren’t on, and also keeps you from having to spend all of your plat on repeatedly buying “4x combos” just be be able to stay alive. I think the current/ active player base the past 4 years or so would agree. But yes 76 cap was great and so was 77 even. The absolute best was level 100 imo. Everything was great, pve had an amazing campaign with easy crafting to an extent , and the pvp was great! If we could go back in time to level 100 I’d giving anything!
    Yeah, there's a lot of opinions for that. Most of times I just can't forget about what the PL used to be in old days, so it creates some strong opinions for me! :p

Some can say that the Damage bonus items was the new start of PL and some can say that it was the end of PL - I myself, am in the middle of it; so there is a lot of good but then there is a lot of bad too - But most of all there is a lot of things that could have been done differently; if I would have been myself in charge - but this is the way that PL went and I don't directly hate any changes that sts has made to PL, and I'm overall happy that PL still gets updates and there is still players left in PL - but yeah I really like to remember the PL like it was in old days.

Classic PL died in L85 CAP and new generation of PL was born. :p

Part of me is still grinding every old campaign maps all over again with so slow speed and so high posibility to die. It took so long to clear any map - and that pleasing pressure what u had when fighting the bosses and waiting for your death - it's hard to get that kind of feelings anymore.

I remember when most players didn't want Damage Pets and A LOT of players asked Spacetime to delete the Damage pets or possibly lowering the overpowered stats they have - DEV was already so overpowered - but of course; now - when Bonus Pets and sets has been thing for so long, and everyone is so used to them, so no-one complains about them anymore :p

L77 CAP was still indeed a nice CAP, And I could say that I liked L80 before L85 was released - it was calm before the storm :D

Back in 2014 and after that I personally did solo leveling without any Combo elixires, and only elixir that I was using was 2x Damage < when it was still possible to buy them with using gold (I have no idea why sts deleted gold elixirs)
    But I have to agree that it was hard to stay alive when playing solo, and 1000 health potions was dranied very quickly, but it was indeed very possible to stay alive if you knew how to play the game - it was hard and intense but I liked it a lot by that way. - What is the game without a challenge? = it's meaningless. But yeah, it's really nice that there is posibilitys for the "easy-way-players"! :D But in the other hand I understand the new players who ends up begging damage pets or -items in the towne.

Sadly I didn't play that much in L100 CAP, because I had some breaks after L85 CAP and then I was active again when L105 CAP was released :P

I haven't done PvP after 2020 when I tried it couple months in L71. I just didn't want to bother anymore because there was too much toxicity in PvP - meanwhile I myself was just trying to enjoy PvP as part of the game, but I encountered too much hate, negativity, jealousness, meaningless & confussing accusations, so it was too hard to enjoy the PvP when so many PvP players was so angry and full of negativity, but it was fun as long as it last. But hey, at least I can say that I've tried PvP! :D

I wish PL would gain again a bigger playerbase. I still don't know if there is coming a new Pocket Legends game, but I look forward to it if it's coming some year - but I don't think it's anytime soon - if it's coming - - time tells.