Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The archer seems to be pointless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Default The archer seems to be pointless.

Am I missing something, or is the archer much weaker and far less effective than the other classes? The only nice thing is that they can get out of the way while the more powerful characters do everything. I am currently morphing the archer into a warrior, and that will probably work pretty well once I can get some decent gear. But then what's the point? They really need a unique skill of some kind (enchantresses are better range already).

This is still a very cool game. I just think that needs to be fixed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

hahahaha.

You're joking, right?

no?

Well, archers are simply dps. High out put of damage, low survivability.

My archer with a repeating crossbow can snipe most monsters to death before they walk to me.
    if you get a team of 5 archers with proper gear, you'll see how fast they can clear mobs. (at least untill they reach a boss and all get smacked around)

I know the warriors recently got a HUGE buff, so I think they are overpowered now, so I wont comment on them. >_>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Splurd View Post
    hahahaha.

You're joking, right?

no?

Well, archers are simply dps. High out put of damage, low survivability.

My archer with a repeating crossbow can snipe most monsters to death before they walk to me.
    if you get a team of 5 archers with proper gear, you'll see how fast they can clear mobs. (at least untill they reach a boss and all get smacked around)

I know the warriors recently got a HUGE buff, so I think they are overpowered now, so I wont comment on them. >_>
    Archers are pointless if the point of the game is to do absolutely nothing.
    Deathshock: Level 30 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I just started playing, so maybe I just haven't seen their good points yet. But I have tried all three classes up into the teens, and the archer just doesn't compete IMO (He will make a nice warrior though). I guess I have to wait until those additional weapon groups open up, or until some more tweaking occurs. Thanks for the response.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Where with the warrior, you must take damage to give damage. A Archer can kill without being touched.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I generally play my warrior, and I can definitely tell you that archers do far more damage than I do when we're playing together. Maybe you need to figure out which abilities to use or look for better gear?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    Am I missing something, or is the archer much weaker and far less effective than the other classes? The only nice thing is that they can get out of the way while the more powerful characters do everything. I am currently morphing the archer into a warrior, and that will probably work pretty well once I can get some decent gear. But then what's the point? They really need a unique skill of some kind (enchantresses are better range already).

This is still a very cool game. I just think that needs to be fixed.
    oh boy…xp that was funny
    Archer. maxvegas
    Warrior. loonee
    Enchantress. zephyrs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Achers have plenty of points. They are attached to little pieces of wood called arrows and I'm more then glad to share them with you. Pointy end first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Warrior is kind of the pointless one when the game first released. They cannot do much damage and cannot tank well. And I remembered most party I was in before were Enchantresses and archers. They just recently fix the warrior to make them stronger and more durable.
    Archers are mainly damage oriented if you have it well equipped and speced correctly.
    Enchantress are a bit weaker than the archers damage-wise and relies on MP a a lot, but are more of a supporting character with heals/buffs. That doesn't mean they cannot nuke the hell out of the mobs, but you just have to be more careful playing them. Even a little Cure magic can attract mobs from far away. I've seen many enchantresses died that way.
    I felt getting an archer well equipped is easier than getting an enchantress well equipped. You have to have some rare and nice armor/weapons with +MP/s to be able to use your MP profusely. If not, you will find yourself drinking a lot of MP potions.

If you have been in an all archer party, you'll find they kill as they run through the dungeons without stopping.
    The main thing for archer is you need a high DPS weapon. Get a nice heavy crossbow and you'll be set.
    Also, archers get wealthy easily and quickly because they don't get hit much and thus gathered a lot of money at higher level...
    Last edited by hh83917; 04-21-2010 at 02:54 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hh83917 View Post
    Warrior is kind of the pointless one when the game first released. They cannot do much damage and cannot tank well. And I remembered most party I was in before were Enchantresses and archers. They just recently fix the warrior to make them stronger and more durable.
    Archers are mainly damage oriented if you have it well equipped and speced correctly.
    Enchantress are a bit weaker than the archers damage-wise and relies on MP a a lot, but are more of a supporting character with heals/buffs. That doesn't mean they cannot nuke the hell out of the mobs, but you just have to be more careful playing them. Even a little Cure magic can attract mobs from far away. I've seen many enchantresses died that way.
    I felt getting an archer well equipped is easier than getting an enchantress well equipped. You have to have some rare and nice armor/weapons with +MP/s to be able to use your MP profusely. If not, you will find yourself drinking a lot of MP potions.

If you have been in an all archer party, you'll find they kill as they run through the dungeons without stopping.
    The main thing for archer is you need a high DPS weapon. Get a nice heavy crossbow and you'll be set.
    Also, archers get wealthy easily and quickly because they don't get hit much and thus gathered a lot of money at higher level...

Actually archers have a skill which gives 70mp. So MP is not an issue.

Last edited by Splurd; 04-21-2010 at 03:05 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hh is correct, 5 Well equippd Archers Rarely stop moving while they go through a dungeon, and they are still easily the strongest character.

Even though my main is warrior I am fine with this, all the characters have their roles and they are moderately balanced as is.
    Last edited by iNFaMous; 04-21-2010 at 03:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lol max and loso.. our 1min 3 archer runs
    Gankenstein Nyk(retired) - Archer - Alterra Realm
    Guild Member of Venom
    Guild Website - venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by iNFaMous View Post
    hh is correct, 5 Well equippd Archers Rarely stop moving while they go through a dungeon, and they are still easily the strongest character.

Even though my main is warrior I am fine with this, all the characters have their roles and they are moderately balanced as is.
    Actually warriors are stronger at soloing Lost Expedition than Archers post patch, and can put out approximately the same dps with the 2h for the itunes store if done correctly, but archers still do huge damage. (A group of 5 warriors would be just as fast if they know how to dps with their class)

As for the OP... hilarious

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Actually warriors are stronger at soloing Lost Expedition than Archers post patch, and can put out approximately the same dps with the 2h for the itunes store if done correctly, but archers still do huge damage. (A group of 5 warriors would be just as fast if they know how to dps with their class)

yea the only difference is, as an archer you dont have to run towards a mob. even with beckon sometimes the mob comes behind you or slightly away from you. a group of archers can just run and shoot through an instance.... blast shot combos with a 2nd or 3rd archer is pretty sweet.

so aside from having to run to a mob, i can agree with you
    Guild Member of Venom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post

Yeah theyre blunt DPS is the same, but like i said Archers do not stop.
    The running To a monster, Stomping and the Swinging actions are the time consumers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nathanyc View Post
    yea the only difference is, as an archer you dont have to run towards a mob. even with beckon sometimes the mob comes behind you or slightly away from you. a group of archers can just run and shoot through an instance.... blast shot combos with a 2nd or 3rd archer is pretty sweet.

so aside from having to run to a mob, i can agree with you
    well, warriors may not kill as fast but they can tank far better now. so if I had to choose 5 warriors vs 5 archers, I'd go with the warriors. They might kill slower, but they wont die.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

those are some pretty terrible archers you are not choosing lol.

not to mention the massive of health / mana pots those warriors will be using

5 archers is a bundle of dps and crowd control (root / repulse shot/ even kiting)
    i usually run with 2 other archers and thats enough dps and control to clear an instance easily and quickly
    Guild Member of Venom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pointless or not, they're still the most fun to play . It's not always about "omgz i wan 2 be da best!".
    Ninja Scroll Clan ~ Dakuan (43 Archer) ~ Kagero (25 Enchantress) ~ Jubei (24 Warrior)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nathanyc View Post
    those are some pretty terrible archers you are not choosing lol.

not to mention the massive of health / mana pots those warriors will be using

5 archers is a bundle of dps and crowd control (root / repulse shot/ even kiting)
    i usually run with 2 other archers and thats enough dps and control to clear an instance easily and quickly
    At higher levels, warriors dont have hp potion problems, only mana potion problems. Their armour will be high enough to tank.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

lol is this thread still open ?
    Archer. maxvegas
    Warrior. loonee
    Enchantress. zephyrs