Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What is this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    Neon colors here and there are fine, but some of the colors in OP are too bright, adding chars auras will only brighten the effect to making it possibly too bright. Some talk about nostalgia, the starting out colors were simple but yet classic . Either way, anything is better than a recolored vanity (:
    Imagine they took this purple wave effect from the immortal corruption weapons increased its effect size enough to be the size of a normal aura that flows through your character.
    Name:  2.PNG
Views: 513
Size:  522.4 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Would be cool

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    590 Posts

Name:  9E0FBFCD-2DF3-4874-8A85-AEC49531799E.png
Views: 526
Size:  2.15 MBName:  59242BB8-20FD-4AAE-AF18-CC0F6CA53BBF.png
Views: 521
Size:  2.24 MBName:  7EB17FD8-8F10-4F28-9EDB-0AA3B4B49EAA.png
Views: 515
Size:  2.42 MB
    Not too bright, used in moderation to highlight shoes, belts, hats, ect while the clothing is more matte.
    I would like to coordinate with my pets.
    Neon would be great in particular themes/items. Like the sixties tyedyed shirts or black light posters.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I think this game would benefit greatly (financially) if they would invest in a part time creative designer. Just someone who creates vanities for events, and can design a new pet here and there. Hats off to whoever created Drauger by the way. All these new vanities have nothing cool about them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Imagine they took this purple wave effect from the immortal corruption weapons increased its effect size enough to be the size of a normal aura that flows through your character.
    Name:  2.PNG
Views: 513
Size:  522.4 KB
    Purple wave type effect use on LB wings. Let’s see what the bracelet brings xD
    Maybe more info could be released?
    Avy
    12-2012

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #26
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewuff View Post
    I think this game would benefit greatly (financially) if they would invest in a part time creative designer. Just someone who creates vanities for events, and can design a new pet here and there. Hats off to whoever created Drauger by the way. All these new vanities have nothing cool about them.
    Same people.

All the stuff you love; all the stuff you hate... same folks :-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Same people.

All the stuff you love; all the stuff you hate... same folks :-)
    What made you guys stop with the community design contests? It saves money, people get a chance at making their favorite vanity item, 10 out of 10 times the vanities selected are very good.
    https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?452774-Design-a-Vanity!-Goblin-Event-Vanity-Design-Contest-Contestants!

Name:  1.PNG
Views: 474
Size:  145.9 KB

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #28
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

What made you guys stop with the community design contests? It saves money, people get a chance at making their favorite vanity item, 10 out of 10 times the vanities selected are very good.
    https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?452774-Design-a-Vanity!-Goblin-Event-Vanity-Design-Contest-Contestants!

Name:  1.PNG
Views: 474
Size:  145.9 KB
    Design contests are a ton of work for community and development personnel. They invariably stir up a huge amount of drama. Then when the contest closes we get an onslaught of crying about the winners and the selection process along with accusations of favoritism and allegations of vote-rigging. It can be a real mess.

Contests don't save any money. Costs are all about creating the actual usable game asset. Historically, creating player-suggested designs is more costly because the ideas themselves don't involve pipeline considerations. And then when we have to alter the designs to be feasible we upset the creator / winners and the supporters. That last Goblin design contest is actually a pretty good example of this.

So - food for thought.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Design contests are a ton of work for community and development personnel. They invariably stir up a huge amount of drama. Then when the contest closes we get an onslaught of crying about the winners and the selection process along with accusations of favoritism and allegations of vote-rigging. It can be a real mess.

Contests don't save any money. Costs are all about creating the actual usable game asset. Historically, creating player-suggested designs is more costly because the ideas themselves don't involve pipeline considerations. And then when we have to alter the designs to be feasible we upset the creator / winners and the supporters. That last Goblin design contest is actually a pretty good example of this.

So - food for thought.
    I see, stuff behind the scenes happens. All of the contests have been fair imo, the people who put in the most work are typically the ones who win.

I thought it would save money because you don't need to pay a designer to create vanities. They just take the winning designs and replicate them so that they work in the game. Players would be the ones to do the hard work imo which would be the ideas and drawings.

13.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #30
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

I thought it would save money because you don't need to pay a designer to create vanities. They just take the winning designs and replicate them so that they work in the game. Players would be the ones to do the hard work imo which would be the thoughts and drawings.
    It's precisely the other way around. Hard work is the making. Ideas are obviously important but they're inherently cheap :-)
    | | | |

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

It's precisely the other way around. Hard work is the making. Ideas are obviously important but they're inherently cheap :-)
    A lot for me to explain how it works in my mind but someone should be paid more for being the original creator (Idea + Work) vs someone who took someone elses idea and turned it into something that works in the game. Which is where I would expect the money save to take place.
    I do see things work as a completion pay instead of an hourly rate ofc, but its nice to know the full reason as to why player made vanity design contests stopped.
    I do suggest maybe only allowing the biggest events of the year to have the tradeable lb vanities which are maybe player made. Easter, Winter, Halloween, and Valentines can be the 4 events that have tradeable lb vanities while the others can be untradeable. They don't have to be player made but atleast look nice.
    I know you said you want way more tradeable lb items but if vanities keep turning out the way they are then lb items will just become another common item that has no true value. Lb items imo shouldn't flood in the economy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Here is the color palette that is used for a lot of vanities that have been recently made, there is no purple, blue, light green, pink, red, and other colors. Just orange, brown, silver, and white. Green is not used.
    Name:  image.png
Views: 459
Size:  293.1 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Yeah, atleast 4 events in a year should have player-made vanities as lb rewards. The designs have been getting very dull recently.

How did we go from Medusa & Ice Golem to what we have today.

How after 10 years, the designs evolved backwards. Things are supposed to improve with time (better technologies and ideas)

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ploid View Post
    Yeah, atleast 4 events in a year should have player-made vanities as lb rewards. The designs have been getting very dull recently.

How did we go from Medusa & Ice Golem to what we have today.

How after 10 years, the designs evolved backwards. Things are supposed to improve with time (better technologies and ideas)

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    There have been many good vanities since Halloween 2014. Ofc they are not LB vanities, but take a look at the details (just to list a few) rog murky cuniculus hide, infernal sets, the rog vampire vanity, ashen mage set, harvester wings and harvester (all classes) vanity, the haunted bride doll armor, some of the auras have very detailed work.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    309 Posts

More unearthly, ghostly, visionary, sparkly, neon-contrast like vanities in the game. Armors, helmets, wings, backpacks, weapons - everything.

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to |Ares| For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    590 Posts

Exactly what I told my boss! His cheap idea brought to life through my labors! If only every ceo in the world could read that statement! Not being salty just utterly amused..
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

too kiddy but yea add some stuffs but not like this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hoping to see some cool stuff in the future, the main issue isn't fully the vanity theme / build design its mostly the colors. Like the vanity could look a lot better if it used a better group of colors, we are just tired of the same "clay" colors put onto vanities.
    Cthulhu vanity could have some cool moving tentacles on the face that drip a bright green slime onto the ground, the body could have some injury design like a chunk of skin taken out that has radioactive green goo oozing out, the steps could leave behind glowing footprints that last for about 3 seconds. "death stare" with purple eyes.
    +111111111111

Wortwechsel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

wow I have missed playing aqw lmao

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Sad they made the colors so muted and murky. Doesn't feel like a valentines event with the lack of vanities