Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43

  Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What is this

  1. #21
    Senior Member Encryptions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Many places.
    Posts
    4,950
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    103
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,900
    Thanked in
    954 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    Neon colors here and there are fine, but some of the colors in OP are too bright, adding chars auras will only brighten the effect to making it possibly too bright. Some talk about nostalgia, the starting out colors were simple but yet classic . Either way, anything is better than a recolored vanity (:
    Imagine they took this purple wave effect from the immortal corruption weapons increased its effect size enough to be the size of a normal aura that flows through your character.
    Name:  2.PNG
Views: 353
Size:  522.4 KB

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    148
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    15
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

    Default

    Would be cool

  3. #23
    Senior Member Oakmaiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Oakwood Forest
    Posts
    2,835
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,394
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    860
    Thanked in
    556 Posts

    Default

    Name:  9E0FBFCD-2DF3-4874-8A85-AEC49531799E.png
Views: 358
Size:  2.15 MBName:  59242BB8-20FD-4AAE-AF18-CC0F6CA53BBF.png
Views: 355
Size:  2.24 MBName:  7EB17FD8-8F10-4F28-9EDB-0AA3B4B49EAA.png
Views: 353
Size:  2.42 MB
    Not too bright, used in moderation to highlight shoes, belts, hats, ect while the clothing is more matte.
    I would like to coordinate with my pets.
    Neon would be great in particular themes/items. Like the sixties tyedyed shirts or black light posters.


    Iím rubber and youíre glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    #Crappy Childhood Fairy yt channel

  4. #24
    Banned Lonewuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Posts
    224
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    31
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

    Default

    I think this game would benefit greatly (financially) if they would invest in a part time creative designer. Just someone who creates vanities for events, and can design a new pet here and there. Hats off to whoever created Drauger by the way. All these new vanities have nothing cool about them.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Avaree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4,408
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5,043
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,940
    Thanked in
    1,341 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Imagine they took this purple wave effect from the immortal corruption weapons increased its effect size enough to be the size of a normal aura that flows through your character.
    Name:  2.PNG
Views: 353
Size:  522.4 KB
    Purple wave type effect use on LB wings. Let’s see what the bracelet brings xD
    Maybe more info could be released?
    Avy
    12-2012

  6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #26
    Design Department Cinco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,798
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    74
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    11,218
    Thanked in
    2,941 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewuff View Post
    I think this game would benefit greatly (financially) if they would invest in a part time creative designer. Just someone who creates vanities for events, and can design a new pet here and there. Hats off to whoever created Drauger by the way. All these new vanities have nothing cool about them.
    Same people.

    All the stuff you love; all the stuff you hate... same folks :-)
    | | | |

    Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:


  8. #27
    Senior Member Encryptions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Many places.
    Posts
    4,950
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    103
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,900
    Thanked in
    954 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Same people.

    All the stuff you love; all the stuff you hate... same folks :-)
    What made you guys stop with the community design contests? It saves money, people get a chance at making their favorite vanity item, 10 out of 10 times the vanities selected are very good.
    https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?452774-Design-a-Vanity!-Goblin-Event-Vanity-Design-Contest-Contestants!

    Name:  1.PNG
Views: 333
Size:  145.9 KB

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:


  10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #28
    Design Department Cinco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,798
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    74
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    11,218
    Thanked in
    2,941 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    What made you guys stop with the community design contests? It saves money, people get a chance at making their favorite vanity item, 10 out of 10 times the vanities selected are very good.
    https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?452774-Design-a-Vanity!-Goblin-Event-Vanity-Design-Contest-Contestants!

    Name:  1.PNG
Views: 333
Size:  145.9 KB
    Design contests are a ton of work for community and development personnel. They invariably stir up a huge amount of drama. Then when the contest closes we get an onslaught of crying about the winners and the selection process along with accusations of favoritism and allegations of vote-rigging. It can be a real mess.

    Contests don't save any money. Costs are all about creating the actual usable game asset. Historically, creating player-suggested designs is more costly because the ideas themselves don't involve pipeline considerations. And then when we have to alter the designs to be feasible we upset the creator / winners and the supporters. That last Goblin design contest is actually a pretty good example of this.

    So - food for thought.
    | | | |

    Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:


  12. #29
    Senior Member Encryptions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Many places.
    Posts
    4,950
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    103
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,900
    Thanked in
    954 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Design contests are a ton of work for community and development personnel. They invariably stir up a huge amount of drama. Then when the contest closes we get an onslaught of crying about the winners and the selection process along with accusations of favoritism and allegations of vote-rigging. It can be a real mess.

    Contests don't save any money. Costs are all about creating the actual usable game asset. Historically, creating player-suggested designs is more costly because the ideas themselves don't involve pipeline considerations. And then when we have to alter the designs to be feasible we upset the creator / winners and the supporters. That last Goblin design contest is actually a pretty good example of this.

    So - food for thought.
    I see, stuff behind the scenes happens. All of the contests have been fair imo, the people who put in the most work are typically the ones who win.

    I thought it would save money because you don't need to pay a designer to create vanities. They just take the winning designs and replicate them so that they work in the game. Players would be the ones to do the hard work imo which would be the ideas and drawings.

  13.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #30
    Design Department Cinco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,798
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    74
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    11,218
    Thanked in
    2,941 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    I thought it would save money because you don't need to pay a designer to create vanities. They just take the winning designs and replicate them so that they work in the game. Players would be the ones to do the hard work imo which would be the thoughts and drawings.
    It's precisely the other way around. Hard work is the making. Ideas are obviously important but they're inherently cheap :-)
    | | | |

    Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:


  15. #31
    Senior Member Encryptions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Many places.
    Posts
    4,950
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    103
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,900
    Thanked in
    954 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    It's precisely the other way around. Hard work is the making. Ideas are obviously important but they're inherently cheap :-)
    A lot for me to explain how it works in my mind but someone should be paid more for being the original creator (Idea + Work) vs someone who took someone elses idea and turned it into something that works in the game. Which is where I would expect the money save to take place.
    I do see things work as a completion pay instead of an hourly rate ofc, but its nice to know the full reason as to why player made vanity design contests stopped.
    I do suggest maybe only allowing the biggest events of the year to have the tradeable lb vanities which are maybe player made. Easter, Winter, Halloween, and Valentines can be the 4 events that have tradeable lb vanities while the others can be untradeable. They don't have to be player made but atleast look nice.
    I know you said you want way more tradeable lb items but if vanities keep turning out the way they are then lb items will just become another common item that has no true value. Lb items imo shouldn't flood in the economy.

  16. #32
    Senior Member Encryptions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Many places.
    Posts
    4,950
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    103
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,900
    Thanked in
    954 Posts

    Default

    Here is the color palette that is used for a lot of vanities that have been recently made, there is no purple, blue, light green, pink, red, and other colors. Just orange, brown, silver, and white. Green is not used.
    Name:  image.png
Views: 309
Size:  293.1 KB

  17. #33
    Senior Member Ploid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    732
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    12
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    133
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    It's precisely the other way around. Hard work is the making. Ideas are obviously important but they're inherently cheap :-)
    Yeah, atleast 4 events in a year should have player-made vanities as lb rewards. The designs have been getting very dull recently.

    How did we go from Medusa & Ice Golem to what we have today.

    How after 10 years, the designs evolved backwards. Things are supposed to improve with time (better technologies and ideas)



    Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

  18. #34
    Senior Member Avaree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4,408
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5,043
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,940
    Thanked in
    1,341 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ploid View Post
    Yeah, atleast 4 events in a year should have player-made vanities as lb rewards. The designs have been getting very dull recently.

    How did we go from Medusa & Ice Golem to what we have today.

    How after 10 years, the designs evolved backwards. Things are supposed to improve with time (better technologies and ideas)



    Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    There have been many good vanities since Halloween 2014. Ofc they are not LB vanities, but take a look at the details (just to list a few) rog murky cuniculus hide, infernal sets, the rog vampire vanity, ashen mage set, harvester wings and harvester (all classes) vanity, the haunted bride doll armor, some of the auras have very detailed work.
    Avy
    12-2012

  19. #35
    Senior Member |Ares|'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,443
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    348
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    653
    Thanked in
    277 Posts

    Default

    More unearthly, ghostly, visionary, sparkly, neon-contrast like vanities in the game. Armors, helmets, wings, backpacks, weapons - everything.

    Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to |Ares| For This Useful Post:


  21. #36
    Senior Member Oakmaiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Oakwood Forest
    Posts
    2,835
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,394
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    860
    Thanked in
    556 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    It's precisely the other way around. Hard work is the making. Ideas are obviously important but they're inherently cheap :-)
    Exactly what I told my boss! His cheap idea brought to life through my labors! If only every ceo in the world could read that statement! Not being salty just utterly amused..


    Iím rubber and youíre glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    #Crappy Childhood Fairy yt channel

  22. #37
    Junior Member Limped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2023
    Posts
    14
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    too kiddy but yea add some stuffs but not like this

  23. #38
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    19
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Hoping to see some cool stuff in the future, the main issue isn't fully the vanity theme / build design its mostly the colors. Like the vanity could look a lot better if it used a better group of colors, we are just tired of the same "clay" colors put onto vanities.
    Cthulhu vanity could have some cool moving tentacles on the face that drip a bright green slime onto the ground, the body could have some injury design like a chunk of skin taken out that has radioactive green goo oozing out, the steps could leave behind glowing footprints that last for about 3 seconds. "death stare" with purple eyes.
    +111111111111

    Wortwechsel

  24. #39
    Junior Member Eliteuser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2023
    Location
    under your tavern
    Posts
    14
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    159
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

    Default

    wow I have missed playing aqw lmao

  25. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Posts
    113
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    20
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    31
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

    Default

    Sad they made the colors so muted and murky. Doesn't feel like a valentines event with the lack of vanities

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •