Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Level31! Cara pls see!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

All I'm asking is to be treated the same as everyone else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Roll them back to the point when they hit 1.7k into 30

3. The Following User Says Thank You to *Zero* For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace:764366
    It is unfortunate, and this snag is definitely on me. It was a bug, and has since been addressed. I can't punish players for enjoying the game and getting there before originally intended due to my mistake. Players that were able to get there were already hard ta work grinding for the cap, and there is still quite a bit to find and do now that they are there. They just got their a tad sooner, it is after all, only about 24hours since the expansion went live!

I will talk with Samhayne, before we make a decision as to how this will land.
    That's all well and good but it is completely unfair to allow them to keep their cap even though they literally did a fraction of the real xp needed. Rolling them back to 30 with 1.7k is the fairest thing to do. They can get their stuff back when they run the other 15.3k.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Lady_Pebbles

Its not exploiting a bug when we had no idea it would happen. Why should we be punished for THEIR mistakes? It would be unfair to us as well.

And fyi, I was one of the people who PMed Cara about this bug to begib with.

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 08-29-2012 at 03:08 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady_Pebbles For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

How so? Rolling you back to 30 with 1.7k is exactly where you would have been. You would just have to put in the same work as everyone else.

You also wouldn't be punished, a punishment would be getting banned. Rolling you back would be a correction.
    Last edited by Lowlyspy; 08-29-2012 at 03:08 PM.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by *Zero* View Post
    Roll them back to the point when they hit 1.7k into 30
    but what about the time they could of been leveling in 3d missions and in timed quests and are unable to do so because they capped early? this whole time between them reaching cap and now they couldve been way more into 30 or even capped. to put them back into 1.7k into 30 seems unfair as well if this is was a mistake by spacetime studios and not by the players . just a thought

Dl:Rolocoaster lv25,Victoryrosel v21 Sl:Rolocoaster lv41Op, Jonsithegreat lv40 Com.,Jonsiofsparta lv40 Engi. Pl:Rolocoaster lv65 Pally, Jonsithegreat lv27 bear, Jonsithebird lv36 bird

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rolocoaster For This Useful Post:

Lady_Pebbles

Exactly Rolo.

Also, remember some of us also had a bug where we could not gain exp -at all- and that too was fixed. Does that mean everyone else should suffer for that as well? I doubt it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

Its not exploiting a bug when we had no idea it would happen. Why should we be punished for THEIR mistakes? It would be unfair to us as well.

Because it's not fair to those who had to work or other appointments and could grind for hours straight. Honestly, when the new campaigns were release did u really think you'd hit 31 in day? If the players aren't rolled back they have to leave it at 1700 for the rest of us too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    How so? Rolling you back to 30 with 1.7k is exactly where you would have been. You would just have to put in the same work as everyone else.

You also wouldn't be punished, a punishment would be getting banned. Rolling you back would be a correction.
    I agree. because then people will complain next week when the new content is going to be released. Sorry if you think its bad, but when I see threads pop up saying when are we going to get new stuff i feel that the only exception is SL (waited a year). maybe insted of saying its unfair maybe there should have been a report to STS saying there is a bug, instead of exploiting it.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles:764424

Cool, so why would you mind if you were rolled back? You knew full well the xp was incorrect.

Down With the Rep

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204:764440
    Because it's not fair to those who had to work or other appointments and could grind for hours straight. Honestly, when the new campaigns were release did u really think you'd hit 31 in day? If the players aren't rolled back they have to leave it at 1700 for the rest of us too.

I grinded for hours straight. I pulled an all-nighter to level. Don't make it seem like we didn't grind at all and honestly I've seen many people hit cap in one day by doing all the timers and nonstop grinding.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I was about to congratulate the dedication for those that reached L31 cap so early. When I woke up I saw pics of the cap reward pet and I had thought "wow, that's massive to get there in a just a few hours after the update."Then I see this, and that those few may get a free ride on 15-16k xp. Not the same achievement knowing that at all.

Anywho, STS give some serious thought on how to solve it. it is a small minority of players that benefited from the accident, but as word spreads of "the few that did 1700 and capped" or "the chosen ones" LOL, it may rub more than a minority the wrong way. One possible outcome could be them remaining short on xp for the next cap increase and needing to do the 15-16k before reaching L32.
    That would suck! BOoOOooo!

For me, i'm passing time til the SL cap increase. This don't bother me really whatever is decided.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I grinded for hours straight. I pulled an all-nighter to level. Don't make it seem like we didn't grind at all and honestly I've seen many people hit cap in one day by doing all the timers and nonstop grinding.

that's not what I'm saying at all. I know u grinded a lot but you would have had to grind 10x more to reach cap. I'm just saying that I didn't have time to do a lot of grinding and I want to be treated the same as those who had the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

People would be capped within 2 hours, whether there be a Bug or not.
    SL: L.41 xPaarx
    PL: L.66 Paaraseva
    DL: L.21 Jupiter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rolocoaster View Post
    but what about the time they could of been leveling in 3d missions and in timed quests and are unable to do so because they capped early? this whole time between them reaching cap and now they couldve been way more into 30 or even capped. to put them back into 1.7k into 30 seems unfair as well if this is was a mistake by spacetime studios and not by the players . just a thought
    how ever you want to beat around the bush. you knew the cap was 31 and knowing that you honestly think 1.7k was it?...
    i dont play dl but i think it should be fixed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

thats why a mission for 17k would help. some kind of reward like plat vanity or tons of gold ya'know. hard work like that isn't easy, and I know thren...she worked at it.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

I stopped short of capp no free rides here..
    Last edited by mafiainc42; 08-29-2012 at 03:25 PM.
    "To achieve things that others cant you must do things that others wont"
    When in doubt, ask yourself, "What would Judgement do!!"

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mafiainc42 For This Useful Post:

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy:764443
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_uPebbles:764424

Cool, so why would you mind if you were rolled back? You knew full well the xp was incorrect.

I knew when I leveled. Not before. Via the level up window that popped up after looking at the exp bar (selected it) to see whats up & reported. I don't want a roll back because its not fair to us. We leveled and get to use the new gear and have the new van -which in no way effects anyone else- other than we got there first and you didn't. It was not our fault so I don't want to lose the ability to use those items in game -at this time-.

Edited for clarification lol.

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 08-29-2012 at 03:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles:764458

I knew when I leveled. Not before. Via the level up window that popped up. I don't want a roll back because its not fair to us. We leveled and get to use the new gear and have the new van -which in no way effects anyone else- other than we got there first and you didn't. It was not our fault so I don't want to lose the ability to use those items in game.

You're telling me you didn't check your xp once while grinding to 31? I don't believe that for a second. Even if you hadn't known, you would have noticed your xp bar going up as fast as a normal level. Not a moral fiber to be had here i suppose.

Do as you wish Cara, i have no plans on rage quitting either way, STS will just lose more of my respect if the right thing isn't done. Imma head out, if there's one thing i hate more than anything, it's a blatant liar.

Down With the Rep

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Lowlyspy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

No comment!!!!!!!!
    "To achieve things that others cant you must do things that others wont"
    When in doubt, ask yourself, "What would Judgement do!!"