Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Mystery of the Dark Legends Pentagram

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Since i don't want to type a long drawn out explanation for information that can be pulled easily off of wikipedia, check wikipedia. It is a symbol used for a very long time by many cultures and religions. Even christianity. It is used as a protection symbol and symbolizes the 5 wounds of christ (left and right feet, left and right hands, and the wound to his side).

It has roots in many cultures and every religion. people that don't know their own religions well, commonly confuse this symbol being satanic because of rock bands that used it (remember rock, even the mild stuff from the 1950 was considered the devils music).

that symbol is deeply rooted in the cultures of everyone on the planet and generally symbolizes the 4 elements fire ,earth, wind, water, and the fifth at the top, spirit with the circle representing the uniting all. Or as a symbol of man, 2 arms, 2 legs, and the head with the circle representing the spirit that unites all the parts into the whole (the spirit).

Regardless people will see and think whatever they please on any given subject. One persons cartoon mickey mouse, is another persons devil,
    or a symbol of capitalism.

KillaSkillz- my guess 8312

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KillaSkillz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

THIS IS WELL SAID. People have to realize that words and symbols are equivocal. That is to say they take on meaning....pentagram has it's roots so far up everything that scholars still debate to this very day its genesis.In fact some "occult" members wont use it because they fear it has it's roots in Christianity (star of David.)

Either way OP, I too am Christian and had this very same issues. My mate saw it and backed out right away...So my advice is, if this hinders your spiritual walk, please refrain from playing it. If it doesn't then go kick some monster's buttocks.

Quote Originally Posted by KillaSkillz View Post
    Since i don't want to type a long drawn out explanation for information that can be pulled easily off of wikipedia, check wikipedia. It is a symbol used for a very long time by many cultures and religions. Even christianity. It is used as a protection symbol and symbolizes the 5 wounds of christ (left and right feet, left and right hands, and the wound to his side).

It has roots in many cultures and every religion. people that don't know their own religions well, commonly confuse this symbol being satanic because of rock bands that used it (remember rock, even the mild stuff from the 1950 was considered the devils music).

that symbol is deeply rooted in the cultures of everyone on the planet and generally symbolizes the 4 elements fire ,earth, wind, water, and the fifth at the top, spirit with the circle representing the uniting all. Or as a symbol of man, 2 arms, 2 legs, and the head with the circle representing the spirit that unites all the parts into the whole (the spirit).

Regardless people will see and think whatever they please on any given subject. One persons cartoon mickey mouse, is another persons devil,
    or a symbol of capitalism.