Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: We want your feedback! - Ally Rebalances

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Moderator - Inactive RedStapler's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Default We want your feedback! - Ally Rebalances

Hey everyone!

Now that you’ve had a few days to play the new updates Dark Legends, we want to hear what you have to say about how the Allies have been rebalanced. Have you found it useful? Is it helping your game?

Please reply in this thread with your thoughts, questions, comments, and suggestions!

If you’d like to see and weigh in on what else we’ve updated, please check this thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...aigns-and-More!

Thanks so much, everyone!

-RS

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RedStapler For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

tbh I havent really noticed the rebalanced allies because I havent rlly paid attention to the xp in the past and now but i still like the allies!
    Jcyee: 76 PL Bear | 41 AL Warrior | 36 DL Vampire

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jcyee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Honestly, RedStapler, I just go with the flow they were good before, and I guess they're even better now. Didn't take too much time to notice. Although it seems in each campaign there's a guy with mainly xp, mainly gold, and a balance of each. Which is nice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I have to agree with @Jcyee I haven't noticed the changes a whole lot but I always have several working

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by disowninglook View Post
    I have to agree with @Jcyee I haven't noticed the changes a whole lot but I always have several working
    i noticed, though i don't know why there was a rebalancing...

previously there were allies (i like to call them minions) who were best for cash and those that were best for xp...now there still are both, nothing changes as far as I'm concerned except which minions are best for which rewards.

i can say it was a pain to update my excel spreadsheet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default Maybe if I say "Pretty please"?

I'm content with the rebalance but I do wish for some enhancements to improve player experience.

1. You have timers in many places but no visible timer for "ripe" allies and nightly missions. There are many reasons why one might want to not collect them immediately - emergencies, sequencing your game actions for maximum benefit (like spending energy before you level and you are about to level if you collect your next ally), etc. Please add visible expiration timers on completed items.
    2. For similar reasons I'd like to be able to see what the "ripe" allies are going to reward before I actually collect it. Could you please add a "Toggle ally collection (enables loot preview)" setting?
    3. You can see possible loot types for 3D missions but nothing about the allies. They have different loot type names (major, minor, greater, lesser) but they say nothing but "random item drop" for the 24 hours allies. Could you please add a loot table (with level limits) for allies like you have for 3D missions?
    4. Next - I don't care for or about the notification bar nags that tell you when allies or nightly missions are ready. I play when I can and the nag just annoys me. It actually bugs me so much I take the extra step of force stopping the background application every time I exit the game. Could you please add an option for "Quit on exit (do not run in background)"?
    5. In game brightness slider - some of the missions are excessively dark and with my brightness turned all the way up I can still barely see. Could you please add a brightness slider in game so I can lighten up those areas?
    6. Stashing gold and blood packs - I understand there was some exploit regarding stashing blood packs (though I never learned what it was), I'm not sure if it applied to gold as well. However the current situation is just annoying - you can't prevent sharing gold without disabling the ability to sell things so the only thing I see being accomplished by blocking stashing gold is inconvenience to the players. I have to muck around with multiple devices and accounts to combine all my gold on my main character, it's tedious and I don't see any value being served by it.

Congratulations on DL overall - it's still my favorite STS game exactly for the ways it is different from PL and SL:
    • No kids in game so mature language, appearances, etc. are ok (though some people still go overboard and I still sometimes have to report and ignore, nowhere near as much as I did in the other games.)
    • I like the vampire theme of course - not a big Twilight fan, prefer Vampire: The Masquerade, Laurell K. Hamilton, The Vampire Lestat, etc.
    • I like the "charge up" attack style.
    • I like having the allies, they really help balance the game better so it isn't the exclusive domain of the most fanatical players - ruining it for everyone else.
    • I like the more realistic, less "cartoony" graphics.
    • Did I mention I like the vampire theme?
    2.718281828459045235360287471352662497757247093699 95957496696762772407663035354759457138217852516642 74274663919320030599218174135966290435729003342952 60595630738132328

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by n00b13st View Post
    [*]I like having the allies, they really help balance the game better so it isn't the exclusive domain of the most fanatical players - ruining it for everyone else.[*]I like the more realistic, less "cartoony" graphics.
    i agree with both...

but i don't like that when i zoom in i can't see much of what surrounds my character...

it may be difficult but i would love a system that, when I zoom in, changes the camera angles somehow to show more of what is in front of the character. (in front meaning to the top and right of the screen)...anyone else like the idea of a new view? oh...and bouncing body parts never hurt anyone. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

The Allies could drop Platinum coins a few times rather than several repetitive weapons of chests (Timer 1d: 0h), it does not have to be too much platinum, maybe as rare as "Nightly Rewards" (1-3 coins)
    I think this would help keep new players that are still adapting to the game and exploring, I mean the new ones players who do not feel safe buying Platinum so early.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phosgore For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phosgore View Post
    The Allies could drop Platinum coins a few times rather than several repetitive weapons of chests (Timer 1d: 0h), it does not have to be too much platinum, maybe as rare as "Nightly Rewards" (1-3 coins)
    I think this would help keep new players that are still adapting to the game and exploring, I mean the new ones players who do not feel safe buying Platinum so early.
    Yeah I agree, but I would go 1-5plat so they can at least have a chance to forge items

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Russel99 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

My pvp name was quanabella have 75k pvp kills enjoyed pvp at lvl 36 and 41 even though there was pay to win in 41 my I was still killing people. Logged back on dl I see this stupid forge pay to win lol. Pvp is no fun anymore. Everyone use bless 5 brim and fire.
    I remember when there was a time people could use any skills and win. 8 tried the forge system cant even get good **** spent like 7m coins gg sts u guys outdid it yourself. Why cant we lock forge for example I get 15x 3 dmg then my 4th slot is 100 coin boost like really? That's stupid. Lvl 36-41 pvp back then was really fun now lost interest in the pvp system sorry. U guys just let a good player go

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lol agree with a lot of this tbh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Seems way easier to level especially since the experience elixer works with allies. Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I also got to agree alot with n00b13st on those facts that he has mentioned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Is it possible to change the fire aura skill to become a toggle skill? So it will remain active until the user press on it again to toggle it off. And of course it will drain hp per second when the skill is toggle on.