Thread: Elixirs/Plat Gameplay

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Default Elixirs/Plat Gameplay

I had the convenient experience of using a second account over the past week, and aside from some level 35 gear i received from a friend, i used only stuff that i got as drops or bought with money from sold drops. I made it too 70 in about 3 days thanks to the stacked 2x and pure shamrock thrashers. i had around 40k of gold till i reached 55, i had cleared the nuri normal maps and then hopped in the 'premium' nuri dungeon till i hit 58. this conveniently allowed me to earn within 2 drops 2.5 mil. by level 70 i had 3 mil thanks to some rerolls in humania.
    Personally i find this feat somewhat ridiculous for several reasons

-end game with a 3 day old account
    -3 mil with a 3 day old account

sadly both of these come down to plat and elixirs
    8x xp
    low supply of these new nuri items since only heavy plat buys can bring them out to everyone else
    all it takes is a purple to get a pink

somewhat related to plat is the high inflation in PL items which makes almost anything of value worth almost 1 mil
    thanks to plat elixirs totally killing the old gold drain of gold elixirs now almost every bit of gold added to the game stays in circulation thus blowing prices through the roof for items that dont even have that low of a supply such as end game sets.

as i said above about this accomplishment being completed in 3 days, im not trying to hate on noobs, but personally i think they miss out on alot of the content, and to be honest being a noob was almost more fun, you had more to work for, but anyways back on topic

also with the issue of all of the lag, i think this solution would be fitting
    two servers for PL again, but they would be running varied versions of the game
    the normal one, alterra would remain the same
    a new one, probably named elyseonland or something, without plat

of course the first thing that comes up is 'at the end of the day, sts is a business and has to make money'. We all know this well, and its quite obvious to everyone playing the game these days, but obviously 16 months ago and 2 years ago the game was making money or you wouldnt have continued with it. Today you would be doing fine without these plat elixirs and premium dungeons, the player base has grown much larger and with three games you would make plenty of money.

also i have no problem with wanting to make more money as any of the devs could check Im not the one spending $5 on the game once, i have no problem spending money on the game, but i want to spend it on the great game that drew me in.

also a platless server might not reduce your players as much as you think many of the big spenders probably enjoy being able to easily level multiple characters, or to be able to farm their gear easier.

even in the case that it would destroy the games cashflow, who said it had to be a free platless server/version. I would gladly pay to switch over, it could be a subscription or a paid app.

i really want to continue to enjoy this game but if its balance is continually traded out for money, i will have to start taking several breaks
    i post this cuz i care not cuz im hating on anyone or anything.
    please comment how you would/do feel about this
    (devs also please)

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Elyseon For This Useful Post: