Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: About the forgotten items

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Techno Email View Post
    We will "rarely ever" tell you that we're "never" going to do something. We will sooner give you guys new items to help balance these out than nerf the existing stuff.
    UGHH!!!! New items!? That means we lost so much money on items before, and the diversity of each class such as dex bears tank bears etc got destroyed! If these items are even STRONGER than the forgotten items then it would be worse............... What would really make us happy is to just nerf their damage:/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Maybe STS means better armour to come out to balance out the damage?
    EdtheEagle - Lvl 76 bird a.k.a. "Yeti fodder".
    Curiositee - Lvl 76 mage a.k.a. farmer alt
    Edthe Rhino - Lvl 76 Rhino / Gold Mule ha ha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    Thats even worse........ ARMOUR AND WEAPONS are screwed then.... Won't it affect the market? Since all the people use will be the armour and forgotten weapons. D:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

We will "rarely ever" tell you that we're "never" going to do something. We will sooner give you guys new items to help balance these out than nerf the existing stuff.
    This would be a good thing if the damage wasn't as high as it was. I'm sure the dev team likes the idea of moving forward into a new tier of weapons, but the damage on this is too high to have fun with. Let's keep in mind this isn't just endgame, the most updated level. Low level doesn't expect or ask for updates generally, if they want new content they simply level up. That's probably one of the major reasons low level players choose to stay low level, it's consistently fun. Endgame is undoubtedly fun. It is challenging in many aspects, but from time to time, the dev team has oopsies. They gave a certain set quite a bit of an advantage or simply had a graphical glitch. Many players dodge this by doing low level, but not since the forgotten weapons. As far as making new OP weapons, only logs onto the fire my friend. Rather than create a chain of super weapons only raising in damage until everyone 1 hits each other, why not just make these equal but different from the previous 2h weapons?
    I know I'm just one guy with an opinion, but if you go around and actually ask players who have been around for awhile how they like the stats on the new weapons, you will get a pretty negative response. If you want some opinions uncensored, go to 10-20 PvP games with a new character and see what anyone has to say. I've found that the people who don't want these weapons to be nerfed, aren't even affected by them. Not that you'll read this or take my advice on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Let's keep in mind this isn't Endgame PvP. These mostly affected low level and some other twinking levels. The day low level has over 150 dps with a ranged weapon and over 100 armor is a sad day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

There goes my 2010 winterfest investments.... oh well, we live and learn.. so the old statement on never investing on new released items went down the drain.. winterfest sale

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    ***Proud member of COT Guild***

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

I'm excited, at least you actually get different stuff instead of the sammmee olllddd voodoo and whatever else, the devs know what they are doing so I'm sure it will be fine.
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

If the bows were to be nerfed, <l30 Pure Dex birds are gonna perish. :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    If the bows were to be nerfed, <l30 Pure Dex birds are gonna perish. :/
    Yea true, but then its back to the good old iceberg longsword warbird

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2
    Sometimes I can't stop the shaking, but at least I know I'm not dead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Divinemayhem View Post
    Yea true, but then its back to the good old iceberg longsword warbird

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2
    Longswords and hatchets are really cool on birds.

11.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #31
    Developer - Inactive Techno Email's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

This is an interesting idea!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

This makes me sad. Sure, what does my opinion matter to anyone, but if it did this would never happen. We are talking about level10-20 pvp. Why must we complicate it with higher armor and dps rather than just balance the forgotten bow.. Im losing my faith in you, Techno

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yich View Post
    This makes me sad. Sure, what does my opinion matter to anyone, but if it did this would never happen. We are talking about level10-20 pvp. Why must we complicate it with higher armor and dps rather than just balance the forgotten bow.. Im losing my faith in you, Techno
    Has it crossed anyones mind that a change in gear and stats actualy places a challange in pvp? We used to be able to stack gear and points making people work hard to put together a build, that was taken away, this turned low lvl pvp into a mess of screaming cying people.... We over came... Then only some of the gear had stats lowered we still over came... Lvl 10-15 is a bear world will forever be because mages and birds do not have buffs yet... But they over came... Every lvl cap better gear is given every lvl pvp has to adapt and overcome... For those who remeber GCD intro.... Mayham here in forums... Players screamed cried and pitched fits.... We all over came... Honestley we need other gear to play with in pvp other build abilities new challanges so what you die... Get up and overcome... If everyone wants a game that stays the same play a simple game that does not change.. Pl is a game of change, change seems to bring forth the complaints.. However just like life if you can not overcome a challange the. You will live in your comfort zone and NEVER grow and move forward. Change is good even when it is tough..

Into of armours, helmets etc that help balance of new gear is not a bad idea... People practice, with skill is what rocks pvp and pve..
    IF YOU BELIEVE YOU WILL ACHIEVE.....
    Just lady..tigerizstar..mivida..ladyhadazza..ladyhadasa

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LADYHADASSA For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

@Techno Email...

During the almost 15 years I've been playing MMOs (started with Ultima Online), one of the absolute worst trends, that inevitabely led to the demise of a given game, was adding more power to balance something that was overpowered.

players: "This skill from class A is too strong"
    Devs: "OK, we're making this skill for class B stronger to counter it"
    players: "Now class B is owning everyone"
    Devs: "OK, we're making this skill from class C...."

IMO, which is quite humble, it's always better to adjust downwards, not upwards.

One of the biggest complains that I see in game, specific to PvP, is that everything happens too fast.
    People complain that dex birds kill in 2 or 3 hits. faster with crit.
    People complain that mages kill in 2 or 3 hits with drain, ice, etc...

You never hear about anyone with str as a stat killing too fast, whether it's a bear, pali, or warbird. Maybe the solution is to actually rebalance the skills and stats for less damage, and healing, across the board. instead of 3-shot average, it takes 10. Something overpowered at a specific level, like a forgotten bow, would lower that to 7 or 8.

Put victory back into the hands of the player instead of the realm of pure luck and extreme disparity we see now.

It's really sad that some classes/builds stand out with nothing more than the game mechanics, and not their own skill.

this is end-game, not mid-level... I see a mage. If I KNOW they have never PvPed before, I know my chances are 50%. If they have any amount of skill at all in PvP, there's a 98% chance they are going to drop any non-mage no matter how skilled that person is.

Same with Dex birds. Most don't even need to kite. 90% of your health gone in 1 shot does not take skill into account in any way.

Again, IMO, the best solution is to roll damage and healing way back so there is actually a level of skill involved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

That is definitely NOT a good idea! Hasn't STS had enough of complaints regarding the Forgotten weapons? If new armors with high Armor stats were to be added, that could possibly mean that the prices of the l5&l15 Crafted's will drop! Meaning.. More complaints!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I just want to know what nerfing is, I'm kind of confused here. Anyway, if nerfing means that they are gone, then thats a bad thing and I should get rid of all the ones I have now but if it won't last much longer then I should sell them ASAP. Is there like some specific time when the devs will nerf it? mean, I did spend my worth of thrashers, maybe 2 in the forgotten treasure dungeon and I dont want to have wasted that 76 platinum on weapons that will just dissapear randomly. I know I can make a lot of gold off of this so before they are nerfed if they are ever can there be a warning?
    Total Obliteration+Total Death=Obliterdeath

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trunzoc View Post
    @Techno Email...

During the almost 15 years I've been playing MMOs (started with Ultima Online), one of the absolute worst trends, that inevitabely led to the demise of a given game, was adding more power to balance something that was overpowered.

IMO, which is quite humble, it's always better to adjust downwards, not upwards.

One of the biggest complains that I see in game, specific to PvP, is that everything happens too fast.

You never hear about anyone with str as a stat killing too fast, whether it's a bear, pali, or warbird. Maybe the solution is to actually rebalance the skills and stats for less damage, and healing, across the board. instead of 3-shot average, it takes 10. Something overpowered at a specific level, like a forgotten bow, would lower that to 7 or 8.

Put victory back into the hands of the player instead of the realm of pure luck and extreme disparity we see now.

It's really sad that some classes/builds stand out with nothing more than the game mechanics, and not their own skill.

this is end-game, not mid-level... I see a mage. If I KNOW they have never PvPed before, I know my chances are 50%. If they have any amount of skill at all in PvP, there's a 98% chance they are going to drop any non-mage no matter how skilled that person is.

Same with Dex birds. Most don't even need to kite. 90% of your health gone in 1 shot does not take skill into account in any way.

Again, IMO, the best solution is to roll damage and healing way back so there is actually a level of skill involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by trunzoc View Post
    @Techno Email...

Sorry but this is a exaggerated statement. Its not lyck that wins its skill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I may be paranoid but they could be making expansions like crazy to squeeze the last of plat from the people who are dedicated pvers at endgame and giving up on everyone else because we don't spend as much thrashering to new cap or farming the new elites. Why not ruin the game and make us play AL? Bet plat prices there are going to be insane like DL was also. Idk if they're trying to do this, but most low lvl twinks are feeling like it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I don't pvp, so I can't speak to that, but as a pve-er, the forgotten bows are pretty rad. My bird with the 71 forgotten bow is a killing machine!
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

@Techno
    Armour to balance it out!? D: Everyone uses the Forgotten Bows in pvp.... Now an armour to balance it out? You mean you want everyone to have the same armour and weapon? It was bad enough with just the bow..... In my opinion I suggest you guys just NERF the forgotten item damages like most people want. Please?