Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: About the forgotten items

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Obliterdeath View Post
    I just want to know what nerfing is, I'm kind of confused here. Anyway, if nerfing means that they are gone, then thats a bad thing and I should get rid of all the ones I have now but if it won't last much longer then I should sell them ASAP. Is there like some specific time when the devs will nerf it? mean, I did spend my worth of thrashers, maybe 2 in the forgotten treasure dungeon and I dont want to have wasted that 76 platinum on weapons that will just dissapear randomly. I know I can make a lot of gold off of this so before they are nerfed if they are ever can there be a warning?
    Don't worry. Nerfing means to lower the stats of an item to make it less powerful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ephesius View Post
    Sorry but this is a exaggerated statement. Its not lyck that wins its skill.
    This coming from a MAGE...

Not to mention a mage that thinks he's uber, and that he's the best PvPer in the game, because at 67, he stand an even chance against fully crafted 71 birds and bears.

Stop making my point for me Eph.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Techno Email View Post
    We will "rarely ever" tell you that we're "never" going to do something. We will sooner give you guys new items to help balance these out than nerf the existing stuff.
    You mean by sets? full sets or just a mage wand and staff and a bears 1h sword and longsword..?
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

a cardboard box within a cardboard box inside vyxnaars cardboard box body (he's a pinata)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I pvp at lvls 10-26. Imo, people who want the bows nerfed are dex bears that are getting owned by mages and birds now. Before the forgotten bows, low lvl pvp was dominated by dex bears. The bows gave lvl 10-17 birds and mages a fighting chance against these dex bears. I use all 3 classes in low lvl pvp and I've found that its not completely luck based. I've messed around with different builds for each class and different items with forgotten bows and found that its still skill that wins. If you ask me, bears are still dominant in low lvl pvp cause of their rage. I've said it before in another thread. Try different builds, rings and armor. Don't stick to the same build you used before forgotten bows. Experiment with different builds and gear. For pve, the forgotten weaps are awesome for farming. Bosses are easier to solo and in a group they come in handy to dealing damage. Why these weaps should be nerfed? I don't know anymore. There was a time that I agreed to have em nerfed but after I played with the bows and messed around with builds and gear, I honestly like them.
    Last edited by Xettacross; 09-10-2012 at 05:45 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Here's a interesting and surprising fact. -

I've seen many birds in game and in forum also to say that forgotten bows are op but in game they are using longbow set/xbow set (mainly)/str gear. So if fb is so op why are they using anything else. The real fact is fb alone is still underpowered compare to a proper dex set with combining its range specially mid-low level to highest level.

Its actually at lower levels bears and mid-lower level mages spam it with their ~+30 damage buff.

I also guess its most of the mages are shouting about fb, cuz they used to own dex birds in general, feeling a bit challenging now?
    Last edited by Waug; 09-10-2012 at 06:10 AM.

a cardboard box within a cardboard box inside vyxnaars cardboard box body (he's a pinata)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Someone's always gonna complain whether they be a pro or a noob. Noobs complain fb is op cause they can't win. Pros complain fb is op cause they kill to fast. If someone decides to use different sets other than fb than great. If it works for them then awesome. Doesn't mean we have to nerf the fb's and ruin the game for other people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xettacross View Post
    I pvp at lvls 10-26. Imo, people who want the bows nerfed are dex bears that are getting owned by mages and birds now. Before the forgotten bows, low lvl pvp was dominated by dex bears. The bows gave lvl 10-17 birds and mages a fighting chance against these dex bears. I use all 3 classes in low lvl pvp and I've found that its not completely luck based. I've messed around with different builds for each class and different items with forgotten bows and found that its still skill that wins. If you ask me, bears are still dominant in low lvl pvp cause of their rage. I've said it before in another thread. Try different builds, rings and armor. Don't stick to the same build you used before forgotten bows. Experiment with different builds and gear. For pve, the forgotten weaps are awesome for farming. Bosses are easier to solo and in a group they come in handy to dealing damage. Why these weaps should be nerfed? I don't know anymore. There was a time that I agreed to have em nerfed but after I played with the bows and messed around with builds and gear, I honestly like them.
    That's at 15-20 pvp, but if you go higher like 30-40 even 45 maybe higher the bows kill your mana in an instant doesn't matter what build not much skill unless your faster or it's a battle of who has the fastest Internet it's pathetic and all you have to do is spam skills and you might win.. 40% Skill 60% Luck..
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by legendfb View Post
    Here's a interesting and surprising fact. -

I've seen many birds in game and in forum also to say that forgotten bows are op but in game they are using longbow set/xbow set (mainly)/str gear. So if fb is so op why are they using anything else. The real fact is fb alone is still underpowered compare to a proper dex set with combining its range specially mid-low level to highest level.

Its actually at lower levels bears and mid-lower level mages spam it with their ~+30 damage buff.

I also guess its most of the mages are shouting about fb, cuz they used to own dex birds in general, feeling a bit challenging now?
    Eww. Are you even sure your correct?. The fact that the Forgotten Bow actually beats a Sanguine Longbow is already too shocking.

So devs wants to make new armor? Huh? A remembered armor? Make a set for forgotten weapons? Wow. Just wow.

Most games like this are ruined due to the fact of Overpowered equipment. It is sad that because of this, PL will never be the same. Old School Rules. Somethings are un-adaptable. I hope PL wont fall into that.

I myself even feel as if your making us quit PL and play AL. Please Dont Make me feel this way.