Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: St. Patricks's Day "Return to Lucky Lemuel's Lair!"

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,872 Posts

Default St. Patricks's Day "Return to Lucky Lemuel's Lair!"

Event runs March 9th through 23rd.

Name:  pl_st_pats_lucky_lilly.png
Views: 2243
Size:  608.8 KB

The Pocket Legends St. Paddy's Leaderboard event comes roaring back!

Lucky Lilly
    Go talk to Lucky Lilly in Forest Haven when the St. Paddy's event begins. She will give you the scoop on how to score, what sort of prizes to expect and how to earn Victory Tiers.

Lilly sells character-bound and trade-friendly "Mystic Silver Serpent" Vanity Item Sets (for 1.5MM gold and 700 Platinum, respectively). Each set comes with three (3) items:
    + Mystic Silver Serpent Armor
    + Mystic Silver Serpent Helm
    + Mystic Silver Serpent Shield

Name:  pl_st_pats_silver_serpent.png
Views: 1997
Size:  940.4 KB
    By itself the "Mystic Silver Serpent Shield" gives you +15% Luck and +15% Bonus Gold!

Wear the four (4) piece "Mystic Silver Serpent" Set (including leaderboard reward weapon) and get +30% Luck, +50% Bonus Gold, +14 STR, DEX, INT, 3X Damage (only in PvE).

Lilly also sells the "Green Metal Mohawk" hairstyle.

Lucky Lemuel's Lair
    The St. Paddy's Event dungeon can be accessed by using the "Lemuel's Lair Key" item.

Lucky Lilly sells a trade-friendly Lair Key item pack for two (2) Platinum. Open this kit to receive one (1) hour access to Host or Join "Lucky Lemuel's Lair" from the Legendary Campaigns Map Category.

Victory Tiers
    Defeat monsters in Lemuel's Lair to score points.
    + Collect 20000 points to earn Bronze Tier.
    + Collect 40000 points for Silver Tier.
    + Collect 75000 points for Gold Tier.

Victory Vendor Items
    Purchase items from Lucky Lilly when the event is over:
    + The Leprechoblin Pet - +25% Luck, +25% Bonus Gold, 2X Speed, 1.5X Damage, +3500 Health (in PVE)
    + The Soaring Shamrock Pet - +25% Luck, +25% Bonus Gold, 2X Experience, 1.5X Armor, +3500 Damage (in PVE)
    + The Courageous Crusader Shield - +10% Bonus Gold Loot!
    + The Emerald Ingot Shield - +10% Loot Re-Roll Chance!
    + The Emerald Dragon's Egg - +10% Bonus Gold, +10 Base Damage (in PVE)!
    + The Shamrock Spectacles - +7% Bonus Gold (and like +7000% Bonus Style :-))
    + Black Holo Shield
    + Black Holo Vortex Shield

NOTE: trade-friendly items are purchased for Platinum, account-bound (stash-friendly) items can be purchased for gold.

As with previous events, Lucky Lilly's Platinum prices are based on your Tier. Best prices for Gold Tier.

Leaderboard Rewards
    In addition to Victory Tiers, this event also has special free rewards for top Leaderboard ranks:

Top 50 Ranks get 250,000 gold and three (3) "Mystic Silver Serpent" two-handed Vanity weapon items: the Crossbow, the Staff and the Longsword.
    Top 25 get 500,000 gold, three (3) "Mystic Silver Serpent" two-handed Vanity weapon items and their choice of one (1) from the following items: Mystic Silver Serpent Dual Daggers, Mystic Silver Serpent Shortsword, Mystic Silver Serpent Wand.
    Top 10 get 1,000,000 gold, three (3) "Mystic Silver Serpent" two-handed Vanity weapon items and their choice of Mystic Silver Serpent Dual Daggers, Mystic Silver Serpent Shortsword, Mystic Silver Serpent Wand and the Lucky Clover Crest Badge!

Name:  pl_st_pats_badge.png
Views: 1799
Size:  35.6 KB

May the Luck o' Legends be yours this season!
    Last edited by Futumsh; 02-10-2023 at 12:25 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Futumsh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

New event, new items. Sounds good

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts

How exciting we haven't had St Patrick's day seasonal event since 2020.

Very thankful it returns again this year.

I noticed the new vanity , Black holo vortex Shield which many have suggested in the past. And new Mystic Silver Serpent set , despite the recolour it is growing on me, hopefully there is a glow effect aura like the original Mystic Serpent set.

Thank you Futumsh and the STS team for this surprise event.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

can you show us what the lb rewards look like? the only one shown in the preview is the serpant wand.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kazori For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

can you add black balloon, I know you got it hiding somewhere deep in the file banks in texas >

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curvatwo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Add the badge also as droppable but (rare like lovey). Because those top10 players are same every time. Ty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

can't wait. thank you STS.
    when I'm home alone I like to go out in my garden and cover myself with dirt and pretend I'm a carrot.
    -hqrdcqre

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Sounds exciting! Will there be a sub dungeon like in 2018 or 17 where we could go and farm old gen St Patrick's items? Either way looks cool thanks STS team

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _Reunited_ For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Nice event

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

PL downloading… Been Craving an event Thanks a lot cinco Look forward to Grind some Loot!
    Blackholo returns 👏🏾

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

a black gaze with effects just like the burning gaze would be sick with the black holo/black vortex.
    when I'm home alone I like to go out in my garden and cover myself with dirt and pretend I'm a carrot.
    -hqrdcqre

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hqrdcqre For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

That would be so cool, I've always thought the human faces with gaze eyes would be cool too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Is this event for plat only? Is there content for us that cant spend real money one the game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemeaneye View Post
    Is this event for plat only? Is there content for us that cant spend real money one the game?
    Free to play, gamers can buy the LEMUEL'S LAIR Key Kit, off others or those who sell ther event elixirs in the Consignment Store.

The Valentine's Day Event and The St Patrick's Day events are the only two seasonal events on Pocket Legends that are a gold sink, to combat the rising inflation issue on game.

You can buy vanity items off the vendor for PL gold that will be account bound.

These two necessary gold sink events are vital to the economy on game.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

i've noticed in the past leaderboard events some players in the top 10 used to exploit it by getting the same points to get in the same spot for reward can you fix it so only top 10 can get the rewards and not more ?.
    Last edited by hqrdcqre; 03-14-2023 at 06:29 AM.
    -hqrdcqre

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

The lucky clover badge looks so cool!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hqrdcqre View Post
    hi STS, i've noticed in the past leaderboard events some evil players in the top 10 used to exploit it by getting the same points to get in the same spot for reward can you fix it so only top 10 can get the rewards and not more ?.
    That's called a 'tie' its been in game for years, even on AL. And it shouldn't be removed just because of your own personal issue with other player/s.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Endpoints For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Endpoints View Post
    That's called a 'tie' its been in game for years, even on AL. And it shouldn't be removed just because of your own personal issue with other player/s.
    a leaderboard is used to show the progress of individual players and compare their performance with others, most of games may use tie-breaking rules to determine the order of players with the same score. These rules may be based on various factors, such as the time taken to achieve the score or the number of attempts it took to achieve the score.

-When two or more players tie for the same position on a leaderboard, it can be frustrating for those players who feel that their efforts were not fully recognized or rewarded. In some cases, tying for a position may mean that a player misses out on rewards or recognition that would have come with a higher position.

-For competitive players, ties can be demotivating as it can feel like their efforts were not enough to set them apart from other players. When players are unable to distinguish themselves from others on a leaderboard, it can be demoralizing and may lead to a loss of interest in the game.

-In some cases, a tie may be perceived as unfair if the game doesn't have a clear tiebreaker system. Players who feel that they deserve a higher position on the leaderboard may become frustrated if they feel that they were not given a fair chance to break the tie.

ties can be demotivating, frustrating, and unfair for players who are competing for recognition or rewards. Leaderboards in games are an essential feature that provides a competitive element to the game. If players coordinate with each other, where is the competition?
    I understand that it might seem like I have a personal issue with other players, but I assure you that my behavior in the game is not based on personal feelings. I'm simply trying to play the game to the best of my ability and achieve my goals.
    -hqrdcqre

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I don't understand the 'demotivating and frustrating' part when its a mutual decision of two or more players if they want to tie, and thats what happened last Halloween Event. No one's forcing anyone to tie.
    Unfair and no competition? Do you think those who tie didn't grind for their spot on LB? And if you really want to get to leaderboard then just simply score/grind more than them its that simple.
    Coordination with each other is a problem now? How about Gauntlet then? I don't really see anyone else having problem with it, are you affected by it by anyway? Have you even run for leaderboards multiple times?
    And calling other players "evil" sure is the best way for you to play the game huh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Endpoints View Post
    I don't understand the 'demotivating and frustrating' part when its a mutual decision of two or more players if they want to tie, and thats what happened last Halloween Event. No one's forcing anyone to tie.
    Unfair and no competition? Do you think those who tie didn't grind for their spot on LB? And if you really want to get to leaderboard then just simply score/grind more than them its that simple.
    Coordination with each other is a problem now? How about Gauntlet then? I don't really see anyone else having problem with it, are you affected by it by anyway? Have you even run for leaderboards multiple times?
    And calling other players "evil" sure is the best way for you to play the game huh

It's true that tying for a position on a leaderboard doesn't necessarily mean that the tied players didn't grind for their spot on the leaderboard. However, some players may still perceive it as unfair if there isn't a clear tiebreaker system in place or if they feel that they were not given a fair chance to break the tie.
    To avoid any potential drama or personal issues, I will refrain from further replies. I simply wanted to express my opinion on the current leaderboard system.
    -hqrdcqre