Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: StarLegends Weapon Design Contest - ENGINEER SUBMISSIONS THREAD

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Moderator - Inactive RedStapler's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Default StarLegends Weapon Design Contest - ENGINEER SUBMISSIONS THREAD

SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED! THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING!

ENGINEER SUBMISSIONS

Weapon designs should be appropriate for Engineer class characters

Please read the contest announcement thread for all the details of this contest.

A good submission post will include:

• Character Name:
    • Category: Which category is the weapon submission for? Engineer, Commando or Operative? Please post to the correct thread.
    • Your Items Name:
    • Images of your design. What does the weapon look like?
    • Written description of the weapon. Tell us about it!

Deadline for Submissions – Tuesday, September 18th at 11:59 PM Central Time
    The cut off time will be taken from the timestamp of the forum post of your entry.

Only one entry per person per category.
    If you want to change your submission you can go to your earlier submission and edit the post to change to your new submission.

Judging
    Entries will be judged by the Spacetime Studios Development Team. Equal weight will be applied to judging your visual design and your written descriptive component, so please spend time on both. You can include details about possible weapon procs or effects in your description. We’ll do our best to recreate those effects in game should you win.

Remember – all designs and art MUST be your own – created and submitted by you!

Submission Agreement

This is the agreement of SpaceTime Studios LLC, a Texas limited liability company located on the Internet at Spacetimestudios.com ("SPACETIME"), and you ("Submitter").

This Submission Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made and entered into as of the date of acceptance, as provided below, by Submitter.

The Submitter desires to furnish SPACETIME with one or more sets of source designs for Content (the "Content") for review and consideration for publication by SPACETIME, on, in, or in connection with SPACETIME’s online game now known as “Pocket Legends.”

It is a condition to SPACETIME's acceptance, consideration, and possible publication of the Content that Submitter agrees to the following terms and conditions:

1. Submitter acknowledges that SPACETIME is engaged in extensive research and development in many areas, including without limitation ongoing development of Pocket Legends and other games and communities, and other content for the consumer marketplace. Submitter further acknowledges that in the course of its business SPACETIME receives from others, including other submitters, its own employees and employees of its affiliates, numerous submissions of concepts, ideas, and designs for Content, and that SPACETIME may have developed or may in the future develop materials, or may have received or may in the future receive submissions of materials, similar or identical to those presented to SPACETIME by Submitter. Submitter understands that Submitter will not be entitled to any recognition or other consideration for any submitted materials nor will Submitter be entitled to recognition or consideration because of the use by SPACETIME or any of its affiliates of any such similar or identical material.

2. In the event that SPACETIME determines, in its sole discretion, that Content provided by Submitter may be added to, integrated into, or otherwise included in Pocket Legends and for related purposes, then Submitter will be deemed to have granted SPACETIME an irrevocable, exclusive, worldwide, royalty free, fully paid, right and license in and to the Content for purposes of use of Content in Pocket Legends, other products or services or SPACETIME, and for institutional purposes for and for the benefit of SPACETIME. The license includes all rights under copyright, and the full right to modify, edit, revise, or otherwise alter the Content. Submitter hereby waives all moral rights he or she may have in and to the Content. The license granted hereunder includes, without limitation, the right for SPACETIME to make derivative works based on or incorporating Submitter’s Content.

3. When and if SPACETIME utilizes Content, it will endeavor to provide recognition of Submitter on it Pocket Legends Internet Site; provided that failure to do so will not be a breach of this Agreement. Consideration of the Content by SPACETIME, and the recognition set forth in this Section, is the sum total of consideration to be provided to Submitter in connection with rights granted herein. SPACETIME will be under no further obligation to enter into a relationship with Submitter; however nothing in this Agreement shall preclude the parties from entering into future negotiations with respect to Content or further services from Submitter. SPACETIME shall have no obligation to return any Content to Submitter.

4. Submitter represents and warrants that (i) all Content is an original work of authorship created by Submitter; ; (ii) Submitter has the exclusive, unconditional right and authority to submit and/or convey to SPACETIME the Content and the rights granted herein, (iii) no use of Content as provided herein by SPACETIME or its designee(s) will infringe upon or violate the rights of any third party; (iv) Submitter has the right and authority to enter into this Agreement with SPACETIME and (v) no outstanding agreements exist, whether written or implied, which are inconsistent with any of the provisions of this Agreement.

5. This Agreement shall be governed by and conEngineerued in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to the conflicts of law principles thereof. Any action arising out of this Agreement will be brought only in the State of Federal courts located in Austin, Texas, and Submitter expressly consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of the foregoing courts. In addition to any recovery, the prevailing party in any action will be entitled to an award of its reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs in connection with any action.

6. This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding of the parties. No waiver or modification of any of the terms of this Agreement shall be valid unless in writing and signed by each of the parties hereto.

7. In the event that any provision of this Agreement shall be declared invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the validity or unenforceability of the other provisions of this Agreement, it being hereby agreed that such provisions are severable and that this Agreement shall be conEngineerued in all respects as if such invalid or unenforceable provisions were omitted.

8. It is a material provision of this Agreement that Submitter represents to SPACETIME that he or she is over the age of 18 and fully authorized and capable of entering into this Agreement and being legally bound thereby. But for Submitter making this foregoing representation to SPACETIME, SPACETIME would not enter into the Agreement with Submitter.

ACCEPTED AND AGREED UPON BY SPACETIME.

BY POSTING IN THE THREAD BELOW, SUBMITTER AGREES TO BE FULLY BOUND BY THE FOREGOING TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
    Last edited by RedStapler; 09-18-2012 at 03:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Question!

Only 1 per person per contest?
    or
    Only 1 per person per 'Category'/class
    or
    Only 1 per person per thread?
    Bringing back the wave!
    RIP: Flowman
    MY GUESS: 5,002
    <-- Yes.. it still is.

3.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Moderator - Inactive RedStapler's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Worship View Post
    Question!

Only 1 per person per contest?
    or
    Only 1 per person per 'Category'/class
    or
    Only 1 per person per thread?

Hey Worship!

You are allowed to submit one entry to each class, so one entry per thread.

I hope that clears it up!

-RS

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RedStapler For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedStapler View Post
    Hey Worship!

You are allowed to submit one entry to each class, so one entry per thread.

I hope that clears it up!

-RS
    Ok, thank you so much!
    I can tell you will be an AWESOME dev!!
    Bringing back the wave!
    RIP: Flowman
    MY GUESS: 5,002
    <-- Yes.. it still is.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Worship For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Character - Mynista
    Category - Engineer
    Item Name - Mynista's Eye of Vular Gauntlets

-These gauntlets have been made out of the heads of Vular, and have been modified to harness the Scorn power located in the Vular's eye. They blink (or pulsate). The Engi's fingers also slide into hollowed out areas in the teeth. Fits like a glove! Haha!

Last edited by MYNISTA; 09-04-2012 at 03:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

Ign: Mitchturbo

Engineer Gauntlets.

Extreme Cybernetic Claws

Name:  Extreme Cybernetic Claws .jpg
Views: 2264
Size:  164.4 KB

Why have a pair of removable Gauntlets, when you can replace your arms with them completly!!
    Extreme! Oh yeah!! XD
    Mitchturbo Created these Cybernetic Claws to enhance his puny engineer arms into weapons of mass healing and destruction!
    Now with the combined strength of cybernetic robotics on his side, he can take down a force of scorn in seconds while healing his party in nano seconds.

The Gauntlets are gold and silver and have glowing blue plasma powering them. They are Epic in everyway, truly deserving legendary status.
    They may even have a mana regen bonus if you choose to imply it :-)

Thanks for the competition Spacetime Studios!
    Last edited by Mitchturbo; 08-31-2012 at 11:58 PM.
    "Still Retired but casually dueling in PvP from Time to Time"
    EXTREME BOSS SLAYERS Are Back!
    Wanting a signature? Send me a Pm (SL credits only)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Character Name : Kanozaki
    Category : Engineer
    Item Name : Quantum Blasters

Quick Sketch of the blasters.(lol not as good as i had hoped for but did it in 10 mins or so.)

Colored version.( color scheme can vary to match the new armor ) Wish i still had my tablet, had to settle for mouse.

Quantum Blasters

Far advanced than any UCS technology. The Quantum Blasters are powered by a Demon from a parallel Universe. The blasters are in a sense a demon themselves. Granting the user a +5 m/s mana proc as well as a 2 m/s hp proc paired with deadly damage , these things are not to be taken lightly. Only given to a few elite who can handle this weapon to obliterate any scorn threat. Caution : Only to be used by professionals.

"I feel a strange energy going through me" - Dead Scientist

lol finished this pretty quickly as i wanted to level , so i may change the design completely. Unsure about the name though might change that as well.

Best of Luck guys
    Kano.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kanozaki For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Reserved

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

NOTICE: New weapons shipments have arrived on the Blackstar.

Introducing the Battle Medic Drone, it is a user controlled drone that has an underslung nano-laser and short range (~3m) AoE nanobot healing effect. The user is issued a control tablet and drone, then sent out with an elite team to destroy, burn, and pillage Scorn outposts!
    *Please forgive the crude drawing, I'm no artist, however, it should be sufficient to convey my idea.

IGN: Deathpunch
    Item name: Battle Medic Drone
    Added effects: on a critical hit, all party members within 8 meters of the engineer receive 40% of the damage dealt as a healing buff, rounded down to the nearest whole number. Also, the engineer receieves a 15% dodge buff, rounded down to the nearest whole number, for 10 seconds.
    Stats: Due to a heightened situational awareness, the engineer equipped with this drone would receive a boost to their dodge and int stats.

-----
    This post has +5 to topic derailment.
    Last edited by Deathpunch; 09-02-2012 at 09:54 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Character Name: Dugs.
    Category: Engineer.
    Your Items Name: Demons claws of death.
    Images of your design. What does the weapon look like?
    Name:  demon gloves.jpg
Views: 1344
Size:  16.7 KB
    Written description of the weapon. Tell us about it!
    These gloves have the power of a million demons, be careful what you use them for..

Good luck everybody
    Last edited by dugantale; 09-01-2012 at 08:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpunch:767489

Introducing the Deathpunch Drone, it is a user controlled drone that has an underslung nano-laser and short range (~3m) AoE nanobot healing effect. The user is issued a control tablet and drone, then sent out with an elite team to destroy, burn, and pillage Scorn outposts!
    *Please forgive the crude drawing, I'm no artist, however, it should be sufficient to convey my idea.

-----
    not saying u did copy this on purpose but u have kind of copied the recon drone killstreak from mw3 the design of the aircraft is diff though
    SL:Abbasjammy 46 opp Abbasjammmy 46 comm Abbasjamy
    45 eng Irushrushers 25 pvper crstore money 2010 player yup thats right im an old timer B-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by abbasjammmy:767565
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathpunch:767489

Introducing the Deathpunch Drone, it is a user controlled drone that has an underslung nano-laser and short range (~3m) AoE nanobot healing effect. The user is issued a control tablet and drone, then sent out with an elite team to destroy, burn, and pillage Scorn outposts!

-----
    not saying u did copy this on purpose but u have kind of copied the recon drone killstreak from mw3 the design of the aircraft is diff though
    I beg to differ
    It looks like my Recon's MAV in Battlefield 3

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Default I would like to present:

Aan's Soul Snatchers

engie.pdf

Category: Engineer
    Type: Power Gauntlet
    Description: Powered with the seaming hate of demonic souls, Aan's Soul Snatcher was presented to any Scorn Priest that proved themselves in battle and in wit. They are a sign of great power and are dangerous as such. The weapon lashes out with demonic fury and taps into the victom's very soul.

"Being a dangerous weapon is one thing, but taking the very soul of another is something to reckon with!" - Abekrie, engineer

For special effects and Procs, I was thinking of it either doing a debuff like in PL or a slow drain tick. Having your soul tapped isn't the best thing in the galaxy. It could also have smoke coming of with a little electricity like a stormcloud and has the cannisters molded into wristband guard. (Which is why there are tubes connected to the gloves from the extra supply of demonic energy.

I'll put it through a scanner for extra detail.
    Last edited by Cahaun; 09-04-2012 at 07:10 PM.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpunch View Post

-----
    Lol shon very creative

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kanozaki For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by abbasjammmy View Post
    Umm... I don't play mw3, so no, I didn't. Besides, mw3 probably copied someone else, as a remote drone is hardly a new idea. My idea actually was conceived from Tau drones in Warhammer 40k, though theirs are semi-autonomous.

-----
    Sent from my Nexus 7
    Last edited by Deathpunch; 09-01-2012 at 10:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Reserved. Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Ign: Esoul
    Engineer: hand blaster
    Cyber Omni clawName:  uploadfromtaptalk1346563643758.jpg
Views: 1383
Size:  124.2 KB
    Written description of the
    weapon : Amazingly High-Tech Hand blaster very powerful and know as O.c "Omega Claw"

Sent from my R.I.V.E.T

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

First of all i am like "OMG" after seeing the talents up there..i dont have a chance at all..still doing this for fun

Character Name : Rittik
    Item Name : Demonic Star Blasters

Sketch Free hand :-
    Name:  handblasters.jpg
Views: 1424
Size:  81.9 KB

Colored version:- Kinda had to edit it for making it look like holograpihic stuffs
    Name:  handlblastersfinal.jpg
Views: 1529
Size:  94.1 KB

Demonic Star Blasters

The weapon created by the Demons themselves!Far Advanced than the last scorn technology!Gives the users High DPS and Damage with high mana and health regen rates making it the "Weapon for the chosen ones". Chosen Few by the Scorn God are given The Demonic Star Blasters to blast off the scorn army in blink of an eye!

"Aye aye i want those"- LV1 Engineer

well i hope to see more entries from all these amazing artists present!
    Best Of Luck to all of you guys

-Rik[Rittik]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kanozaki:766727
    Character Name : Kanozaki
    Item Name : Quantum Blasters

Quick Sketch of the blasters.(lol not as good as i had hoped for but did it in 10 mins or so.)

Colored version.( color scheme can vary to match the new armor ) Wish i still had my tablet, had to settle for mouse.

Quantum Blasters

Far advanced than any UCS technology. The Quantum Blasters are powered by a Demon from a parallel Universe. The blasters are in a sense a demon themselves. Granting the user a +5 m/s mana proc as well as a 2 m/s hp proc paired with deadly damage , these things are not to be taken lightly. Only given to a few elite who can handle this weapon to obliterate any scorn threat. Caution : Only to be used by professionals.

"I feel a strange energy going through me" - Dead Scientist

lol finished this pretty quickly as i wanted to level , so i may change the design completely. Unsure about the name though might change that as well.

Best of Luck guys
    Kano.
    wow absolute stunner disqualified for being too good i was team mitch till u showed us this sorry mitch this is just wow
    SL:Abbasjammy 46 opp Abbasjammmy 46 comm Abbasjamy
    45 eng Irushrushers 25 pvper crstore money 2010 player yup thats right im an old timer B-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    317 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rittik View Post
    First of all i am like "OMG" after seeing the talents up there..i dont have a chance at all..still doing this for fun

Character Name : Rittik
    Item Name : Demonic Star Blasters

Sketch Free hand :-
    Name:  handblasters.jpg
Views: 1424
Size:  81.9 KB

Colored version:- Kinda had to edit it for making it look like holograpihic stuffs
    Name:  handlblastersfinal.jpg
Views: 1529
Size:  94.1 KB

Demonic Star Blasters

The weapon created by the Demons themselves!Far Advanced than the last scorn technology!Gives the users High DPS and Damage with high mana and health regen rates making it the "Weapon for the chosen ones". Chosen Few by the Scorn God are given The Demonic Star Blasters to blast off the scorn army in blink of an eye!

"Aye aye i want those"- LV1 Engineer

well i hope to see more entries from all these amazing artists present!
    Best Of Luck to all of you guys

-Rik[Rittik]
    Lol I like how you made it a pink

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Jblazer For This Useful Post: